What grip feat impresses you the most?

13 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That alone right there is enough for me to stay away from bending. I enjoy to many other Grip related things then to have it ruined by one  move. I would be just the guy to have that same thing happen. 

I'm totally with you man, longevity and pain free joints are my top priority. 

8 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That alone right there is enough for me to stay away from bending. I enjoy to many other Grip related things then to have it ruined by one  move. I would be just the guy to have that same thing happen. 

A Grade 8 bolt is a very tough bolt to bend with reverse style. 

I really don't see how reverse bending would be more risky than other grip exercises to be honest. You could tear your bicep on one arm deadlifts, dislocate your knuckles with grippers or hurt your back and legs with the 2H axle. All exercises are risky if you're near or above your limit. 

Another great thing with reverse bending is that you can use the wrist developer to train. That will make training much easier. I don't know how it is with other bending styles because I have never tried those but I think reverse bending is as safe (or risky) as pretty much any other grip exercise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

A Grade 8 bolt is a very tough bolt to bend with reverse style. 

I really don't see how reverse bending would be more risky than other grip exercises to be honest. You could tear your bicep on one arm deadlifts, dislocate your knuckles with grippers or hurt your back and legs with the 2H axle. All exercises are risky if you're near or above your limit. 

Another great thing with reverse bending is that you can use the wrist developer to train. That will make training much easier. I don't know how it is with other bending styles because I have never tried those but I think reverse bending is as safe (or risky) as pretty much any other grip exercise.

Agreed. People are making bending out to be the big bad wolf, when in reality people have had just much problems with regular training.

Theres risk in any type of training. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KapMan said:

Agreed. People are making bending out to be the big bad wolf, when in reality people have had just much problems with regular training.

Theres risk in any type of training. 

From what I’ve seen people have claimed  neurological damage from bending at an increased rate or the possibility of it  from bending. Of course there is risk with anything.... but bending seems to be increasingly more than anything else Grip related. Esepecially already having had back and neck fusions and some thoracic outlet syndrome.... I choose to avoid it. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Durrs said:

Are you saying bending is not a grip feat?

Evidently its not impressive enough to be mentioned on a “grip” board with “grip” guys. 

Edited by KapMan

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

From what I’ve seen people have claimed  neurological damage from bending at an increased rate or the possibility of it  from bending. Of course there is risk with anything.... but bending seems to be increasingly more than anything else Grip related. Esepecially already having had back and neck fusions and some thoracic outlet syndrome.... I choose to avoid it. 

From what ive seen people complain anyways, muh back, muh elbow, muh wrists, muh skin. 

Pot meet kettle.. 

Its amazing how this post turned into a pseudo lynching of bending. Lots of amazing impressive feats to mention. Yet this is what it turned into..

This place ridiculous.. 

Edited by KapMan

On 2/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, KapMan said:

From what ive seen people complain anyways, muh back, muh elbow, muh wrists, muh skin. 

Pot meet kettle.. 

Its amazing how this post turned into a pseudo lynching of bending. Lots of amazing impressive feats to mention. Yet this is what it turned into..

This place ridiculous.. 

I originally started this thread. And not for nothing man.... people spin off into other things related to the subject. If you don’t like it then that’s your prerogative. But your sarcasm and condescending attitude is definitely more counterproductive than your issue with the spinoff. God bless you for not having an injury or not having been injured from bending. You seem to have issues with what people discuss or don’t discuss on  forums. Can’t tell if you’re being lighthearted or are just being a troll... either way... it’s not flattering in any sense of the word for you to make light of  or a joke of anyone’s injuries or what they choose to discuss in regards to a subject that’s related. And what was meant by your “ pot meet kettle comment my man”?  A lynching of bending???I have been interested in getting into bending but was discussing on whether it was worth it or not.... thanks for your concern... or lack of.....for others injuries. “This place is ridiculous” How so? That’s what these forums are for! To discuss grip and anything grip related... injuries or possibility of injuries included. Sorry to ruin your day!

Edited by Guest

Would a good, clean close of a fresh GHP 10 out of the package top the massive blob lifts? What would be better than closing a gripper like that?

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Have you ever heard anyone claim nerve damage from using heavy grippers? What made you have to get spinal fusions?

Speaking about injuries, how many thousands (or maybe millions) of people do you think have been hurt by doing classic deadlifts? :D

I never heard anything about neurological damage from bending. @Joseph Sullivan what is the source for this claim? I'm interested.

Nerve damage in the hands, yes that possible, so is it with grippers, or even from sledge hammer levering I would say from my own experience (I hate the oval handles on those).

• Like 1

Who said i didnt care about others injuries? This is grip not yoga, so you dont need to reach. I have nerve damage in both arms from combat as well as a slue of other aliments.. that shut down most of my training.  The point was you can hurt yourself doing grippers just as much as you can doing a bend. 

Edited by KapMan

7 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Would a good, clean close of a fresh GHP 10 out of the package top the massive blob lifts? What would be better than closing a gripper like that?

Nothing would be better because it has never been done before. I don't see it happening anytime soon. There's only one man on level 8 on the MM-ladder. Maybe 30-40 people have closed a COC#4, as far as I know of. All those grippers are significantly easier than a GHP10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nothing would be better because it has never been done before. I don't see it happening anytime soon. There's only one man on level 8 on the MM-ladder. Maybe 30-40 people have closed a COC#4, as far as I know of. All those grippers are significantly easier than a GHP10.

If anyone can do it my money is on chez and morgan. But I think you are right. GHPs are rough. 

