The Last Gripmas Carol

climber511

The Last Gripmas Carol will be held December the 8th - 2018.  No details available yet - just wanted to get the date out there.

• Like 8

Crap, I'm going to have to make a trip up there for that one.

• Like 3

I'll be there; not missing it!!

• Like 1

I'm in, hopefully a year of hammer training will lead to only a tiny bit of embarrassment

Edited by Climber028

14 hours ago, climber511 said:

The Last Gripmas Carol will be held December the 8th - 2018.  No details available yet - just wanted to get the date out there.

Can we get some details?  :D

I'm sure this gripmas will have the largest attendance ever for the event. I know I'm putting it on my calendar.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KapMan said:

Ill make more of an effort to go. Sounds like you need a waterboy..ill do that

Waterboy for everyone but me - I think I'm going to need a "beer" boy :).  Just starting to figure everything out - logistics are already out of hand.  Sure hope you can make it !

51 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Waterboy for everyone but me - I think I'm going to need a "beer" boy :).  Just starting to figure everything out - logistics are already out of hand.  Sure hope you can make it !

Me too. Ive missed too many. 

Melissa and I will be there.  My favorite contest!

• Like 1

... Talking to Kristy about it.  I have wanted to compete again for YEARS.  All I have is excuses why I didn't stick with training.  :blush

6 minutes ago, Cannon said:

... Talking to Kristy about it.  I have wanted to compete again for YEARS.  All I have is excuses why I didn't stick with training.  :blush

I'm sure you would have competed already if someone took the time and interest to personally invite you to a competition or two.  Oh wait...:dry

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 4:56 PM, anwnate said:

I'm sure you would have competed already if someone took the time and interest to personally invite you to a competition or two.  Oh wait...:dry

I KNOW. also I was going to do Southern Squeeze this year. Didn’t happen. Sorry budd. 

• Sad 1

Guilt trip train, all aboard! Its about time I make it to a contest...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

I KNOW. also I was going to do Southern Squeeze this year. Didn’t happen. Sorry budd. 

Matt, it shouldn't matter if you can train for a contest or not, it only truly matter that you can make it. The last couple of contest I've been to. I have had zero time spent on training the main lifts for said contest. Let me cut through what I'm saying, get out there, lift something heavy, make it happen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Matt, it shouldn't matter if you can train for a contest or not, it only truly matter that you can make it. The last couple of contest I've been to. I have had zero time spent on training the main lifts for said contest. Let me cut through what I'm saying, get out there, lift something heavy, make it happen.

Says the guy who drove 18 hours, with no sleep and crushed a 170+ pound gripper like a boss. I drove 8 slept like an infant and you spanked me. 

Youre not normal..  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cannon said:

Sadness.  I hear there is a comp in a couple weeks though. :)

17 hours ago, wobbler said:

Guilt trip train, all aboard! Its about time I make it to a contest...

Damn right!

16 hours ago, John McCarter said:

This!

24 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Says the guy who drove 18 hours, with no sleep and crushed a 170+ pound gripper like a boss. I drove 8 slept like an infant and you spanked me. 

Youre not normal..  

Not normal is the new normal.

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Youre not normal..  

Normal is overrated.

It was more like 20 hours and no sleep but who's counting.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I have just made arrangements to hold the contest at Underground Athletics - a very nice brand new gym here in Crooksville.  I will hopefully be having too many people for my little garage gym.   With all the events (20+) we're going to need a lot more space just to set everything up.  More information to come. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I have just made arrangements to hold the contest at Underground Athletics - a very nice brand new gym here in Crooksville.  I will hopefully be having too many people for my little garage gym.   With all the events (20+) we're going to need a lot more space just to set everything up.  More information to come. 

I’m gonna try and do this last Gripmas. Missed last year because my birthday is December 7th!! Wife had party already planned! I want to be at the last one.... especially with HAMMERS!

I am new to the sport, just attended my first comp last month, and would love to be able to attend your last one!  It is on the calendar.  As the date gets nearer I will butter the wife up as needed and should be able to attend. 

• Like 3

I would really like to make it to this. Last one, hmm sounds like I can’t miss it

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I would really like to make it to this. Last one, hmm sounds like I can’t miss it

THE KING!!   Ill probably see you there because I'm going to do everything in my power to make it this year!  Never been to a Gripmas, but I don't think I can miss this!

• Like 1