Every man that has a young boy should read this. Grip is specifically mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Isn't masculinity toxic?

Not where I stand it’s not. The powers that be are teaching that. Making us a weak and soft society... they are succeeding at light speed.

Can't really see any problems with masculinity. People being "macho" can be a problem but that is a different story.

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

Can't really see any problems with masculinity. People being "macho" can be a problem but that is a different story.

Masculinity is not being macho as we all know. It’s being a man as a man was intended. Th article says it all about how we have turned a majority of boys into weak men. I don’t care for macho either.

Ugh, kind of a careless throw-away article.  I feel like this is the only good point: "There is no virtue in physical decline." 

People--men, women, dads, moms, boys, girls--just need to get off devices. 

Even if you take accountability for yourself to fight physical decline, the world of today is simply nothing like it was X years ago.  When "men were men."   

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Ugh, kind of a careless throw-away article.  I feel like this is the only good point: "There is no virtue in physical decline." 

People--men, women, dads, moms, boys, girls--just need to get off devices. 

Even if you take accountability for yourself to fight physical decline, the world of today is simply nothing like it was X years ago.  When "men were men."   

Absolutely it’s the rise of the machines that are killing us.... I miss when girls were girls and men were men! Those days are gone.

There were a whole bunch of articles on the subject when the results came out a couple of years ago.  I liked this one the best, because of the photo, and the humor in the article. I personally thought it was funny, and didn't take it too seriously.

I have a Baseline Dynamometer and about a month ago, had all the Millennials and Generation X employees squeeze it (there were 8 or 9 of them). They were all quite proud, and they had hand strength that exceeded "average", even the old-fashioned definition of "average". I don't push "grip" on them, but I guess people are more competitive than you might think. They seemed "relieved" that they were not THAT guy or THAT woman:

http://gawker.com/millennial-men-lack-the-grip-strength-to-protect-our-na-1785295658

Even something like "yard work" would go a long way to remedy the situation.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Absolutely it’s the rise of the machines that are killing us.... I miss when girls were girls and men were men! Those days are gone.

Wall-e is our future

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Its fine with me if people want to be a bunch of soft, confused individuals, or identify as something they are not. But, since the world "expects" that i should respect whatever identity they choose, then round about is fair play. And in return they can respect my identity as a non confused, gun toting, god fearing, middle age, blue collar, proud American white man.

but.. if they choose not to respect my identity, then the most appropriate course of action is to simply return the favor of no respect. Easy. 😁

That’s exactly what is being done Tommy. Guys like us being erased from existence. It’s now  offensivse to be traditional men. Stay strong and keep your children if you have them strong. They can disrespect  your identity.... but you just might get sued or locked up if you don’t respect theirs.

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s exactly what is being done Tommy. Guys like us being erased from existence. It’s now  offensivse to be traditional men. Stay strong and keep your children if you have them strong. They can disrespect  your identity.... but you just might get sued or locked up if you don’t respect theirs.

Well being anything outside of triggered seems to be offensive to many. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

46 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Well being anything outside of triggered seems to be offensive to many. 

Come on, guys. You sound triggered too, talking about how it's offensive to be the way you were meant to be. And unless you refuse service to somebody for no other reason than their "identity", or something like that, nobody is getting sued or locked up.

I mean, I'm not really surprised athleticism has gone down when comparing young people that grew up in a manufacturing based economy vs a service based economy.

At any rate, I feel the article was pretty clear that young men aren't as manly now because they're not being raised that way. The people erasing masculinity are the parents, not the children, right?

Edited by Primitivebeasty

1 hour ago, Primitivebeasty said:

Come on, guys. You sound triggered too, talking about how it's offensive to be the way you were meant to be. And unless you refuse service to somebody for no other reason than their "identity", or something like that, nobody is getting sued or locked up.

I mean, I'm not really surprised athleticism has gone down when comparing young people that grew up in a manufacturing based economy vs a service based economy.

At any rate, I feel the article was pretty clear that young men aren't as manly now because they're not being raised that way. The people erasing masculinity are the parents, not the children, right?

It’s not offensive to us to be how we were meant to be... but the government is pushing that agenda obviously.... but back to the reason why I posted the article... men in general these days are becoming weaker and weaker and having less basic skills as was not so long ago. If you have sons no matter who you are... it’s up to you to teach them how to be men and how to survive and be strong in this world. This world is pushing them away from that. Telling them it’s wrong to be a traditional strong man. It is not imagined.... but it is up to us to change it. We don’t want our sons  weaker than the average millennial 30 year old woman. But to each their own I suppose. You mentioned no one being sued for not recognizing certain “agendas” ... actually in NYC right now if you fail to legitimize someone for who they “think” they are you can be fined right now. So yes it has started. But let’s stick to grip and strength as the article was posted for men to teach their boys before the generation of strength disappears! 😉

Manual labor pays less money so people have moved onto computers, it's unfortunate but I don't think it's a grand conspiracy.

