What grip feat impresses you the most?

14 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I thought you meant neurological problems as problems in the brain, that's why I got curious :)

Yes steel is harder than flesh and bones (unless your name is Pat Povialitis :D ) so it can seriously hurt you. But overloading with grippers and gripper machines can also cause nerve damage. It all depends on how you train. That's why I always tell beginners to not do negatives with grippers, it's very risky.

Neurological problems are anything stemming from nerves which are all controlled by the brain. All neurological problems are brain related.... because the signals come from the brain. The compression and damage to the nerves we are discussing  comes from a mechanical problem and not a typical brain injury you were thinking of like a  TBI. When a nerve is compressed it is like taking an electrical cord and kinking it off so as to not allow the electricity to flow to the machine to work properly. Our impulses from our brains to make our hands... for example.... produce the most force output is hindered. I automatically assumed most people knew what I meant when I said neurological injury. I will explain what I mean more next time to prevent the confusion. Sorry fellas.☺️ .... and yes grippers also have that affect if not treated right.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Neurological problems are anything stemming from nerves which are all controlled by the brain. All neurological problems are brain related.... because the signals come from the brain. The compression and damage to the nerves we are discussing  comes from a mechanical problem and not a typical brain injury you were thinking of like a  TBI. When a nerve is compressed it is like taking an electrical cord and kinking it off so as to not allow the electricity to flow to the machine to work properly. Our impulses from our brains to make our hands... for example.... produce the most force output is hindered. I automatically assumed most people new what I meant when I said neurological injury. I will explain what I mean more next time to prevent the confusion. Sorry fellas.☺️

I know what you're writing about. Nerve damage is more clear to write because that's whats happening when you get injured like that. "Neurological problems" can be just about anything that affects your brain.

I have mTBI. My arm nerve damage is unrelated to my head injury. Its both a curse and blessing when it comes to grip and bending. 

I have processing issues which hampers reflexes and makes gaming kinda crappy. So i guess pro boxing is out of the question :blink

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I know what you're writing about. Nerve damage is more clear to write because that's whats happening when you get injured like that. "Neurological problems" can be just about anything that affects your brain.

I’m used to saying it that way because I am a PTA. Haha.... so used to saying things like that in my patients progress notes.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:40 PM, Martin Gaisser said:

This here blows my mind and not because of the fact I've never been able to DU anything but somewhat.  LOL  I'm pretty sure Ben did it too but here's a video of Mike doing it.  Hope its ok me posting this Mike.  That right there is a buttload of hand and wrist strength!!!  Overall strength as well.   :bow

While this is extremely amazing and no one at his time (even now) did it. But I would like to point out those batches of bastards were extremely easier comparing to the tougher ones we were bending (2005/2006) before that batch. The normal ones used to be calibrated at 460 by Eric and the easy batch was 375. Way different. But then again this was extremely hard and no one came close even with those batch around.

As for the topic. I would like to see a 150 pounds york blob lift. The funny thing is that Laine Snook asked me this yesterday. Brian Shaw easily did a 145 pounds york legacy. I am pretty sure the 150 would be lifted by him.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 8:50 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I originally started this forum. And not for nothing man.... people spin off into other things related to the subject. If you don’t like it then that’s your prerogative. But your sarcasm and condescending attitude is ...

Joseph, you meant "thread" above, right, not "forum"? Everyone else must have understood what you meant, but I didn't until I thought about it a little. 

2 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Joseph, you meant "thread" above, right, not "forum"? Everyone else must have understood what you meant, but I didn't until I thought about it a little. 

Yes thread

16 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

While this is extremely amazing and no one at his time (even now) did it. But I would like to point out those batches of bastards were extremely easier comparing to the tougher ones we were bending (2005/2006) before that batch. The normal ones used to be calibrated at 460 by Eric and the easy batch was 375. Way different. But then again this was extremely hard and no one came close even with those batch around.

As for the topic. I would like to see a 150 pounds york blob lift. The funny thing is that Laine Snook asked me this yesterday. Brian Shaw easily did a 145 pounds york legacy. I am pretty sure the 150 would be lifted by him.

Im willing to wager if he gave a crap, not even those would stop him..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Closing the COC 4.   Any type of bending,  Thick dumbbell cleans,  Finger lifts are all great...

This is great too

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JasonL said:

Closing the COC 4.   Any type of bending,  Thick dumbbell cleans,  Finger lifts are all great...

This is great too

Wow thats impressive! Who is that? 

On 3/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Wow thats impressive! Who is that? 

He is the only one in the world to lift the blob with one finger and a thumb.

Timo definitely has some feats that are out of this world...what ever happened to him? Does he still do anything strength related?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Timo definitely has some feats that are out of this world...what ever happened to him? Does he still do anything strength related?

Yes he's an animal. I believe he has done the heaviest one hand chin-up with the rolling thunder as well.

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Yes he posts on his YouTube from time to time and does grip.