Help with CoC Grippers

Jefry_Rojas

Jefry, I’m strictly a lurker in this forum and have never posted before but can relate to your problem. I purchased pretty much the same grippers you own and ended up with pretty much the same results as you. Not really making any gains and having no real idea of what I should be doing, I finally purchased the RRBT program and followed it religiously to completion. That really helped to toughen up my hands as well as strengthen my ligaments and tendons. Once again I seemed to hit a plateau UNTIL I found Chez’s Youtube video. That was the real turning point for me. I invested in some rated grippers to fill in the gaps and keep my “jumps” smaller. It took well over a year but I went from closing a #1 to crushing a #2. And the 2.5 is going DOWN real soon, I’m almost there. By the way, I’m 58 years old and only weigh 172 lbs. Chez, if you are reading this, thanks for the best and most informative gripper video ever made!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bouvie said:

Chez, if you are reading this, thanks for the best and most informative gripper video ever made!

I appreciate that. I'm glad it helped. best of luck in reaching your goals. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:41 AM, Booze said:

Chez - the issue I encountered trying to follow your program is that it would seem you need to have A LOT of grippers to make it work. For someone who only owns 1 each of the COC grippers, I’m not sure how its possible. Given what the OP said he can do with his right, he would have no gripper for the doubles and triples. Even if he had the 0.5, I don’t think it would be of much help. For myself, I also own just 1 each of the COC. I can do the #2 once(CCS), but doing doubles or triples with the 1.5 would be very easy. The only way I can see the routine working is applying what I posted earlier about moving your hand up so you can make an easier gripper fit into your rep scheme. I’m not sure if moving your hand up is a viable training method though? I really don’t see people ever talking about doing that so I’m not sure. Other than that, what can be done other than expanding the gripper collection greatly? You’re going to need a bunch of small increments 

Someone else mentioned Silvis grippers - but Cannon Power Works has multiple Silvis adjustable grippers that would fill a LOT of tiny gaps in strength.  Pretty much perfect for the type of training Chez recommends.  Get a T-Rex if you want the range from #2.5 to #3.  Get a Megalodon for a #3 and beyond.