I definitely see first hand the lack of physical work experience, I constantly struggle to hire basic technicians who just know how to use tools. Nothing even fancy, I had a guy in an interview that couldn't use a crescent wrench. Not surprisingly he also had a dead fish handshake.

19 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Huh?.. where are you from?

nobody has any "right" to your service. I dont care how easily they get their feelings hurt. I live in Texas, which is a right to work state. Meaning that employers here reserve the right to not hire, or fire any employee for any reason they choose.

i even see signs on businesses that state "we reserve the right to refuse service to you for any reason we deem necessary"

and incase anyone is wondering if its just a Texas thing, your wrong. The FIRST time i ever noticed a sign in that exact language was in L.A. California. The most liberal state in this country.

there are NO laws in this great country that say you have a right to not have your "feelings" hurt. NONE!

so stop trying to get the government to enforce your feelings!

Preach it Tommy!

26 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Huh?.. where are you from?

nobody has any "right" to your service. I dont care how easily they get their feelings hurt. I live in Texas, which is a right to work state. Meaning that employers here reserve the right to not hire, or fire any employee for any reason they choose.

i even see signs on businesses that state "we reserve the right to refuse service to you for any reason we deem necessary"

and incase anyone is wondering if its just a Texas thing, your wrong. The FIRST time i ever noticed a sign in that exact language was in L.A. California. The most liberal state in this country.

there are NO laws in this great country that say you have a right to not have your "feelings" hurt. NONE!

so stop trying to get the government to enforce your feelings!

Nobody said anybody has a right to any service - in the context of getting sued for not "respecting" another person's identity, I was referring to the only instance I am aware of; a bakery getting sued for declining to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple, for the sole reason that they were homosexual. And that wasn't because their "feelings" were hurt, it's because it's illegal to discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation ("identity", if you will), just like it's illegal to discriminate against someone based on their race, or religion.

I agree with Mr. Sullivan, perhaps this discussion has strayed too far from the subject of grip.

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

That was a civil suit. Not a criminal one. It fell under a defamation category. 

Also, the bakerys decision was one based off a religion belief. So i support that. Technically the only rights violation there was against the bakery. Sexual preference is not defined in the 1st amendment. Religion is. So technically the bakery could, and should sue right back.

the beauty of that story is, so what? If a place refuses to serve gays, then they can take the hit financially by that offended individual and other like minded ones to spend their money else where. THAT is how you settle the score in a free market. Not by crying to a judge. 

Most lawyers will tell you that defamation suits are some of the hardest ones to win also. Hints the free speech thing.

The problem arises when groups or the government try to force people against their religious beliefs to abandon those beliefs for groups that are trying to compromise what their faith states is not kosher. No matter the religion. It’s actually a great thing. That you can’t... at least at this point in time.... but that is rapidly changing... be forced to go against your religious beliefs because big brah tells you so. If you can’t stand for something you will fall for anything. I myself will always stand for what’s right and what I believe on! Now gentlemen! GRIP ON!

Ive gotten tired of watching the news and listening to the radio. The crying and bickering is old.

You have a politican trying to ban football for kids. If that happens whats to say other impact or masculine sports get chopped as well? I cant for the life of me figure out how we became so weak..

You have kids refusing to go to school because if gun rights. Looney bin is what the hell this place has turned into. 

Well said Joe and Tommy. Solid topic too. 

Edited by KapMan

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Ive gotten tired of watching the news and listening to the radio. The crying and bickering is old.

You have a politican trying to ban football for kids. If that happens whats to say other impact or masculine sports get chopped as well? I cant for the life of me figure out how we became so weak..

You have kids refusing to go to school because if gun rights. Looney bin is what the hell this place has turned into. 

It’s all part of the new new new newwwww world orderrrr Kapster! All  it takes for evil to prevail is for a few good men to stand by and do nothing. I refuse to stand by! 

GRIP ON!

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Furthermore..... the WW2 generation would be rolling in their graves if they saw what a sorry state of affairs we have become and a lot of what they fought and died for is little by little becoming undone. That generations kids would steam roll the current generation like a Mack truck in all areas outside of playing with a smart phone.

14 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Manual labor pays less money so people have moved onto computers, it's unfortunate but I don't think it's a grand conspiracy.

I definitely see first hand the lack of physical work experience, I constantly struggle to hire basic technicians who just know how to use tools. Nothing even fancy, I had a guy in an interview that couldn't use a crescent wrench. Not surprisingly he also had a dead fish handshake.

Same problems in my area, looking for young people to do manual labor, and for decent pay too. 

Computer jobs aren't what they are cracked up to be anyway.  I went to college for 4 years, graduated, and had a pretty lucrative career in sales for 5 years.  I left that to go work in a factory. I do industrial maintenance and now run a construction company - and make about 3 times as much money as I did in sales.  I have a friend that is an electrical engineer and another that does computer programming. Their jobs are easier on their bodies, but the pay reflects that. In my area, there is a lot of work in construction  (plumbing, electrical, framing, etc) if someone wants to do the work.

• Like 1

I think this has fallen off topic (i.e., grip) and therefore is closed due to the politics and religion direction of discussion.

• Like 1