The Last Gripmas Carol

climber511

4 hours ago, acorn said:

I am curious if there is a hotel most are planning on staying in at this point? Will probably start on my reservations, etc soon.

- Aaron

Not the cheapest...but there are other benefits.  

Capture.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My website will be up and running and I will have a records list....a few items have never been contested so I would like to get a bunch of lifts on the items if possible. I will have these with me and if there is any equipment people are interested in please let me know ASAP. 

Napalms Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

One Handed Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

Inch Pinch

Shallow Inch Pinch

Double Inch Pinch

Double Shallow Inch Pinch

Thumb Blaster (this will be like adjustable thickbar event...choice from 3 sizes for preference but all under one record)

Double Thumb Blaster

3" and 4" Adjustable Pinch Block

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Correct. I entered my first competition the day after I found out about it. There's no such thing as "not being good enough". If you have hands, you're in.

correct...I had only ever touched grippers and one day at Jedds prior to entering my first contest

18 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Correct. I entered my first competition the day after I found out about it. There's no such thing as "not being good enough". If you have hands, you're in.

I don't think anyone said anything about not being good enough. In my mind, the medley is the most fun part. I wouldn't tell anyone to enter if they're not going to have fun.

Medley - Everything is going to depend on how many people sign up which means how long things are going to take.  I'm having a 3 event contest and offering around 30 - 40 or so other events for PR and Record purposes.  Not sure how much we can fit in a day.

10 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Is that Tumbleweed any good?

enchaladas do go pretty good with a margarita or 4.

Tumbleweed in't bad - not sure it's up to Texas standards or not?

Edited by climber511

2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

My website will be up and running and I will have a records list....a few items have never been contested so I would like to get a bunch of lifts on the items if possible. I will have these with me and if there is any equipment people are interested in please let me know ASAP. 

Napalms Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

One Handed Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

Inch Pinch

Shallow Inch Pinch

Double Inch Pinch

Double Shallow Inch Pinch

Thumb Blaster (this will be like adjustable thickbar event...choice from 3 sizes for preference but all under one record)

Double Thumb Blaster

3" and 4" Adjustable Pinch Block

Luke -This is Awesome.  If I remember correctly you have a few other items on the Top 50 lists - can I talk you into bringing them?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Is that Tumbleweed any good?

enchaladas do go pretty good with a margarita or 4.

As a Texan, I promise you won't find any Mexican food you like in the northeast. We just have great pizza.

28 minutes ago, acorn said:

Just sent my entry. :)

Got it!  Makes me happy - it's been a long time.

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Got it!  Makes me happy - it's been a long time.

For sure! Just booked my flight, hotel, car, etc too. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville and getting in Thursday night.

- Aaron

1 minute ago, acorn said:

For sure! Just booked my flight, hotel, car, etc too. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Zanesville and getting in Thursday night.

- Aaron

I'll be spending most of Friday moving stuff and setting up - but you (and anyone else) is welcome to come down and hang out.

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

I'll be spending most of Friday moving stuff and setting up - but you (and anyone else) is welcome to come down and hang out.

Sounds good. You will likely see me Friday then to see if I can help at all.

- Aaron

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 8:47 AM, climber511 said:

·       Then comes the “Different”.  I’m calling this part the “Listmas Carol”.  Most (at least those items I can beg or borrow) items on the NAGS Top 50 Lists – the FBBC lists – the Barrel Strength Leader Board lists – and any other list I can set up an agreement with.  You can do both the “contest” and/or one or all of these list events as you choose or you can do one OR the other.  Any result set in the contest portion will of course also effect any of those List Items".  All of these I can find the event tools for will be available so that

1.     If you are not on a list you will have the opportunity to make a position there.

2.     If you are on a list you will have the opportunity to advance your position on the list.

3.     If you have changed weight classes – you can make that portion of the list.

4.     If you have become eligible for a Masters Class or changed your Masters class age bracket or weight class – you can make those lists.  You will need to offer proof of your age.

5.     You will have the opportunity to set a World Record for any events in which you are able to do so on the various lists.

6.     If there is interest in “bending” I will set a section up for that also.  I will need to know in advance if anyone is interested and the general steel needed.  This will not be a separate “competition”.

