Forearms bigger than biceps?

Clay Edgin

Someone at my gym posed this question, asking whether I knew of anyone whose grip training made their forearms bigger than their biceps/upper arm measurement. I'm guessing this might happen with a lighter weight trainee? What's the difference between your forearms and biceps measurement? 

I believe mine are in the neighborhood of 15 1/2" forearms (straight arm and goosenecked) and bicep around 19" last I checked. Much smaller difference if the arm is bent of course.

- Aaron

I have a climber friend who has 15" forearms and 13" biceps, he's not into grip but has been climbing since the age of 5. Weighs around 135, so pretty tiny. I imagine this would look ridiculous on someone in the 200lb neighborhood

Mine are 15 and 19. 

But i have a fiat for a waistline too. Think  dan fleming might be one of those oddballs you are talking about.

I remember first meeting @Daniel Fleming at NCGCII and being struck by how large his forearms were in comparison to the rest of his arm - definite Popeye effect - actually he may of even had an anchor tattoo too - or atleast could give himself one if he'd like haha - how do your arms size up Dan?

• Like 1

I got about 15 1/2" x 18 1/2" x a solid 8" - oh wait, wait.....

• Haha 1

My forearms are catching up but still behind. 16" forearms and my biceps fluctuate between 18.5" and 18.75"

Forearms - 12.75

Upper Arms - 15.25

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight - but the fight in the dog.  So says the guy with the skinny arms :)

1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

I remember first meeting @Daniel Fleming at NCGCII and being struck by how large his forearms were in comparison to the rest of his arm - definite Popeye effect - actually he may of even had an anchor tattoo too - or atleast could give himself one if he'd like haha - how do your arms size up Dan?

Hahaha, no anchor tattoo, but I just measured and I have 14" biceps and 13.5" forearms. With no flex at all my bicep is 13.25" and forearm 13"    so im getting close to equal haha.

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gingernaut25 said:

17.25" goosenecked forearms
19.25” triceps (no biceps)

Fixed

• Like 1

Alright finally was able to measure, they're both too small to mention but my biceps are only half an inch bigger than forearms. 

• Like 1

16 inch forearms and 18 inch biceps . 2 inches between the upper and lower. I don’t care how big or small they are either way... as long as they have the horse power to back them up come game time. Can’t even remember the last time I’ve measured them until today. Nice to know now if someone asks. That’s cold at 5:30am just awakened.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’m sure you mean bwrist.

No, thats post-bris

• Like 1

Mine were the same size in School as a skinny dude before starting Training.

1 hour ago, corefire said:

i am stuck at 50cm biceps and only 44cm forarm :-(

I feel sorry for you, must feel terrible having such small arms :D 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, corefire said:

no body care about size, power is more beautiful 😄

I care about both. I like to look like I’m strong as well 

• Like 1

Flexed and pumped, my biceps are 45 cm and my forearms are 36 cm.

How do your arms measure when held relaxed to your sides? I imagine the biceps vs. forearm size would be closer when measured this way.