Jump to content
Hubgeezer

$44.44 Reward-Prize Offer

Recommended Posts

Hubgeezer

The toughest of the IronMind "new rules" ever made was in March, 2004, aka "The Credit Card Rule" for Certification.

How many have Certified on the Number 4 gripper since that rule was passed? 

The answer is Zero, Zip, Nadda...

Yep, 14 years next month, and there has not been a single Number 4 Certified Captain of Crush. It must be because there is no "financial incentive" for doing so. Until now. :cool

I am willing to pay to whoever Certifies on the Number 4 Gripper per the IronMind rules, the sum of $44.44(:tongue ) assuming that this is done within one year from today. If you ask "Why $44.44?", then, I guess you can say you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Now, I am sure that the huge sum of $44.44 is not a major "financial incentive" for someone like Mark Shaw, or Mark Henry, or fill in the blank...BUT, I am expecting for others to be inspired to contribute to this fund. If you cannot afford $44.44, how about $4.44? And, if you don't want to add to the fund, just tell your almost-closing-the-Number 4- associates about this outstanding opportunity.

All kidding aside, I think I remember Richard Sorin, maybe 7 or 8 years ago, offering $1,000 for a woman to Certify on the Number 3. If my memory is correct, it had a one year time limit.  I said I would add $100 to the pot. David Horne later mentioned they were thinking about it for "the $1,100". 

I have not mentioned this to RJ Strossen. He will probably think it's a dumb idea. But I am not opposed to asking him to match whatever this thread yields, and if we get $444.44 raised, I will, with a straight face, ask him. I would appreciate none of you ratting me out to him on this idea, even if the chances of that are low. 

Go Fund Me Number 4 Certification

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

$44.44?.........time to stop sandbagging 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HandsMcHanderson

I'd throw in $100 (It's not a ton but hey take into account the fact I have to convert at whatever Canadian pasos are trading at if it happens, that could be near $150 CAD)

. With so many guys working narrower sets it would be cool to see more attempts at CCSing the big grippers. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
10 hours ago, HandsMcHanderson said:

I'd throw in $100 (It's not a ton but hey take into account the fact I have to convert at whatever Canadian pasos are trading at if it happens, that could be near $150 CAD)

. With so many guys working narrower sets it would be cool to see more attempts at CCSing the big grippers. 

Okay, the pot is up to $144.44!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

$50 from Arm Assassin Strength Shop

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
5 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

$50 from Arm Assassin Strength Shop

That's great. It is now $199.44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

my OCD really wants to chip in $.56 but I'm too cheap. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer

No, no it always need to have at least a couple of “4’s” in it. If you do that I will OCD you with 44 cent tosses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
5 hours ago, Chez said:

my OCD really wants to chip in $.56 but I'm too cheap. 

Dude.  We don't use the "C" word. Lol

I'll throw in $245.00 if this happens in a year...or whatever makes it...$444.44. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
10 hours ago, anwnate said:

Dude.  We don't use the "C" word. Lol

I'll throw in $245.00 if this happens in a year...or whatever makes it...$444.44. :)

Hmmm. On the one hand, very generous. On the other hand, we'll need to make an appeal to "Assist Nate" so he does not carry so much of the financial burden. You know, sense of fairness and all.  Thanks. We'll see what happens here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crushonomics

$50 from me and $50 on behalf of a student organization I advise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
2 hours ago, crushonomics said:

$50 from me and $50 on behalf of a student organization I advise. 

I am sure that Nate thanks you. Thanks from me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.

I am willing to donate $250, but with a small stipulation.. im well aware of how daunting a task a #4 cert already is under current cert rules, and have no business making It any more difficult. but, i will only donate $250 in the event the cert is done with a clear, detailed, uncut video of the whole cert. a good vid. Doesnt have to be 10,000 hd or anything, but i would like to see it come out of a sealed package from Ironmind, never leave frame, and clearly show the #4 on bottom and the set and close.

Im certain that the first #4 ccs cert is worth having a competent camera man or woman on scene. Consider it a small request. It will make a #4 cert that much sweeter.

i look at it like im paying $250 to get to see it done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
7 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I am willing to donate $250, but with a small stipulation.. im well aware of how daunting a task a #4 cert already is under current cert rules, and have no business making It any more difficult. but, i will only donate $250 in the event the cert is done with a clear, detailed, uncut video of the whole cert. a good vid. Doesnt have to be 10,000 hd or anything, but i would like to see it come out of a sealed package from Ironmind, never leave frame, and clearly show the #4 on bottom and the set and close.

