CANCELLED! (SJ's FFF2 (February 16th, 2019))

anwnate

For for February 2 has been cancelled.  My profound apologies.  I will be unable to host this event.

I will lock the thread after posting this adjustment.

Please PM me if you have already bought equipment for the comp.  Thanks. - Nate

SJ's  4ForFeb2!

I'm starting this thread nearly a year in advance because I want to secure this particular weekend in February. 

At the request of the wifey…this competition will be held the Saturday directly before President's day.  This gives us an extra day to clean up before the week starts, and also gives those coming from afar, more time to return and relax.  There will be no SJ5 in the Summer of 2018 or 2019.  Considering this is only 10 weeks after "The Last Gripmas", I'm not expecting an enormous crowd, but if enough people commit, I will look into acquiring a venue outside the Brous House Gym.  Regardless of numbers…I will once again attempt to produce a serious contest, that is also very enjoyable.  Feel free to chime in with questions.

4ForFeb1 featured Ironmind products.

4ForFeb2 features…FBBC!  Woot!

Date:  2/16/19

Promoter's Names:  Nathaniel and Maureen Brous

Events: 

30mm Grippers (Non-rising bar 4 attempts)

FBBC 3" Climbers (1HP) (rising bar 4 attempts)

FBBC 2.5" Crusher (rising bar 4 attempts)

FBBC  Legends Anvil (rising bar 4 attempts)  This is a seriously challenging piece of equipment.  Remember that it's NOT supposed to be easy.  Low numbers are big numbers on this Anvil.  This is a great opportunity to set a ton of weight class records on it.

Equipment:  Competition Calibrated Rogue Plates, FBBC Loading Pin and crossbar.

All lifts will feature the FBBC crossbar that will making judging fast and uncomplicated.

grippers 98.jpgclimbers.JPGcrusher.JPGanvil.JPG

If anyone is crazy  awesome enough to fly in for the comp...I'm 20min from PHL (Philadelphia International Airport).  There is also an adequate hotel (Best Western) that is less than a mile from my house.

• Like 10

Awesome. Road trip time. 

• Like 2

I guess this means I have to buy more grip equipment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome! And this time the company whose merchandise is being featured may even support you! Phenomenal!

2 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Awesome! And this time the company whose merchandise is being featured may even support you! Phenomenal!

Awesome! And this time I hope to be in your company.

• Like 1

Yes please.  I'll be there.  Once again, I will have something dreamed up for a prize(s). Don't know what yet.  Don't know how to top the hammers. 

• Like 3

Barring another life altering event, ill make a go at this. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Yes please.  I'll be there.  Once again, I will have something dreamed up for a prize(s). Don't know what yet.  Don't know how to top the hammers. 

Flail or shot loadable pike. :D

• Like 1

Glad to see 30mm Gripper event. The Top 100 List for 30mm is a woefully short list, with only 46 names on it.

11 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Glad to see 30mm Gripper event. The Top 100 List for 30mm is a woefully short list, with only 46 names on it.

Ha!  There are 50...but 4 at SJ4 were women.  Historically 30mm hasn't been contested on this side of the pond.  This second comp featuring it will give most of those names an opportunity to move up. :)

I like 30mm because its more of a challenge, yet isn't completely ridiculous for smaller hands.

Any chance we will see you next Feb?

• Like 1

No. It's not the 3000 miles as much as it is the time of the year; I work 6 plus days a week Feb-April. 30mm is a very reasonable width, that ought to be good.

15 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

No. It's not the 3000 miles as much as it is the time of the year; I work 6 plus days a week Feb-April. 30mm is a very reasonable width, that ought to be good.

For me it would be the 3000 miles. Lol

I knew it was a long shot...but you never know til you ask. :)

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, anwnate said:

Ha!  There are 50...but 4 at SJ4 were women.  Historically 30mm hasn't been contested on this side of the pond.  This second comp featuring it will give most of those names an opportunity to move up. :)

I like 30mm because its more of a challenge, yet isn't completely ridiculous for smaller hands.

Any chance we will see you next Feb?

The wider the better, since I can't set for shit anyway!

I am IN.  That was the most fun I've had in a LONG time.  One bottle of the Kirkland whiskey will be on me.  I may also find something to contribute either in equipment for prizes or time to help, but definitely a bottle on me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

I would actually love to see a TNS gripper event, but I know that's not popular.

31 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

You've got a year to work on it!  Besides...I generally just set it shut (or near), then open it up to the proper width.  You get better leverage/skin grab that way.

29 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I am IN.  That was the most fun I've had in a LONG time.  One bottle of the Kirkland whiskey will be on me.  I may also find something to contribute either in equipment for prizes or time to help, but definitely a bottle on me.

Nice!  Sounds like a plan!

27 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I would actually love to see a TNS gripper event, but I know that's not popular.

It's not...but it's still a cool event to contest every once in a while.  :) 

32 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

you happen to train with a guy who is pretty decent with grippers. I'm sure you can learn in a year. 

Just now, Chez said:

you happen to train with a guy who is pretty decent with grippers. I'm sure you can learn in a year. 

Yes, but I stubbornly resist your sage advice and instead seek to blaze my own trail ...

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Yes, but I stubbornly resist your sage advice and instead seek to blaze my own trail ...

eh. seen it many times before. Some have to learn the hard way :laugh

1 hour ago, Chez said:

eh. seen it many times before. Some have to learn the hard way :laugh

Indeed

I plan to be there. Sounds like fun!

• Like 2

Interesting.......I better start training ahead of time for this one

20 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Id like to do one of Nates comps as well. 

Nate im gonna plan on this one man. Apologies i have yet to make it..

We could fly out of DFW together haha