5/8 x 26” Braced bend

Donc101

It has taken some training to get this in under 2 minutes, but I finally did it today.

• Like 8

David Horne added this Bend to his Braced list. That list is great as it gives you an idea on what good  bends are and it has tons of videos to learn various techniques. People do not submit bends to it much any more. There seems to be a lot of people braced bending now. I would like to see others submitting bends so there is a good list going forward for people. Here is the current mid length braced list.

FA8B754A-7FF5-4C46-BEDE-88FFEABB0482.png

• Like 3

Congrats. That was very impressive determination and strength!! I have some nails I never really used- if interested(nails are free) PM me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Congrats. That was very impressive determination and strength!! I have some nails I never really used- if interested(nails are free) PM me

Thanks man!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome job Don!

Thank you sir! Lots of fun!

8 hours ago, KapMan said:

Not many folk seem to post bends. Shame

You should email David your Braced bends so he can put on the list. Good to have it up to date.

Good job! Congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camz said:

Good job! Congrats!

Thanks! You have been hitting some big bends lately! 

• Like 1

Nice work Don! Looked like the crush down was going to give you some trouble but you powered through it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Dube said:

Nice work Don! Looked like the crush down was going to give you some trouble but you powered through it!

Thanks Andrew. Yeah the crush was tough to get started.

10 hours ago, Donc101 said:

You should email David your Braced bends so he can put on the list. Good to have it up to date.

When i get in the habit of measuring on camera and doing things with more authority I definatly will.

its just a shame that this side of community is small in the states (for those that we know of, of course)  

• Like 1

Nice bend Don!  Starting to get into painful territory with the shorter 5/8" stuff. :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Buccos1 said:

Nice bend Don!  Starting to get into painful territory with the shorter 5/8" stuff. :D

Thanks Carl! You gotta love the pain to do this sort of stuff. Your 21.8” on the list is crazy. Was that your best ever? What do you think you would do now?

7 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Carl! You gotta love the pain to do this sort of stuff. Your 21.8” on the list is crazy. Was that your best ever? What do you think you would do now?

Thanks!  It was the best at 5/8.  Cut it to 21.5, but realized I was a little off with the chop saw and wanted to be exact as possible.  I was gunning for 20" too, and was hoping to get there within the year, but, unfortunately, it never happened.  Those few years were awesome, but really ended up taking a toll physically (coupled with the horseshoes around the same time too).  By that same time the following year, I felt a lot older and sore.  LOL  

Nowadays, I am happy to still be able to bend some of these bars again, but would guess my max right now would probably be 28".  Not sure if I want to test this or push it too much again, but who knows?? :D  

• Like 3

On 20.2.2018 at 5:13 PM, Donc101 said:

Thanks! You have been hitting some big bends lately! 

Thank you! Hopefully I can step it up a bit in the near future! Still have to learn a lot, but with all the guys bending braced at the moment, it's quite motivating!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Great bend Don - congrats!

Thanks Anton! How is your bending going?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Thanks Anton! How is your bending going?

It hasn't been going at all since I saw you in December unfortunately - I hit a wall so I paused bending cold turkey and have been working on deadlifting, squatting, grippers, and pinch to refresh myself a little and hopefully gain some more physical strength before resuming my steel bending journey - I feel bending is more about technique and force application than sheer strength, but a little more strength training couldn't hurt - I was also getting too worn down mentally and emotionally against my sworn enemies, the hexabastard and DOAB, so I had to take a break a regroup, which I think has worked - your DOAB cert a month and a half ago was awesome and I'd love to get mine in this year once I get back on the wagon too - are you goin to Nate's comp this weekend?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

It hasn't been going at all since I saw you in December unfortunately - I hit a wall so I paused bending cold turkey and have been working on deadlifting, squatting, grippers, and pinch to refresh myself a little and hopefully gain some more physical strength before resuming my steel bending journey - I feel bending is more about technique and force application than sheer strength, but a little more strength training couldn't hurt - I was also getting too worn down mentally and emotionally against my sworn enemies, the hexabastard and DOAB, so I had to take a break a regroup, which I think has worked - your DOAB cert a month and a half ago was awesome and I'd love to get mine in this year once I get back on the wagon too - are you goin to Nate's comp this weekend?

Good luck with the training.  Hopefully your back bending before long. I’m not going, wish I could. Good luck with the comp, should be lots of fun.

• Like 1

Thanks! was a great time - hopefully catch you at the next one

• Like 1