Two Millennium dumbbells

Alawadhi

Proud owner of not one but two Millennium dumbbell. One of them was owned by Steve Gardner @mobsterone and the other by Laine Snook. According to Steve his bell is the second out of 7 made. He is one of the two founders. This is also mentioned in @David Horne book gripopeadia. It was lifted many time by Steve himself and even Laine Snook. I believe Mark Henry gave it a good shot. Maybe even Ron Mazza. Laurence Shahlaei cleaned it using two hands and one hand pressed it. Other stories can be shared by others. The other belongs to Laine Snook. It is a exact replica made for him by the Holles. It weighs a KG or two more. Laine once double lifted his and Steve's once together in 2007 or 2008. The only person in the world to achieve this. Laine also has the best Inch clean video. Now it's in Dubai ooh yeah. @Jedd Johnson and Laine Snook were here few days back and gave it a good air (yesterday they left actually). Laine Snook gave it few reps. There are others who will say my word is my bond I lifted it or I saw someone do it, but...don't believe word is bond. I will train to lift them too. Laine showed me a good way to do it. I got air under my 68KG inch for the first time with my left hand. Good air and I didn't do that before when I was good at thick bar with my right (when I was training them). My best was lift one side of the Inch with my right hand. I am sure if I used Laine's method the inch would seen a good air back then. That;s what Laine told me too. But hey right hand isn't good for thick bars now. Will just get it done using left hand. @LAINE SNOOK told me you have few month so should do it :tongue Any tips along the way is appreciated. 

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

• Like 9

You claim Laine has the best inch clean video- can you provide link? Mark Henry has easy clean/press video and Mike Burke is on film TOYING with inch replica's and clean and pressed the inch replica easy with his LEFT hand!! Thanks

Edited by Kluv#0

14 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

You claim Laine has the best inch clean video- can you provide link? Mark Henry has easy clean/press video and Mike Burke is on film TOYING with inch replica's and clean and pressed the inch replica easy with his LEFT hand!! Thanks

Hmmm. the Inch Dumbbell is Child's Play compared to the Millennium Dumbbell. Not the same thing, not even close, 55-56 lbs. difference. To my knowledge, Mike Burke has never touched, seen, or heard of the Millennium Dumbbell. If so, whose was it? Kevin Bussi's? Steve Gardeners? John Wood's? They are rare.

Nice acquisitions Alawadhi!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Hmmm. the Inch Dumbbell is Child's Play compared to the Millennium Dumbbell. Not the same thing, not even close, 55-56 lbs. difference. To my knowledge, Mike Burke has never touched, seen, or heard of the Millennium Dumbbell. If so, whose was it? Kevin Bussi's? Steve Gardeners? John Wood's? They are rare.

Read my post again and Bader's - Bader claimed laine has the best INCH clean NOT millennium. I would not have posted anything about Henry or Burke  If I read/understood it as the Millennium DB. Regardless, incredible feat

Edited by Kluv#0

54 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

My word isn't bond. You have the right to ask that question. There are two videos. One is better than the other. Here is one and with his left hand too. But Laine is left handed to be fair. The bell never touches him. Mike Burke might be left handed too but in this video the belldid touch Mike side slightly. Not that it matter but then again Laine has the best clean of the Inch on video. 

25 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

The Inch is what he meant. And thanks!

23 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Read my post again and Bader's - Bader claimed laine has the best INCH clean NOT millennium. SMH -

Best on video while wearing a suit too! Link already provided. Then again, I never claim and always have proof. It's anyone's right to ask me. Plus it is the boards rules. The rules are generally for the lawbreakers not for the good people. But I assumed people have seen the video since it is famous and Laine is the only one in the world to fully double lift the millennium dumbbell legit.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Read my post again and Bader's - Bader claimed laine has the best INCH clean NOT millennium. I would not have posted anything about Henry or Burke  If I read/understood it as the Millennium DB. Regardless, incredible feat

You are right. Buried in there he mentioned an Inch clean by Laine, and I didn't even notice that.

