The Last Gripmas Carol

climber511

On 2/6/2018 at 2:03 AM, climber511 said:

The Last Gripmas Carol will be held December the 8th - 2018.  No details available yet - just wanted to get the date out there.

Chris, I'll try to come this one. Then will go to have a quick one week tour around Uncle Sam.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Chris, I'll try to come this one. Then will go to have a quick one week tour around Uncle Sam.

WOW!  That would be wonderful - meeting you in person after all the online talks we have had will be special!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

THE KING!!   Ill probably see you there because I'm going to do everything in my power to make it this year!  Never been to a Gripmas, but I don't think I can miss this!

Awesome - I'm trying hard to make this one special for everyone - I've wanted to meet you all for a long time now.  Sure hope things work out and you all can make it.

9 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Gonna plan to be at this one. Cant say i was a competitive grip guy and never been to gripmas. 

Texas is in the house !

8 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I would really like to make it to this. Last one, hmm sounds like I can’t miss it

We can have our own section of climbers :)

• Like 3

Sounds like a real epic blow out - I'll be there again too Chris - just wish I woulda taken the drive to make it in past years and not just last December - better late than never though - OHIO!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There's always the talk of "if I can't win or at least do well - I won't compete".  Well at this contest the only one you'll be competing against will be yourself!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, climber511 said:

There's always the talk of "if I can't win or at least do well - I won't compete".  Well at this contest the only one you'll be competing against will be yourself!

That’s exactly what I say man! Used to have the I won’t compete I can’t win mentality .... but the boat will be missed if one feels that way. We only have so much longevity in life that the train may not be boarding when ya want it to.  Do it for ther experience, for the fun of competition and for yourself. You against you. Took many talks from fellow strength enthusiasts for me to see that light... and I’m glad I did Man!

I compete in everything I try right away, the best way to get good at something is to spend time with the people who are already great. I've learned so much just from random conversations during competitions, it's incredibly valuable.

• Like 4

My view is that we all have different assets, so competition against each other can never be "perfect."  While we do have some fun and get some motivation when we compete a bit against each other anyway (with the weight classes to keep things interesting since we can't all be the biggest), the real competition should indeed be against our former selves -- to do better than we did before. 

Rindo: Wait, Dad. Don’t you remember the time you told me “If you ain’t first, you’re last”?

Rindo Sr.: Huh? What are you talking about, Son?

Rindo: That day at school.

Rindo Sr.: Oh hell, Son, I was high that day. That doesn’t make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth… hell you can even be fifth.

Rindo: What? I’ve lived my whole life by that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to use the NAGS comp Gripper set at The Last Gripmas Carol - who has them and whats the process to use them?

Just now, climber511 said:

I would like to use the NAGS comp Gripper set at The Last Gripmas Carol - who has them and whats the process to use them?

Hell Ya! I may be picking this event to do at Gripmas :D

I believe Gil is or has sent them to Jedd since Jedd is hosting the NAGS championship and they will be used there. 

The turnout for this contest looks to be YUGE based on the interest. You should have a "Last Gripmas" every year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Chez said:

Hell Ya! I may be picking this event to do at Gripmas :D

I believe Gil is or has sent them to Jedd since Jedd is hosting the NAGS championship and they will be used there. 

I want to have as many of the items on the NAGS Top 50 Lists - FBBC and Barrel Strength lists as I can.  I wanted (still do) to offer the IronMInd items but I have emailed Randall twice now with no response twice now so my guess is he is not interested.  I had hoped to be able to offer COC and Red Nail cert opportunities at the contest for some added excitement.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

The turnout for this contest looks to be YUGE based on the interest. You should have a "Last Gripmas" every year. 

:)

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

I had hoped to be able to offer COC and Red Nail cert opportunities at the contest for some added excitement.

This would be really cool. If you do, I may attempt the COC #3.5 cert. Since you are there anyway, I wouldn't mind as much missing since I didn't waste a judges time. Makes me more willing to take the risk. 

13 minutes ago, Chez said:

This would be really cool. If you do, I may attempt the COC #3.5 cert. Since you are there anyway, I wouldn't mind as much missing since I didn't waste a judges time. Makes me more willing to take the risk. 

If I were to have this I wanted it to be done under all of IMs rules.  Randall would approve the judge just like he always does - the participant  would contact IM like usual - Randal would send him the gripper - it would be opened at the contest etc etc.  The only difference was my request that someone attending the comp be the judge so it can be done there (I know several of the people who will be attending have judged for IM before).  But apparently it won't be happening.  I am very surprised that Randall didn't even answer me - he has always been extremely thoughtful and kind to me in the past - I hope all is well with him?

40 minutes ago, climber511 said:

If I were to have this I wanted it to be done under all of IMs rules.  Randall would approve the judge just like he always does - the participant  would contact IM like usual - Randal would send him the gripper - it would be opened at the contest etc etc.  The only difference was my request that someone attending the comp be the judge so it can be done there (I know several of the people who will be attending have judged for IM before).  But apparently it won't be happening.  I am very surprised that Randall didn't even answer me - he has always been extremely thoughtful and kind to me in the past - I hope all is well with him?

Chris

Do you think he may be using another Email? It’s possible he doesn’t use the one you’re sending the message to anymore? I’ve had that happen to me before.

Joe

9 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Chris

Do you think he may be using another Email? It’s possible he doesn’t use the one you’re sending the message to anymore? I’ve had that happen to me before.

Joe

I used the "Contact" button on the Iron Mind website.  If anyone has another email address for Randall - please send it along to me.

Maybe someone close to Randy can contact him for you. Like @Hubgeezer

maybe @riccardomagni since he does ironmind comps all the time 

Edited by Chez

Just now, Chez said:

Crap - I never even thought about Mike - I'll get a hold of him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chez said:

maybe @riccardomagni since he does ironmind comps all the time 

I have his email address.

Contact me

riccardomagni1@gmail.com

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, riccardomagni said:

I have his email address.

Contact me

riccardomagni1@gmail.com

Awesome. I want a chance at the 3.5 cert!

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Awesome. I want a chance at the 3.5 cert!

If I push, December might be about the time for me credibly to have a shot at certing the 3, so it would be amazing to be able to have stab at it there.

• Like 4