Carl Myerscough Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 3.5 Gripper

John McCarter

He looked like he had power to spare in this close. I think he'll get the 4!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

He looked like he had power to spare in this close. I think he'll get the 4!

Where can I see the close?

10 hours ago, Cannon said:

I mean, @riccardomagni or @ClayEdgin  did he talk about where he is at with the 4?  Based on how that 3.5 cert went, I’d be surprised if he were far off. 

Carl is very soft spoken and humble.  He's not going to outwardly brag about anything.  He hasn't tried the 4 yet but when he gets ready, I'm sure that we'll all hear about it.

6 minutes ago, riccardomagni said:

Carl is very soft spoken and humble.  He's not going to outwardly brag about anything.  He hasn't tried the 4 yet but when he gets ready, I'm sure that we'll all hear about it.

Seems like a world class guy in strength and composure!

7 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Weird I've never heard of this guy, has he never done any grip contests? He should do the European championships. 

Carl lives in Southern California now and he started competing in grip contests a year or two ago. He has mostly (exclusively?) competed in Odd Haugen’s Fit Expo events.

55 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Not at all to offend, but its a lot like what your story will be if you dont start certing something.

Not exactly as I have done things like the European championships I talk of (got 2nd in opens last year). I do plan on certing the 3.5 with both hands this year if #4 doesn't go but my story is far from over dude. Right now I'm focusing on my strongman comp.

58 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Carl lives in Southern California now and he started competing in grip contests a year or two ago. He has mostly (exclusively?) competed in Odd Haugen’s Fit Expo events.

Ah, thanks.

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

So easy! 

Great power yes

I guess I was trying to say what Tommy was saying without the chain-jerking. I have seen many times, gripsters of all levels, talking about the Number 4. The reality is that the 3.5 is obviously one badass gripper. You don't think Clay Edgin is not certified on that sucker because he does not respect it? How about Jedd Johnson?  No, that 3.5 sucker is a bad mother. I don't know, I was happy to see John start this thread, and am happy that we can celebrate the last two guys accomplishments with pulling it off. It is NOT a common event.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

I guess I was trying to say what Tommy was saying without the chain-jerking. I have seen many times, gripsters of all levels, talking about the Number 4. The reality is that the 3.5 is obviously one badass gripper. You don't think Clay Edgin is not certified on that sucker because he does not respect it? How about Jedd Johnson?  No, that 3.5 sucker is a bad mother. I don't know, I was happy to see John start this thread, and am happy that we can celebrate the last two guys accomplishments with pulling it off. It is NOT a common event.

It's a huge deal!  What makes it even more exciting is how easy he appeared to do it!  I would love to see someone close the #4 with a CCS.  No one has done it yet right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wannagrip said:

It's a huge deal!  What makes it even more exciting is how easy he appeared to do it!  I would love to see someone close the #4 with a CCS.  No one has done it yet right?

No one. Anyone who claims to have done a no set like Kinney isn't honest too (Even JK). The closest I saw was that Romanian AW who was extremely close on his cert but didn't get it. His name is ioan puscasu. And man he had paws of a bear and gorilla combined.

Does anyone know if Ioan is still training for the #4 cert? If I was that close, I wouldn't give up. 

1 hour ago, Anemptybox said:

I read some old posts claiming it has been done by Nathan H, but if there's no proof it's just a claim of course. Ioan's attempts are all incredible.

Also, when Nathan certified on the GHP 9, I feel like Wade definitely hinted that there was additional footage which he was not authorized to publish, but showed further mastery over the gripper than the actual cert attempt.  I can't remember if it was reps or wider sets or both or what.  Maybe he didn't say exactly and I filled in the blanks.   

Were the old posts you found by Chris James?  I think he trained with Nathan and would leak info sometimes.  I also thought that someone had witnessed Nathan do it in training or something, that's familiar to me. 

11 minutes ago, Chez said:

Does anyone know if Ioan is still training for the #4 cert? If I was that close, I wouldn't give up. 

@Kashtan  Do you know?

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

Also, when Nathan certified on the GHP 9, I feel like Wade definitely hinted that there was additional footage which he was not authorized to publish, but showed further mastery over the gripper than the actual cert attempt.  I can't remember if it was reps or wider sets or both or what.  Maybe he didn't say exactly and I filled in the blanks.   

Were the old posts you found by Chris James?  I think he trained with Nathan and would leak info sometimes.  I also thought that someone had witnessed Nathan do it in training or something, that's familiar to me. 

Would be great to see more GHP 9 footage from him! And yes, it must have been Chris James' log:

Also, I really should mention: INSANE JOB CARL!

Edited by Anemptybox

7 hours ago, Cannon said:

@Kashtan  Do you know?

On this moment, for the time being, as far as I know, Ioan Puscasu trains only for armwrestling, sometimes.

Edited by Kashtan