Im certain that the first #4 ccs cert is worth having a competent camera man or woman on scene. Consider it a small request. It will make a #4 cert that much sweeter.

i look at it like im paying $250 to get to see it done.

Tommy, I could see someone "stealing" this idea and hiring a professional film crew and co-partnering to produce a video. But that works too, as then you would not have to pay $250. But what I like most about your post is that tells you just how much guys WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. How many times have we thought "this is the year"? At the first Fit Expo grip contest in LA in 2011, I was shooting the bull with Terry Todd about "grip". He and another fellow were checking out the contest prior to their producing a Mighty Mitts contest at the next Arnold. He was talking about Mark Henry. Terry Todd "discovered" Mark Henry, guided him, even managed his career at one point. I said something like "If Mark Henry wanted to really go down in history, he ought to Certify on the Number 4 under the new rules. No one has ever done that". Terry Todd is a very sophisticated, intelligent man who has been kicking around the Iron Game for more than 50 years. He has seen it all. You should have seen him flinch, his eyes, etc. I was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN Mark Henry would do it in a year or so. I do not believe I ever shared that in writing, and if I shared it in person, it was only one or two people. Maybe Henry did not want to bother. Maybe I read Dr. Todd incorrectly. But...certifying on the 4 is probably more difficult that becoming President of the United States. How many "qualified" people have given that a shot? Yet, every four years, someone pulls it off. We are looking at 14 years, and nobody has pulled this off.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
9 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Tommy, I could see someone "stealing" this idea and hiring a professional film crew and co-partnering to produce a video. But that works too, as then you would not have to pay $250. But what I like most about your post is that tells you just how much guys WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. How many times have we thought "this is the year"? At the first Fit Expo grip contest in LA in 2011, I was shooting the bull with Terry Todd about "grip". He and another fellow were checking out the contest prior to their producing a Mighty Mitts contest at the next Arnold. He was talking about Mark Henry. Terry Todd "discovered" Mark Henry, guided him, even managed his career at one point. I said something like "If Mark Henry wanted to really go down in history, he ought to Certify on the Number 4 under the new rules. No one has ever done that". Terry Todd is a very sophisticated, intelligent man who has been kicking around the Iron Game for more than 50 years. He has seen it all. You should have seen him flinch, his eyes, etc. I was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN Mark Henry would do it in a year or so. I do not believe I ever shared that in writing, and if I shared it in person, it was only one or two people. Maybe Henry did not want to bother. Maybe I read Dr. Todd incorrectly. But...certifying on the 4 is probably more difficult that becoming President of the United States. How many "qualified" people have given that a shot? Yet, every four years, someone pulls it off. We are looking at 14 years, and nobody has pulled this off.

Very well said. And yes presidency is probably easier to attain! Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
14 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Very well said. And yes presidency is probably easier to attain! Ha!

The actor who plays the older man in this scene from House of Cards died in the last week, His quick lecture to his grandson after meeting the US President:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

You guys should chase down Joe Kinney.  Right after he squats 880 for 50 reps, but before he takes his morning constitutional; he's probably still good for a #4 CCS.  I mean, his close was way wider than ccs.  He's obviously much stronger than all the monsters that have failed in the quest over the last 14 years.  :blink

 

John Wood could probably find him, unless Kim is busy filming him cleaning the Millennium dumbell again...

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy J.

While it may seem as though we are trolling a bit with the offer, i am serious about the $250 incentive for someone to follow through. 

Most of us are well aware that there are professional strength athletes that do stand a good chance if they so chose to pursue it. Im just hoping this offer gets out to some of those guys. If we can gather up $1000 or more i would bank on, at minumum, 1 or more of the 400lb freaks of nature giving training an honest go for it. 

Because quite honestly, if i were a pro athlete making $100's of k's a year, i wouldnt even entertain doing a feat of strength that didnt pay anything. Why risk a possible setback injury (that could potentially lead to hindering my main income) for a free feat of strenth for some status quo? Even if it was only a seemingly small risk.

it sort of falls in the same niche as why you dont see guys like Brian Shaw or the mountain going to arm wrestling tournaments. The risk/reward ratio is too uneven since arm wrestling doesnt pay enough for a top strength athlete to risk a possible injury over a 3rd or 4th place finish. That dont pay well.

when we all know if they made a dedicated effort to train arm wrestling for any extended period of time, they would certainly accel at it. Because if a 220lb guy can gain enough strength over time to be the best, it would be foolish to think a 400lb 7' tall strongman doesnt possess even more strength ability than a 220lb guy to dominate the sport.

 

so, im on board that the only way we are gonna see it happen at this point is to pay somebody to do it.

 

money talks, bullshit walks.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×