RT THUMBLESS 204.3lbs

Kluv#0

I was excited to pull this today but found out later 80% of gripsters can do this. I still will share a PR of mine

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was excited to pull this today but found out later 80% of gripsters can do this. I still will share a PR of mine

That’s huge mike! Congrats! Have you done the CDT challenge? I’m sure you’d CRUSH IT!

80%? Not sure where that number came from but I doubt that many can do it. 200+ on the RT thumbless or not is great! Great job. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s huge mike! Congrats! Have you done the CDT challenge? I’m sure you’d CRUSH IT!

I was going to do it in Mid- December at end of contest but the event last 6 hours and I was dead tired and wife wanted to leave ASAP. Only a matter of time - most likely next month contest in Vancouver, Wa where I will only be doing judging- look forward to seeing some good guys.

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

80%? Not sure where that number came from but I doubt that many can do it. 200+ on the RT thumbless or not is great! Great job. 

Thanks, I was having fun with a certain % from last week's post:)

33 minutes ago, Chez said:

I agree... would probably think it’s closer to 90% or more.😉

Edited by Guest

I bet its more like 10 % or less! . Great lift!

Edited by cemery
  • Like 1

Great lift Mike...200+ on RT thumbed or thumbless are good numbers for anyone. CTD will be a cake walk for ya!!

• Like 2

How does your RT numbers with regular grip compare to the 2" crusher? 

43 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

What can you get on there with thumbs? Probably more?

12 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Great lift Mike...200+ on RT thumbed or thumbless are good numbers for anyone. CTD will be a cake walk for ya!!

Thanks Luke, I might struggle with the hub part of the challenge:)

21 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

How does your RT numbers with regular grip compare to the 2" crusher? 

I have not done regular grip RT since mid- Dec so it is hard to say -  Iam healthier as I can get with my low back and Iam stronger now. Guesstimate maybe 20-25lbs(prior experience) higher on 2" crusher- Obviously 2" handle better suited for me but also RT being a lockout lift Iam always a tad hesitant to go all out on the lift vs. a crusher lift or trilobite which I have no fear of my low back getting jacked up.

Edited by Kluv#0

12 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What can you get on there with thumbs? Probably more?

Feb. is entirely thumbless month so I wont know for sure until next month. My 2.5" crusher and crusher thumbless tracked almost lb for lb equally

Edited by Kluv#0

13 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Feb. is entirely thumbless month so I wont know for sure until next month. My 2.5" crusher and crusher thumbless tracked almost lb for lb equally

Really? Wow? I tried thumbless once and it’s nowhere near what I can get with thumbs. I’m gonna mix in thumbless as per Luke’s recommendation to try and up my thick bar.

Very strong lift!

You should do the CTD, the hub will be super easy for you, if you can't do it immediately you'll probably get it done in one or two sessions, it's the easiest part of the challenge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Very strong lift!

You should do the CTD, the hub will be super easy for you, if you can't do it immediately you'll probably get it done in one or two sessions, it's the easiest part of the challenge.

Thanks, I was kidding about the hub

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks, I was kidding about the hub

I knew you were joking...I thought you were in the 70-80lb range on hub

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Very strong lift!

That’s what I thought man! It’s not! I just did hub yesterday as i acquired one and barely etched out 40 pounds. And I’ve lifted a blob, the inch and closed a number 3. I was like what??? It was so slippery. I couldn’t understand it man. But maybe you’re right it may take a few sessions. I thought I was gonna rape a 45 pound plate with it. Couldn’t even float it. I used just finger tips as shown on the picture at iron mind.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s what I thought man! It’s not! I just did hub yesterday as i acquired one and barely etched out 40 pounds. And I’ve lifted a blob, the inch and closed a number 3. I was like what??? It was so slippery. I couldn’t understand it man. But maybe you’re right it may take a few sessions. I thought I was gonna rape a 45 pound plate with it. Couldn’t even float it. I used just finger tips as shown on the picture at iron mind.

You'll get it easy with some practice. It is indeed the easiest part for most people. I'm nowhere near 90 kg on RT but I did 24 kg on the hub after two sessions and by that time I could only close a COC#2.5.

18 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

You'll get it easy with some practice. It is indeed the easiest part for most people. I'm nowhere near 90 kg on RT but I did 24 kg on the hub after two sessions and by that time I could only close a COC#2.5.

I’m hoping to do the CTD in April at the expo. I can do 175 on the 2.5 crusher..... maybe I can do 200 on RT? The COC #2 is butter.... I’ll get the Hub by then I’m sure.... just thought I’d already be there out of the gate.

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I agree that if you dont have enormous hands then your wrist and finger strength have to be your focus to be good at thickbar; I was literally just talking to Joe earlier today about doing thumbless lifts a lot more frequently (2-3x/week). How long do you usually program, monthly?

• Like 1

Nice lift man!

Especially with........ only using 80% of your fingers ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I agree that if you dont have enormous hands then your wrist and finger strength have to be your focus to be good at thickbar; I was literally just talking to Joe earlier today about doing thumbless lifts a lot more frequently (2-3x/week). How long do you usually program, monthly?

Here’s something I’ve been thinking about. Say you don’t have enormous hands.... and you can lift 200 (arbitrary number) on a rolling thunder.... and you have a guy with huge hands that can lift the same.... who really has the stronger hands? I’m enclined to say the man with the smaller hands probably has stronger fingers and wrists than his huge handed counterpart. Being able to wrap the hand easily around an implement takes more of the grip factor out compared to a small hand.