Custom Choker Grippers!

Cannon

One thing to consider, I believe many people choker train with too heavy of a gripper. If you can close a #2.5 but not yet a #3, I would recommend getting a #3. Not a #3.5. 

• Like 2

I bought the 3.5 chokered- I have never trained with a choke but have seen some great crushers employ it.  Nice job Aaron and Thanks Cannon Powerworks

• Like 3

Wow those went fast. Sold out of #4 already. Hopefully more get made soon!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cannon said:

One thing to consider, I believe many people choker train with too heavy of a gripper. If you can close a #2.5 but not yet a #3, I would recommend getting a #3. Not a #3.5. 

True the 3.5  is abit much for me  atm can deep set my 144# 3 on a good day but on the GM that was made he also added in set screws instead of pins to change the spring depth when need.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Wow those went fast. Sold out of #4 already. Hopefully more get made soon!

Hope so, sadly can't spend the money at the moment. Really cool product!

• Thanks 1

Okay, so these did go fast!  We are organizing a restock. I have to ask:

Any special requests?  GHPs for example. Or different levels? No promises but it will help us stock what the public wants. 

• Like 2

This is an old video but just wanted to show some additional options once you have a gripper with the eye hook on finger side handle like these chokered grippers have. Thanks everyone for awesome feedback and reception on these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNB1onAixV0&t=2s

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is one of my favorite all time training methods for advanced gripper work with a modified gripper. Just another option with these grippers.

• Like 6

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 7:22 PM, Cannon said:

Okay, so these did go fast!  We are organizing a restock. I have to ask:

Any special requests?  GHPs for example. Or different levels? No promises but it will help us stock what the public wants. 

I'd like to see GHPs as well. I will 100 % buy CoC with choker when there's a restock and enough money in my pocket, and a GHP would also be tempting.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, Anemptybox said:

I'd like to see GHPs as well. I will 100 % buy CoC with choker when there's a restock and enough money in my pocket, and a GHP would also be tempting.

noted.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cannon said:

noted.

Will these be made again once out of stock? 

22 hours ago, Rudy said:

I need lower levels,  like coc 1 or 1.5

I would buy them if those are available next time.

This didn't make it into this run, but don't worry, we can do that in the future.  

21 hours ago, aaronb41 said:

I will/want to buy a 3.5 and 4 the next time.

There are officially more in the works!

• Like 3

I just put this into position this A.M. - I cannot believe how easy it was to screw the wingnut into the desired width- well-done

5a9c0125936e5_COC3.5.jpg.7e7ace36b5e6f49ec1ff387a6cae4029.jpg

• Like 4

I'm closing lighter 3s with a fairly wide set (probably close to cc set) and would like to work toward certing the 3; so I am pretty sure I should get a 3.5, right?  I am definitely up for ordering next time you restock!  Would even prepay to guarantee mine if you wanted!

On 3/4/2018 at 9:49 AM, Vinnie said:

I'm closing lighter 3s with a fairly wide set (probably close to cc set) and would like to work toward certing the 3; so I am pretty sure I should get a 3.5, right?  I am definitely up for ordering next time you restock!  Would even prepay to guarantee mine if you wanted!

Yeah if you’re regularly closing a 3, you COULD be okay with a 3.5. I say COULD because everyone is different. Not even at my peak (closing 164 MM2 replica) could I close a 3.5 in a choker. But in general I never gained a lot in a choker.  Remember these are not for negatives really. You want to do reps and sets on the gripper.  Or do things like Aaron showed where you can close the gripper and use the eyelet to tie it off to your workbench or whatever and pull back on the finger handle so the resistance effectively INCREASES while your hand is closed.  I would err on the side of accidentally going down instead of up, personally. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2018 at 5:13 PM, Cannon said:

We have a new product which is a collaboration with grip legend and mad scientist @acorn.  Quantities are limited so do not wait if you want one of these bad boys.  

https://cannonpowerworks.com/collections/rating-service/products/custom-choker-grip-strength

Custom Choker GripperDetail1_1024x1024.png?v=1518646476

What will it take to get one of these made? 

What is the best way to train with these?