Steel Bending, Scrolling, Snapping and other forms of destruction

Donc101

I thought it would be good to have 1 place to update new bends, etc. that I do. I did some scrolling for the first time today. So much fun and a killer workout. I am drained right now. I did a full normal bending workout and did 2 scrolls at the end. 

My first scroll was 1/2 x 48”, Second scroll of 3/8 x 48” and then I combined the 2 to make a wine rack. It’s cool to be left with a bad ass piece of art when you are done.

9CD2371C-0C44-4057-8842-0E465FE645F3.jpeg

EBB8869A-8D2C-4659-A605-1BECD0CDD985.jpeg

25516335-BF1B-4B70-BABC-7D6DA09B40C6.jpeg

• Like 10

I was looking at the FBBC certs list and realized I had never done a Shiny Bastard video, so I did a cert video today in IMP.

• Like 10

"Oh shoot, I forgot to do a shiny bastard. I'll just take a few minutes and knock it out. No biggie"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

"Oh shoot, I forgot to do a shiny bastard. I'll just take a few minutes and knock it out. No biggie"

Haha, thanks Adam. You hitting up any bending this week?

I finished up my workout today with a red nail snap. I first snapped a red Nail October 30, 2017. It took about 21 minutes. I snapped one last week and it took about 13:30. Today was the 3rd time snapping one and I did it in just under 10 minutes. I am definetly happy with the progress. 

• Like 6

That's awesome!  How many people have snapped a Red, that you know of?  Seems pretty brutal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

That's awesome!  How many people have snapped a Red, that you know of?  Seems pretty brutal.

Thanks Carl! I first heard about it in David Horne’s Gripopedia. I saw Robert Nejedly did one and also Kirill V. Not sure who else. A fun feat and a good workout.

Getting in on the 1 IMP action today. Goal to get the red like this before too long.

• Like 7

I did my first steel shredder 3 bar. The 199 kg bar. I did not video, I will probably do a video of a Bend next week. I also did another scroll today. So fun and it really works you in different ways. I can feel it wearing my tendons out and fatiguing them. I don’t think my hound liked the scroll.

E3295D83-F323-4F7E-8B0B-3E0E1AAB8C64.jpeg

7F6CFE73-4B89-4D92-A23A-673CCBDD08D0.jpeg

41A4D707-8F74-4585-B006-06E7A0ED82A4.jpeg

Edited by Donc101
  • Like 9

Badazzery!  :rock

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

I did my first video for the Steel Shredder #3 comp today, the 229k bar. It felt pretty good.

• Like 5

On 3/11/2018 at 8:59 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Badazzery!  :rock

Thanks Mike. Lots of fun stuff to bend!

9 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

I did my first video for the Steel Shredder #3 comp today, the 229k bar. It felt pretty good.

My dog found a way to get into about half of my bending videos Don.  She's been so awesome over the last 13 years.  Nice bend!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Very strong!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My dog found a way to get into about half of my bending videos Don.  She's been so awesome over the last 13 years.  Nice bend!

Thanks Mike! I have 3 daughters. 5, 3 and 8 months and it seems like half my videos have a dog, a kid or some sort of princess movie music in the back ground. Haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very strong!!

Thank you sir!

7 minutes ago, Jlark27 said:

I just did my first grade 8 in a single wrap. Was 1/4" × 6" triangle. You made that look easy.  

I noticed you put your thumbs over the bar instead of under. Ive never seen that before. Does it help in some way? I'm going try it and see hoe it feels.

Sick bending! 

I watched EJ Do it. Now I do it. I feel it adds more control. I dunno just feels right. Im a DU bender and only use it on the crush. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

I just did my first grade 8 in a single wrap. Was 1/4" × 6" triangle. You made that look easy.  

I noticed you put your thumbs over the bar instead of under. Ive never seen that before. Does it help in some way? I'm going try it and see hoe it feels.

Sick bending! 

Thanks! I am not sure who I saw do that when I first started bending, but I saw it on a video and tried it out and it works for me. I seem to have a better application of power like that. Let me know how it feels if you try it out.

12 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

I gave it a try but really couldnt concentrate with both my index fingers opening up. When I'm all healed up I will give it another go. 

The other way has been working for you, it really is just a matter of what feels more comfortable. You will be healed up soon and crushing it again.

Great bends Don! I just saw your page now - that red nail snap was crazy - like Carl said, I've never heard of someone doing that before - now I know a guy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Great bends Don! I just saw your page now - that red nail snap was crazy - like Carl said, I've never heard of someone doing that before - now I know a guy!

Thanks Anton! Lots of fun doing the snapping!

• Like 1

I did a new steel shredder 3 comp bend today. A 248k bar bend. 

• Like 4

On 2018-03-07 at 8:48 PM, Donc101 said:

I finished up my workout today with a red nail snap. I first snapped a red Nail October 30, 2017. It took about 21 minutes. I snapped one last week and it took about 13:30. Today was the 3rd time snapping one and I did it in just under 10 minutes. I am definetly happy with the progress. 

Damn Don that was awesome! Ever wear a HR monitor when you snap? I've only snapped a few 3/8" bars and I get crazy sweaty. That red looked killer!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dube said:

Damn Don that was awesome! Ever wear a HR monitor when you snap? I've only snapped a few 3/8" bars and I get crazy sweaty. That red looked killer!

Thanks Andrew! I have never worn one but it gets your heart racing for sure. A real full body strength and conditioning exercise. 

• Like 1