Someone ought to put the two videos side-by-side. Of course, I have watched the Mark Henry one 157 times, and perhaps Laine's only a time or two. Henry's was awesome, there was a crowd that went crazy, and he capped it off with that fantastic jerk. Laine's was more of a private video feat. I honestly do not remember it that well, except it was impressive as hell.

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

There are two videos. One is better than the other. Here is one and with his left hand too. But Laine is left handed to be

Maybe the clean I saw of Laine was in a gym. This one has plenty of people present, although not the 150 or so that the AOBS Mark Henry 2002 had.

I used poor choice of word "claim" instead I should have used "mentioned". I never doubted that Laine  cleaned an inch DB on Video but the quality of the lift made me curious as you referred to it as the "best". That video was fantastic and Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Maybe the clean I saw of Laine was in a gym. This one has plenty of people present, although not the 150 or so that the AOBS Mark Henry 2002 had.

Hello All,

The clean I did wearing 'clothes' was at the O.H.F dinner in 2008, there were several hundred people at the event.  I feel the clean I did on video some years later (2012)  was a much better clean, using the same dumbbell as at the O.H.F dinner.  I will try to put a link up to that video.

I think that is a much easier clean than the one at the O.H.F dinner.

Laine

• Like 9

I was gonna add that Laine in a shirt and tie is indeed in front of a large crowd of well known Physical Culture fans. Indeed the UK OHF, as was (now defunct) was comparable to the US AOBS dinners. In fact we had people from both dinners attend each function.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mobsterone said:

I was gonna add that Laine in a shirt and tie is indeed in front of a large crowd of well known Physical Culture fans. Indeed the UK OHF, as was (now defunct) was comparable to the US AOBS dinners. In fact we had people from both dinners attend each function.

Curious. I am sure some "Iron History" folks can toss it out of the tops of their heads. When year did OHF stop? I am probably wrong, but once the Original Inch got shipped over to the Colonies, some of the magic seemed to have disappeared. 

On 2/15/2018 at 6:30 PM, Hubgeezer said:

The same one which Laine provided? The OHF had the same number of people which the AOBS has though.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:53 PM, Kluv#0 said:

I used poor choice of word "claim" instead I should have used "mentioned". I never doubted that Laine  cleaned an inch DB on Video but the quality of the lift made me curious as you referred to it as the "best". That video was fantastic and Thanks for sharing it.

Yeah the word mentioned was probably better :p And yes awesome clean it is. Welcome.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:56 PM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello All,

The clean I did wearing 'clothes' was at the O.H.F dinner in 2008, there were several hundred people at the event.  I feel the clean I did on video some years later (2012)  was a much better clean, using the same dumbbell as at the O.H.F dinner.  I will try to put a link up to that video.

Laine

Both of them didn't touch your body so both are excellent!

On 2/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, mobsterone said:

Yes indeed.

On 2/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, cemery said:

Bader, your collection is awesome ! Congrats !

Thanks!

On 2/17/2018 at 5:16 AM, benjaminBoy said:

I'm green with so much envy, amazing dumbbell collection. :rock

Thanks mate :rock 

On 2/17/2018 at 6:13 AM, Hubgeezer said:

Curious. I am sure some "Iron History" folks can toss it out of the tops of their heads. When year did OHF stop? I am probably wrong, but once the Original Inch got shipped over to the Colonies, some of the magic seemed to have disappeared. 

Hmmm I think people like  @LAINE SNOOK and Steve @mobsterone can answer that better. Maybe even David Horne

On 2/17/2018 at 4:04 PM, Wannagrip said:

Awesome and intimidating dumbbells!

:rock Thanks 

1 hour ago, Matthew Hunt said:

Look at that collection of awesomeness

:rock:mosher 

27 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Bader,

As far as i am concerned, your word is bond. You have been genuine over the years.

btw, i am jealous of that db collection! 😜

Is there anyone currently making millennium bell copies? 

