2 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Christ almighty:ohmy

You being wrist man has big knowledge of how difficult this is. Thanks Buddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joseph Sullivan
14 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

You being wrist man has big knowledge of how difficult this is. Thanks Buddy

Awesome display of wrist strength Michael! I like doing these with 2 hammers. It’s a great way to recruit the whole body. AWESOME JOB! 

Edited by Joseph Sullivan
  • Like 1

Kluv#0
42 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome display of wrist strength Michael! I like doing these with 2 hammers. It’s a great way to recruit the whole body. AWESOME JOB! 

Thanks Joe, I might try that someday. I tried the crucifix sledges yesterday for first time and that was kinda a debacle, LOL

Kluv#0

Received the Jedd Johnson Autograph Pickaxe April 7th 2017 after using a pink one( I didn't make it, LOL) for 6weeks. I was around 16 .5 lbs first try

REAR PICKAXE PR.png

JJ Autograph Pickaxe.png

Joseph Sullivan
12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Joe, I might try that someday. I tried the crucifix sledges yesterday for first time and that was kinda a debacle, LOL

Oh man would LOVE to see the footage!

riccardomagni

Great lift!

• Like 1

Gingernaut25

sooooo the pick axe lever device is like a loadable sledge, using a pick axe hanlde with a bar through it? I've been wanting to make one thats within comp standards.

also,  more importantly, thats GNARLY strength man!

• Like 1

Kluv#0
14 minutes ago, Gingernaut25 said:

sooooo the pick axe lever device is like a loadable sledge, using a pick axe hanlde with a bar through it? I've been wanting to make one thats within comp standards.

also,  more importantly, thats GNARLY strength man!

Thanks, out of all my training lifts that I have done this is by far the hardest and my best lift ever. Fun lift and genius pickaxe. David Horne, who is miles(24lbs) the best at this lift in the world, has a great video on the exact specifications for the pickaxe. You have the strength and size to excel at this lift no doubt!

• Like 1

Kluv#0
34 minutes ago, riccardomagni said:

Great lift!

Thanks Riccardo, as you know this lift was a lot of hard training over the last 10 months- very proud and felt like I had more in the wrist tank:)

WestSlope

Wow! I don't train this lift, but maybe I should. I TRIED to pick my 12# sledge this morning.:(

Mike do you think this has carryover to other lifts?

Joseph Sullivan
16 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Wow! I don't train this lift, but maybe I should. I TRIED to pick my 12# sledge this morning.:(

Has carryover to everything Grip related. Wrist is king!

• Like 1

Kluv#0
23 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

For me anyway, it has a strange carryover to the 2 hands key pinch- as It forces me to  train all sides of the wrist equally. Ulnar gets worked over just as much as radial  and is an underrated part of that lift. Iam sure if someone was a steel bender it may help but I do it because of strength  balance in wrist region.

Edited by Kluv#0

Kluv#0
2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Has carryover to everything Grip related. Wrist is king!

I read from a legend of grip when first starting out - wrist strength is the moat of hand strength. One thing ALL great gripsters have is crazy wrist strength- that was easy to figure out after doing some research and watching vids/records starting out.

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
30 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I read from a legend of grip when first starting out - wrist strength is the moat of hand strength. One thing ALL great gripsters have is crazy wrist strength- that was easy to figure out after doing some research and watching vids/records starting out.

If you have wrist you have base for all things grip

• Like 1

Climber028
29 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I had read that a lot but it never clicked until I went to Gripmas and literally couldn't do any of the hammer feats that everybody else had no trouble with. This is a ridiculous lift, I'm having trouble with a 6lb even choked a little. 

• Like 2

Joseph Sullivan
40 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I had read that a lot but it never clicked until I went to Gripmas and literally couldn't do any of the hammer feats that everybody else had no trouble with. This is a ridiculous lift, I'm having trouble with a 6lb even choked a little. 

People don’t realize the respect the hammers deserve until they are humbled by a 6 pounder. The wrist is the link that connects the hands to the forearms... if that is weak then your potential for grip is phenomenally reduced! WORK THEN HARD!

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

People don’t realize the respect the hammers deserve until they are humbled by a 6 pounder. The wrist is the link that connects the hands to the forearms... if that is weak then your potential for grip is phenomenally reduced! WORK THEN HARD!

I’m gonna go in my garage now and try 2 16s.... BRB

• Like 1

Kluv#0
44 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

You are just starting out so keep a journal and run your race. Experience is by far the biggest edge most gripsters have!

• Like 1

Kluv#0
8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I agree 100%! Hammers play zero favorites- either you have the goods or not. You can outwork and be tougher than many with hammers

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 1

Kluv#0
48 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

If you have wrist you have base for all things grip

grip Confucius!

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

Here’s one for ya Mikey.....had a hard workout this morning.... but all this talk about rear hammer chokes had the double 16s taunting me in the garage to come out and tame them!

how did I do? Most I’ve tried in this fashion is 12s. 

• Like 2

Kluv#0
22 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here’s one for ya Mikey.....had a hard workout this morning.... but all this talk about rear hammer chokes had the double 16s taunting me in the garage to come out and tame them!

how did I do? Most I’ve tried in this fashion is 12s. 

Fantastic and ferocious! Well-done BIG BAAD Joe Sullivan:)

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Fantastic and ferocious! Well-done BIG BAAD Joe Sullivan:)

What would you call this? Double rear sledge choke?