2"×3/8"×36" braced bend

Andrew Dube

This seems to a popular bar right now so I thought I'd give it a try! I'm not as experienced or confident with "shorter" bars. Most of my braced bending has been closer to 48" or 12" spikes and the like. Even though this took almost twice as long as my recent Goliath bend I would say this was easier. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

Duuude leg over the hand on the over the thigh kink..genius! 

Haha thanks, please steal it!

1 hour ago, KRC said:

Nice!

26 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Great bending Andrew!

Thank you gents!

Great job Andrew! I think I should've started my braced bending journey with something else because that is an awkward ass bar. Lol

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

Great job Andrew! I think I should've started my braced bending journey with something else because that is an awkward ass bar. Lol

Thanks Delmar! Yeah I bent a lot of 1/2" bars when I first started! The first big bar I bought was a 1/2×1×48 and I think it sat around for the better part of a year before I figured out how to bend it.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 7:32 PM, Andrew Dube said:

This seems to a popular bar right now so I thought I'd give it a try! I'm not as experienced or confident with "shorter" bars. Most of my braced bending has been closer to 48" or 12" spikes and the like. Even though this took almost twice as long as my recent Goliath bend I would say this was easier. 

Andrew you are a beast! I tried this bar today and barely put a dent in it. I did the 1.5” wide bar with the same other dimensions easy but that 2” width changes how you can put pressure into the bar. Very hard bend you did. Nice job!

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, Donc101 said:

Andrew you are a beast! I tried this bar today and barely put a dent in it. I did the 1.5” wide bar with the same other dimensions easy but that 2” width changes how you can put pressure into the bar. Very hard bend you did. Nice job!

Thanks Don! Yeah, the extra width is annoying. I just rewatched the video and you can see how often I readjust my grip trying to find something comfortable. Pulling on the end with my fingers bent at the first knuckle seemed to work the best with one hand.

On 2/3/2018 at 4:19 PM, crushonomics said:

Awesome bend!

Thank you!

Great bend man!!

20 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Great bend man!!

Thanks Luke! And congrats to you! Looks like you put on a great contest last weekend, and your performance was OKAY too I guess!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

Thanks Luke! And congrats to you! Looks like you put on a great contest last weekend, and your performance was OKAY too I guess!

Thanks...yeah I was pretty happy about how everything went. 

On 2/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, Andrew Dube said:

Thanks Don! Yeah, the extra width is annoying. I just rewatched the video and you can see how often I readjust my grip trying to find something comfortable. Pulling on the end with my fingers bent at the first knuckle seemed to work the best with one hand.

Thank you!

The extra width is a sob for sure, aided by the shorter length and its even worse. My legs are beefy do that probably doesnt help when attempting a between the leg bend at 36”. I still cant bend mine lol

On 1/29/2018 at 7:32 PM, Andrew Dube said:

Great Job Dubes! Next feat for you.... do that while crucifix levering your double 12! HAHA!

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Great Job Dubes! Next feat for you.... do that while crucifix levering your double 12! HAHA!

Thanks! Well if both my hands are holding hammers then I guess I'll have to bend the bar with my ... teeth ;) 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Thanks! Well if both my hands are holding hammers then I guess I'll have to bend the bar with my ... teeth ;) 

Exactly! I have faith in ya brother!

Sick - simply a sick bend!  Your body positions were unique but effective.  Very nice work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

Sick - simply a sick bend!  Your body positions were unique but effective.  Very nice work.

Thanks Chris! I strive for unique but effective haha

• 1 month later...

Fuelled by coffee and sunshine I did some spontaneous scrolling this afternoon and wrapped this 10' 1/4" hot rolled bar around the original flat bar.

20180318_172616.jpg

• Like 6

That is really bad ass, great job! Cool design with the 3/8 and tight loops.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Donc101 said:

That is really bad ass, great job! Cool design with the 3/8 and tight loops.

13 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome skills Mr Dube!

Thank you gents! I wasn't happy with this piece initially but finding the right angle to display it and adding a coil here or there and I'm pretty happy with the end result. I still have no idea what I'm going to make when I scroll but every once and a while it turns out!

• Like 2