Ghp 10 close would definatly be amazing!

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I originally started this forum. And not for nothing man.... people spin off into other things related to the subject. If you don’t like it then that’s your prerogative. But your sarcasm and condescending attitude is definitely more counterproductive than your issue with the spinoff. God bless you for not having an injury or not having been injured from bending. You seem to have issues with what people discuss or don’t discuss on  forums. Can’t tell if you’re being lighthearted or are just being a troll... either way... it’s not flattering in any sense of the word for you to make light of  or a joke of anyone’s injuries or what they choose to discuss in regards to a subject that’s related. And what was meant by your “ pot meet kettle comment my man”?  A lynching of bending???I have been interested in getting into bending but was discussing on whether it was worth it or not.... thanks for your concern... or lack of.....for others injuries. “This place is ridiculous” How so? That’s what these forums are for! To discuss grip and anything grip related... injuries or possibility of injuries included. Sorry to ruin your day!

Pot calling the kettle black;

An expression that is said when one accuses another person of that which they are equally guilty of.

Bending is rough for sure and comes with its own risk of injury. But making look like  you’ll die or somehow gripsport is “safer” is naive. 

Edited by KapMan

15 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Whats counter productive is the total deviation from the topic to what ended up degrating into shitposting about bending. The topic was great idea but quickly shifted into something as typical of this forum. 

Who said i didnt care about others injuries? This is grip not yoga, so you dont need to reach. I have nerve damage in both arms from combat as well as a slue of other aliments.. that shut down most of my training.  The point was you can hurt yourself doing grippers just as much as you can doing a bend. 

I dont see any bending guys coming in here down playing feats that anyone else thought was impressive. Thats what frosted my balls. 

Who the heck is downplaying bending!!?? I don’t think one person on here downplayed bending in any way shape or form. Some have expressed their concerns of themselves bending..... but not one person, I don’t believe, downplayed anyone’s feats in any way.

21 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Have you ever heard anyone claim nerve damage from using heavy grippers? What made you have to get spinal fusions?

I believe it was a combination of deadlifting over 700 pounds for years and running 5 miles a day for my job at over 250. The pounding over time. I didn’t have an accident where I hurt my back acutely... it was little by little over the course of time that I started having neurological symptoms on my lower body and arms requiring L4 L5 fusion and C5 C6.  Didn’t lift from 2005 to 2015 outside push ups and pull ups until I found Grip. Grip doesn’t put nearly as much stress on the body secondary to not pulllinf with maximum loads. Have no problems with it at all. I thank God that I found Grip and have a way to compete against myself and others. 

As far as grippers and neuro problems? Of course it’s possible... especially if you jump to another gripper too fast. I did this and had very sharp nerve electric shocks in my palm. Laid off and it went away. If I was foolish and continued to push too hard it may have gotten worse. You have to listen to your body and take care of it. We only get one.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Pot calling the kettle black;

An expression that is said when one accuses another person of that which they are equally guilty of.

Know what I means my man.... just would like to know whom you were referring to.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Who the heck is downplaying bending!!?? I don’t think one person on here downplayed bending in any way shape or form. Some have expressed their concerns of themselves bending..... but not one person, I don’t believe, downplayed anyone’s feats in any way.

I believe it was a combination of deadlifting over 700 pounds for years and running 5 miles a day at over 250. The pounding over time. I didn’t have an accident where I hurt my back acutely... it was little by little over the course of time that I started having neurological symptoms on my lower body and arms requiring L4 L5 fusion and C5 C6.  Didn’t lift from 2005 to 2015 outside push ups and pull ups until I found Grip. Grip doesn’t put nearly as much stress on the body secondary to not pulllinf with maximum loads. Have no problems with it at all. I thank God that I found Grip and have a way to compete against myself and others. 

As far as grippers and neuro problems? Of course it’s possible... especially if you jump to another gripper too fast. I did this and had very sharp nerve electric shocks in my palm. Laid off and it went away. If I was foolish and continued to push too hard it may have gotten worse. You have to listen to your body and take care of it. We only get one.

You quoted my unedited post. I edited to retract some statements

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Speaking about injuries, how many thousands (or maybe millions) of people do you think have been hurt by doing classic deadlifts? :D

I never heard anything about neurological damage from bending. @Joseph Sullivan what is the source for this claim? I'm interested.

Nerve damage in the hands, yes that possible, so is it with grippers, or even from sledge hammer levering I would say from my own experience (I hate the oval handles on those).

@Fist of FuryThe possibility of nerve damage and imbalances was brought up to me by Jedd... especially since he knows that I have left hand weakness due to nerve compression in my thoracic outlet.

25 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

@Fist of FuryThe possibility of nerve damage and imbalances was brought up to me by Jedd... especially since he knows that I have left hand weakness due to nerve compression in my thoracic outlet.

I get it you meant nerve damage. I'm with you now.

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I get it you meant nerve damage. I'm with you now.

Yes nerve. I didn’t mean joints. That’s with any heavy training. Nerve is the problem I know all to well.

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes nerve. I didn’t mean joints. That’s with any heavy training. Nerve is the problem I know all to well.

I thought you meant neurological problems as problems in the brain, that's why I got curious :)

Yes steel is harder than flesh and bones (unless your name is Pat Povilaitis :D ) so it can seriously hurt you. But overloading with grippers and gripper machines can also cause nerve damage. It all depends on how you train. That's why I always tell beginners to not do negatives with grippers, it's very risky.