7.     Any of the “Feats of grip strength” listed on the Gripboard may also be done here with witnesses and video to be judged under their rules.

This is probably going to be a very long day if you choose to make it so.  Depending on how many people sign up – I plan to have multiple set ups for Euro and Axle at the least.  So come and hang out - or compete in the "contest - or any one or more of the list items available.

With Chris Rice's permission, I am going to start a new thread to see who all plans on doing one of the many "Listmas Carol" events in the Record Breaker part of the Gripmas Contest.

It would be nice to see what Listmas events people might be interested in, and it will also help Chris and his volunteers plan accordingly for the day of the contest... 

Edited by richcottrell

9 minutes ago, richcottrell said:

With Chris Rice's permission, I am going to start a new thread to see who all plans on doing one of the many "Listmas Carol" events in the Record Breaker part of the Gripmas Contest.

It would be nice to see what Listmas events people might be interested in, and it will also help Chris and his volunteers plan accordingly for the day of the contest... 

I'm interested in trying as many things as possible, not to set any records, but to get on lists even if in the middle of the list and see how I do against my weight class.  So I won't bother requesting anything in particular, but I will be eager to try whatever does end up being there.  If you need us to specify things, I'd probably focus on pinch more than thick bar or hub -- flask, Euro, IM blockbuster, Sorinex Saxon bar, FBBC Climber pinch, plate pinching (is there anything between 2 35s, which I can do consistently, and 2 45s, which I cannot get air on?), key pinch, Dube Cube.  And the hand dynamometer I've been hearing about might be cool if anyone has that.  Really looking forward to whatever is there, thanks to everyone organizing!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

@kodyburns You need to come to Gripmas and bring the dyno. 

Ya he does and he should prepare to buy me a steak dinner when I beat his number!😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I'm interested in trying as many things as possible, not to set any records, but to get on lists even if in the middle of the list and see how I do against my weight class.  So I won't bother requesting anything in particular, but I will be eager to try whatever does end up being there.  If you need us to specify things, I'd probably focus on pinch more than thick bar or hub -- flask, Euro, IM blockbuster, Sorinex Saxon bar, FBBC Climber pinch, plate pinching (is there anything between 2 35s, which I can do consistently, and 2 45s, which I cannot get air on?), key pinch, Dube Cube.  And the hand dynamometer I've been hearing about might be cool if anyone has that.  Really looking forward to whatever is there, thanks to everyone organizing!

Agreed. I'll be like a kid in a candy shop. My goal is to try as many items as possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, climber511 said:

Luke -This is Awesome.  If I remember correctly you have a few other items on the Top 50 lists - can I talk you into bringing them?

Yeah we will bring everything we have in the Top 50 List...good thing I have an 8ft bed that doesn't have to be made!!

2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Yeah we will bring everything we have in the Top 50 List...good thing I have an 8ft bed that doesn't have to be made!!

I know it's a lot to ask - I really appreciate it!

I'll have my wife with me, and as part of the negotiation, she gets to choose the hotel. Consequently, we'll be staying at "the Bayport by Wyndham" in Zanesville because she judged their room to be nicest.

I haven't registered yet, Chris, but I'm 100% going to be there. If anyone's interested in some gimmick lifts, I plan to bring a DubeCube with me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Guess who’s coming to GRIPMAS BAAABBBYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! WHHOOOOOOOOO

Will be good to see you, brother!  Are there any lifts you suck at that I can practice and try to beat you?  ;)  Hint:  NOT CRUSHER.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Will be good to see you, brother!  Are there any lifts you suck at that I can practice and try to beat you?  ;)  Hint:  NOT CRUSHER.

Vinnie - I'd go for Sledge hammers - you got this LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, climber511 said:

Vinnie - I'd go for Sledge hammers - you got this LOL

LOL, right after crusher.  In seriousness, I was thinking maybe something gimmicky, like Dube Cube or key pinch.  I'm pretty good at grippers, too, but I think Joe is a little ahead of me on them.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

LOL, right after crusher.  In seriousness, I was thinking maybe something gimmicky, like Dube Cube or key pinch.  I'm pretty good at grippers, too, but I think Joe is a little ahead of me on them.

Just as information - I will be bringing all kinds of little weird things like key pinch that are not on the top 50 list

• Like 1