Thanks a lot Tommy this means a lot. I don't lie and don't want to. But to make things clear and avoid mistakes of the old timers it is always better to have evidence. Talk is cheap. And thanks!

As for the millennium bell copies Steve can answer better as he is one of the two co founders but I understand the original mold is destroyed to avoid making more. So 7 of the originals are made. The one I bought from Steve is the second made out of 7. There are replica's like in Russia but they look way different. Kashtan owns it I believe. The closest I have seen is the one I bought from Laine Snook which Nathan Holle made exact replica of which looks identical and a twin brother. It is also known that Nathan Inch dumbbells replica are the best. 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:13 AM, Hubgeezer said:

I can't say as I know for sure. I think I attended 4 or 5. I was a guest of honor at one (Ambassador award for promoting Physical Culture via Muscle Mob). At a guess I'd say 2007.

Regarding the pattern (mould). Again I've no actual idea. For whatever reason Alan Radley and I lost touch some time ago.  I heard he went to the foundry and disposed of it. But who knows, maybe it's in an attic. We know that as well as the 7 original bells there's also a one off loadable version.

As far as copies are concerned I take the same view as I did years back - as long as they are clearly labelled as copies it's all good. I even had to pull up Glenn Ross after he called a lighter circus style dumbbell (90kg something) the Millennium dumbbell. They changed the name.

Edited by mobsterone

4 minutes ago, mobsterone said:

I can't say as I know for sure. I think I attended 4 or 5. I was a guest of honor at one (Ambassador award for promoting Physical Culture via Muscle Mob). At a guess I'd say 2007.

First time I went to AOBS was in 2005, and spoke to Dr. Ken "Leo" DaRosa (or something close to that). He mentioned he went to those dinners, and I got the feeling they were still kicking around at that time. Not sure how your name came up, but he said he had met you...

9 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

First time I went to AOBS was in 2005, and spoke to Dr. Ken "Leo" DaRosa (or something close to that). He mentioned he went to those dinners, and I got the feeling they were still kicking around at that time. Not sure how your name came up, but he said he had met you...

We did indeed meet. He's quite the story teller and, so I'm told, a concert standard piano player. Great guy

1 hour ago, mobsterone said:

We did indeed meet. He's quite the story teller and, so I'm told, a concert standard piano player. Great guy

Steve, not sure if you knew. He passed away in late 2013 or early 2014. Not much was known about him, except what he personally told you himself. A truly unique fellow. AOBS had a story on him after he died. It had nothing on date of birth, how he died, and basic information about him. It revolved around what we all know and saw. He really was an outstanding "Latin Jazz" piano player, like, one of the best ever, so they say. Have found some of his stuff on Youtube, very few "views", and a different sort genre. Oh his stories were great, as good as any I have heard. He once told me he would not share his age, not his ethnicity. It seems pretty obvious to me he had European, African, and Latin blood, but that is neither here nor there. The second year my son and I attended AOBS, he apparently spoke to my son until 3 am. My son was planning on marrying the woman he was with. But the time he got done talking with Dr. Ken, he was not interested in getting married, and they broke up shortly after that. Dr. Ken chuckled and giggled and nodded his head when your name was mentioned by the way...

On 2/15/2018 at 12:56 PM, LAINE SNOOK said:

Hello All,

Laine

You sir, are a beast!  Does my heart good to see someone that has travelled around the sun as many times as me, perform the incredible feats you do.  Gives this old boy hope.  :bow

Edited by Mike Rinderle

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You sir, are a beast!  Does my heart good to see someone that has travelled around the sun as many times as me, perform the incredible feats you do.  Gives this old boy hope.  :bow

But I'm only 27??????? - that's what grip training does to you, makes you look like you should be in a coffin!!! - thank you for your kind(?) words.

Laine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, LAINE SNOOK said:

But I'm only 27??????? - that's what grip training does to you, makes you look like you should be in a coffin!!! - thank you for your kind(?) words.

Laine

27?  You're older than I thought.  I'm only 20.  :D

• Haha 1