The Last Gripmas Carol

climber511

I just put it up a couple minutes ago - under a separate topic under Contests!

• Like 1

I want to offer as many items (events) as possible from the top 50 Lists.  I do not have many of those items personally.  If you do own one of them please bring it along to Gripmas.

56 minutes ago, Bryan Hunsaker said:

I'll be there!

Received your entry and payment - you are good to go!  And thank you for the sponsorship also!!!

• Like 1

There seems to be a little confusion abut "what you can do" if you enter.  Basically you can do any or all the events.  You can do the 3 event contest (or not) - You can do just one of the events off the top 50 list (or you can do each and every one of those events).  You can do the contest and all the events - heck you can come and just hang out - visit and enjoy yourself (for free) - I may have to charge a small door entry fee for the gym rental to spectators - not sure about that yet.  And of course if you want the meals and tee shirt - you have to enter.

Be sure to include your tee shirt size on your entry!  And get your entry in on time so my guy has time to make up the shirts.  

If you are willing to Put On a Little Show (bending, cards, phone books, horseshoes, etc) - please let me know so I can program things some.  

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

Payment and entry sent  ! put me down for the everything+ category.. whoever  enters records will know my name well !!!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

Payment and entry sent  ! put me down for the everything+ category.. whoever  enters records will know my name well !!!

You're all set!!! 

• Like 1

Good news!

Despite finals the week after, I'm planning to fly up and compete!

Looking forward to it, boys.

• Like 2

Gripmas Hotel info – coming from the west or the airport

There seem to be no hotels in Crooksville – I can’t imagine why!  If you are flying in – you will no doubt land at Columbus International Airport.   You want the 132 exit off of I-70 east – go south on state route 13 to St Rt 669to Crooksville.  With this in mind, a hotel along I-70 somewhere east of Columbus and before exit 132 seems ideal and there are quite a few choices.  I’ve never stayed at any of them and to be honest – have only stayed in any hotel a half dozen times in my life so I can’t offer much of an opinion to help you out.  If we consider that you want to be on the east side of 270 (the Columbus outer belt) then the first group of hotels are at exit 112, just after you get onto I-70 E off of 270 coming from the airport, or just east of 270 on the east side of Columbus – then at exits 110, 126 and 129 there are more hotels.  There are more places to eat at 112 and 110 but there are a few places at each of the others.  None of these will be much of a drive to #132 .  It’s about a 40 minute drive to my place from the exit.  From the Airport, any of these are less than 45 minutes.  Airport to my house is an hour and 20 minutes. 

The best map I can find is to Google Columbus Ohio Hotels east – go to Obitz – go to Airport and east side – it will give you a map showing all of them – prices don’t seem to bad, at least for some of them.  I tried to link it for you but it would only take you to the Obitz site and you still had to do all the rest.  Here are three of the cheapest I could find but there are many more choices if you have a Hotel chain you know and like.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetails.jsp?z=adab&r=xp&z=adad&r=xr&lastPage=interstitial 

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetails.jsp?z=f36a&r=16e&z=f36c&r=16g&lastPage=interstitial 

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetails.jsp?z=f103&r=1ew&z=f105&r=1ey&lastPage=interstitial

I stayed in Zanesville last year and the drive wasn't too bad, there's several hotels with restaurants nearby.

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I stayed in Zanesville last year and the drive wasn't too bad, there's several hotels with restaurants nearby.

Going to Zanesville will add around a half an hour to the trip is all.  Coming in from the east Zanesville is the way to go.

Edited by climber511

Entry deadline is November 10th - only 5 entries so far.

58 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I am definite, and will definitely register by November 10.  Promise.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 12:05 AM, climber511 said:

There seems to be a little confusion abut "what you can do" if you enter.  Basically you can do any or all the events.  You can do the 3 event contest (or not) - You can do just one of the events off the top 50 list (or you can do each and every one of those events).  You can do the contest and all the events - heck you can come and just hang out - visit and enjoy yourself (for free) - I may have to charge a small door entry fee for the gym rental to spectators - not sure about that yet.  And of course if you want the meals and tee shirt - you have to enter.

Be sure to include your tee shirt size on your entry!  And get your entry in on time so my guy has time to make up the shirts.  

If you are willing to Put On a Little Show (bending, cards, phone books, horseshoes, etc) - please let me know so I can program things some.  

So it's just a 3 event contest and individuals lifts from the NAGS top 100 list, no medley or anything else like that? Any more thoughts on the door entry?

Yes a 3 event contest plus all the individual top 50 items I can borrow.  Several requests now for the Gripmas Medley - looks like I'll have to think that one over some more.

• Like 1

I'm sure I missed something but here is my working list 

image.png.152d413fd457bcaa88804dbafe4440d8.png

• Like 2

I'm definite too and will send the entrance form this week! Ohio round two! Wooo!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, climber511 said:

Entry form and payment sent👍

Chris, I'll be sending out my check today or tomorrow.

The medley is what I look forward to most, but I understand if it's too much to do at this location!

Edited by Anthony C.
  • Like 1

I am curious if there is a hotel most are planning on staying in at this point? Will probably start on my reservations, etc soon.

- Aaron

1 hour ago, JHenze646 said:

@climber511 is there a start time for the contest? I have prior engagements on weekend mornings. What time will you be shutting it all down?

Along the question of start time, when is the earliest you can weigh in? 

18 hours ago, climber511 said:

Several requests now for the Gripmas Medley - looks like I'll have to think that one over some more.

Thanks Chris. For a novice like myself, the Medley is the deciding factor for whether I'm an entry or a door fee person. 

42 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

Thanks Chris. For a novice like myself, the Medley is the deciding factor for whether I'm an entry or a door fee person. 

You should enter regardless of whether or not there is a medley.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

You should enter regardless of whether or not there is a medley.

Correct. I entered my first competition the day after I found out about it. There's no such thing as "not being good enough". If you have hands, you're in.

• Like 2