Jlark27

Grade 8 bolt strength variances

Jlark27
11 hours ago, Martin Gaisser said:

The rice digs probably help more with your crushing type grip.  With talking to the best benders over the years about the only exercise good for bending is bending.  I’m not sure about toughening up your skin.  My hands were already petty tough when I tried them.  The pain aspect should start getting better within 4-6 weeks.  That’s about the time most people say it takes for the thumb pain to go away when starting to use the hook grip in Olympic lifting.  Which part of your hands are you getting the discomfort in?

Well it started with my fingers. Opening up almost every time I trained. Then once my fingers toughened up my right palm started hurting. Like a deep bruised feeling. I'm almost positive its because I mainly use my right hand on the crush which is something ive been trying to even out between both hands. My left hand just doesn't feel as powerful as my right. I may need to wait until the pain is almost gone before my next bend.

Jlark27
7 hours ago, bencrush said:

Thanks Ben. Two years of strait training for one bend is real dedication. After you certed the Fantastic Bastard, what was next on your list? I think 5" is the shorest I've bent and that was hot rolled steel! 

I know that the longest grade 5 from fbbc is 7". I'm guessing I could probably find one from fastenal or elsewhere online. But then again, once I hit 8" its hard for my hands to position and find my power. Maybe I can get an 8 1/2" ans cut off the thread down to 7 1/2"

As for the bar being pinned to my neck, I always start there but it does seem to move once I begin the kink. Ive been watching my videos and trying to see what my form was like when I accomplished some of my better bends.

Thanks for the info.