Strongman show performers

John Beatty

Guys-

I’m looking to add to my list of performers for my shows. I’m cutting back the number of shows I’m doing for the next couple of years as I get 2 summers before my daughter is off to college. If you’ve done shows or are interested in doing shows, reply here or email me at bookthestrongman@yahoo.com

Feats I do: horseshoe hearts, card tearing, phone books, anvil lifts, nail driving, tug o war, car lifts, truck pulling, steel bending (short & long bar), scrolling, platform lifts, finger lifts, sledge levering, girl pressing (bench & overhead), rolling frying pans stone lifting, car flipping, blow up hot water bottles, hold back motorcycles, bed of nails, one hand lifts, keg press, and a few others. 

You should be able to do at least half the feats & be reasonably comfortable in front of a crowd, and able to ham it up a little. The pay is pretty darn good for about 4 hours a day, I cover hotel, food, and travel, and all the supplies. 

You’d work shoes with at least one other performer, or with me. Jedd Johnson & Clay Edgin are already doing shows with me, so they know the routine. 

89B42DE5-2834-435F-B489-32EE48972F29.jpeg

26EE14DF-2CEB-4B70-807D-D9EB3A5056D9.jpeg

• Like 6

Always thought about trying old style strongman shows, don't know if I can do half of the feats

8 hours ago, JStepien said:

Always thought about trying old style strongman shows, don't know if I can do half of the feats

You’d do great... although you have to do specificity for the feats as you probably know already. 

At age 45, on top of my game, all day long.  At age 50, starting a comeback, probably not the right guy.  But sounds like a blast.  Wish you well my friend!

27 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

At age 45, on top of my game, all day long.  At age 50, starting a comeback, probably not the right guy.  But sounds like a blast.  Wish you well my friend!

Dude your strength is going to get better with age.... like a fine wine! Strength when maintained is the last thing to leave a man in old age.... and grip just seems to improve with the adage of OLD MAN STRENGTH! You got this bro!

Edited by Guest

30 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude your strength is going to get better with age.... like a fine wine! Strength when maintained is the last thing to leave a man in old age.... and grip just seems to improve with the adage of OLD MAN STRENGTH! You got this bro!

Not a strength issue.  It's the beating your body takes when bending at a high level.  Especially horseshoes and braced bending.  All but crippled me in my 40s.  In my 50s, I'd end up in a wheelchair... or worse. :laugh

13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Not a strength issue.  It's the beating your body takes when bending at a high level.  Especially horseshoes and braced bending.  All but crippled me in my 40s.  In my 50s, I'd end up in a wheelchair... or worse. :laugh

That’s yet another reason I am staying away from the bending world... thanks for the reinforcement! And John Eaton convinced me to stay away from arm wrestling with his injuries! It will be strictly grip for this ol boy!

@John Beatty Do you ever do shows in Canada?

2 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

awesome opportunity

Agreed! Incredible opportunity!

7 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You’d do great... although you have to do specificity for the feats as you probably know already. 

Shall see, was always an idea with me last few years

4 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Mike Rinderle has no strength issue!!! Hes stronger than me

• Like 2

Only in my dreams :).  Once upon a time I might have been borderline on those feats but no more.

• Like 1

Guys, I’m 50, 51 this Sunday. My biggest show run last year was 33 shows in 11 days, solo. I’m not doing anything at 100%. The platform lift maybe 90% at worst, but everything else is moderate level stuff. 5/16 x 6” grade 2’s, SCF UL 2’s, 5/8” x 4’ into a loop. Nothing hard, because it’s series shows. I’m not asking anywhere near max effort. 

If you’re so gassed that you can’t talk, that’S way too hard. I have to talk during and between feats.

Edited by John Beatty
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John Beatty said:

Guys, I’m 50, 51 this Sunday. My biggest show run last year was 33 shows in 11 days, solo. I’m not doing anything at 100%. The platform lift maybe 90% at worst, but everything else is moderate level stuff. 5/16 x 6” grade 2’s, SCF UL 2’s, 5/8” x 4’ into a loop. Nothing hard, because it’s series shows. I’m not asking anywhere near max effort. 

If you’re so gassed that you can’t talk, that’S way too hard. I have to talk during and between feats.

You are fun to watch. Ive caught the last half of your 2 of them when you came to NC. Your energy is fantastic and the audience looks to be generally enjoying it as well.

I’m still learning the bending stuff and i cant do a 5/16” stick of butter right now let alone a grade two of that size. 

I passed this along to folk i think would be a good fit. I’m too green I think to benefit you right now. 

4 hours ago, John Beatty said:

Understand that, one concern of mine is I'll gas out from adrenaline in front of a crowd

On 1/17/2018 at 9:24 PM, JStepien said:

Understand that, one concern of mine is I'll gas out from adrenaline in front of a crowd

If you pass out, that’s good entertainment. If you can’t finish a feat, you just joke it off. I’ve failed on crescents & got the best laugh of the show..

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 8:56 PM, KapMan said:

You are fun to watch. Ive caught the last half of your 2 of them when you came to NC. Your energy is fantastic and the audience looks to be generally enjoying it as well.

I’m still learning the bending stuff and i cant do a 5/16” stick of butter right now let alone a grade two of that size. 

I passed this along to folk i think would be a good fit. I’m too green I think to benefit you right now. 

Thanks! Glad you dug the show! 

On 1/18/2018 at 10:47 PM, John Beatty said:

If you pass out, that’s good entertainment. If you can’t finish a feat, you just joke it off. I’ve failed on crescents & got the best laugh of the show..

May have to try a strongman show one day

2 hours ago, JStepien said:

May have to try a strongman show one day

Me too. I got some things in the pipeline that might impress

28 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Me too. I got some things in the pipeline that might impress

Could partner up for a show???

21 minutes ago, KapMan said:

No. You’re stronger then me

That's complete 🐃💩 you're still stronger than me... 

• Haha 1