SJ's 4ForFeb RESULTS

anwnate

Lots of PR's were set on Saturday.

Item's of Note:

John McCarter pulled 43.8kg on the Ironmind Hub...shattering the existing Ironmind Recognized World Record by 6 "LBS".  Obviously this is a new NAGS record as well.  Time will tell if Ironmind will recognize the lift after watching the video and deliberating.  Regardless, this lift was amazing to witness.  After Ironmind responds with their decision (either way), we will release the Hub video.

Originally, it was believed that John had pulled 47kg on the Hub.  Through careful studying of the video and conversations with the loaders, it was determined that the implement/pin/carabiner/washer weight was accidently set to 6lbs...as opposed to 6kgs.  The fault lies entirely with the promoter...me...and caused a revamp of the entire Hub competition numbers.  That said...John still killed the existing record by over 6lbs!  I had not even managed to watch the video before both @Anthony C. and @FrankD had contacted me...prompting an investigation that killed a good portion of my day.  I was literally sick to my stomach when I finally figured out what had gone wrong.  I've very glad that I did not preemptively throw the totals up.  The "class placings" page was screwed up, so I put class numbers to the right of the overalls.  

Additionally, John won 3 out of 4 events, taking a single second to Chez (duh) in grippers.

Juliet Avila set her 4th, 5th NAGS records after only 9 months of grip training and 3rd Grip Contest.  Had the IM Hub snafu not occurred, she might have had a third...but wasted at least one attempt coming in very light, due to the incorrect weight total.  With her competitive nature and training numbers literally approaching Elizabeth Horne's Ironmind Records, her grip future looks positive...to say the least.

Duevorn Harris was called away mid comp for a family emergency.  He had been training the LBH hard, and a WR was a real possibility.  Hopefully, he will get the chance to compete on it down the road.

4forfeb results final.JPG

Inch Pinch hold for time (40lbs)

Winner...Delmar Carter with 40seconds.

Non winners...everybody else with much much less.  :) 

Platform Double Sledge

Nathaniel Brous

Hard to really call this a contest.  Pretty much everyone did a few and said..."this sucks."  Myself...I LOVE the pump.  This alone has helped my off hand gripper improve quickly.

Bending

Need to confer with Carl, Aaron and Delmar regarding this event.  Adam and Frank both had very respectable point totals also.

Please let me know if there are corrections to be made.  Thank you.  -Nate

• Like 12

Congrats to John McCarter- amazing. Very impressive and also new WR in Pinch block of 49kg lift? Has to be close

3 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

also new WR in Pinch block of 49kg lift

yep, current IM record is 48.6 kg but I think someone said at the comp that you have to beat an ironmind record by 1kg for it to be recognized by them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

Wait. Just found it. It says it on the ironmind blockbuster record page about the 1kg min requirement:

"*The minimum increment for breaking a world record is 1 kg, effective January 1, 2015"

• Like 2

Congrats to John! The dude is monstrously strong and a pleasure to be around. This record has been years in the making for him.

Just to touch upon what was said in the original post, Frank and I took the videos, and noticed that the weight shown on the scale was different than what the scoring sheet said. We had to say something to Confirm the lift before confusion broke out on the board. 

• Like 6

It truly was a great comp with terrific camaraderie. Big congrats to John and Juliet on their records and everyone else for solid lifts across the board.  

• Like 4

Bending (60d's/2min)

1.  Delmar Carter  10xDU, 1xDO  = 41

2.  Carl Donati Jr.  9xDU = 36

3.  Aaron Corcorran  8xRS  = 32

4.  Adam "The Wrist Breaker"  Juncker 10xDO = 30 

4.  Frank Deluca  10xDO = 30

6.  Anton Torrella  8xDO = 24

7.  John McCarter  4xDO = 12

• Like 3

So pissed I had to miss this contest..these numbers are awesome plus a bending thing!? Just icing on the cake. 

Great job all!

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KapMan said:

So pissed I had to miss this contest..these numbers are awesome plus a bending thing!? Just icing on the came. 

Great job all!

Aaaaannnndd....... an impromptu 6 man tag team long bar event. We all were exhausted and went after a 3/4" x 48" HRS.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Aaaaannnndd....... an impromptu 6 man tag team long bar event. We all were exhausted and went after a 3/4" x 48" HRS.

Did you finish it off? That is a beast of a bar!

11 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Did you finish it off? That is a beast of a bar!

Going after 3/4x40 because i hate myself 

19 minutes ago, KapMan said:

I wanna know too! 

They did. They struggled for a while to get it going but Delmar was able to and then they took turns until it was finished 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Chez said:

They did. They struggled for a while to get it going but Delmar was able to and then they took turns until it was finished 

Thats epic!

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Going after 3/4x40 because i hate myself 

Aaron did the final crush down, and I forgot who proclaimed its death. ;) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KapMan said:

So pissed I had to miss this contest..these numbers are awesome plus a bending thing!? Just icing on the cake. 

Great job all!

I made those hammers hoping to entice you into coming bruh. I tried. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Adam Juncker said:

I made those hammers hoping to entice you into coming bruh. I tried. 

My wife was seriously ill, i would of came. Slept in the yard and competed. Thanks for thinking of me homie;)