Carl Myerscough Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 3.5 Gripper

John McCarter

Still a rare top Level feat!:rock

If that video on the IronMind site is of his 3.5 close, it looked easy!  Congrats!

35 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

If that video on the IronMind site is of his 3.5 close, it looked easy!  Congrats!

Very easy! At 6'10 he is a giant! If he really want's that #4 cert, he will do it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Geralt said:

Cool. @Chez, will you answer the call.  

Ramping up right now for the summer. We will see what I can accomplish. I feel good about this year. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That looked way too easy.  Congrats!

Guy is a monster!  6'10 and 352!

Edited by Mike Rinderle

• Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing
Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 3

Iam 6'1" 222 and Big Carl is just enormous

Very well done big man :rock congrats!

Amazing crush sir!!  💪🏻💪🏻💯

and check out his training schedule..  #3 x 8 then #2.5 x 19!!  Beastly!  

Chez you’re up big guy!! 3.5 will fall for you too my friend!  💪🏻💪🏻

Edited by robertmiller67

14 minutes ago, robertmiller67 said:

Amazing crush sir!!  💪🏻💪🏻💯

and check out his training schedule..  #3 x 8 then #2.5 x 19!!  Beastly!  

Chez you’re up big guy!! 3.5 will fall for you too my friend!  💪🏻💪🏻

Thanks Robert. I'm finally 100% healthy this year so I have no more excuses. The restrictor plate is finally off. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, John McCarter said:

What I like about this thread is how since the beginning of the Certification process for the 3.5, this is the longest amount of time that has gone by between guys getting certified (2015 to 2018, no spread is that long since it began in 2008)

The last fellow was Alan Barch:

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Alan-Barch-Jr.-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3.5-Gripper/

So we go from a 5 foot 9 inch guy with a 50 inch vertical leap (does anyone in the world have a 50 inch vertical leap, and by the way, I believe this fellow!) to a 6 foot 10 inch fellow who was the United Kingdom's Shot Put Champion for 10 consecutive years (no one has ever done that for the UK, and maybe it's never been done in any country).

Both of these guys are pretty incredible. It makes you realize just HOW HARD getting Certified on the 3.5 is. Both Barch and Myerscough are genetic freaks. AND, both Barch and Myerscough trained VERY HARD to get this Certification. I say this not to discourage people, but to emphasize what a real accomplishment it is, and if you get it, you REALLY SHOULD BE PROUD. Sometimes we throw out goals like they are much easier than they are. A 3.5 Cert is big, big, big.

Go for it Chez!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

What I like about this thread is how since the beginning of the Certification process for the 3.5, this is the longest amount of time that has gone by between guys getting certified (2015 to 2018, no spread is that long since it began in 2008)

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Alan-Barch-Jr.-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3.5-Gripper/

So we go from a 5 foot 9 inch guy with a 50 inch vertical leap (does anyone in the world have a 50 inch vertical leap, and by the way, I believe this fellow!) to a 6 foot 10 inch fellow who was the United Kingdom's Shot Put Champion for 10 consecutive years (no one has ever done that for the UK, and maybe it's never been done in any country).

Both of these guys are pretty incredible. It makes you realize just HOW HARD getting Certified on the 3.5 is. Both Barch and Myerscough are genetic freaks. AND, both Barch and Myerscough trained VERY HARD to get this Certification. I say this not to discourage people, but to emphasize what a real accomplishment it is, and if you get it, you REALLY SHOULD BE PROUD. Sometimes we throw out goals like they are much easier than they are. A 3.5 Cert is big, big, big.

Go for it Chez!

Wow. Thank you so much for the encouragement. So many good people in the grip community. It’s a tough cert and it’s been a long road for me battling through injuries but you have my word that I won’t quit until my name is on that list. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Wow. Thank you so much for the encouragement. So many good people in the grip community. It’s a tough cert and it’s been a long road for me battling through injuries but you have my word that I won’t quit until my name is on that list. 

You rock dude. I have faith!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KapMan said:

You rock dude. I have faith!

Thanks buddy. I’ll battle all year to get it.

This is good news. He’s actively gunning for the 4. 

I do not underestimate how hard and long a road it will be to get to the No. 4 but I plan to whole heartedly plow ahead with achieving it.

9 minutes ago, Cannon said:

This is good news. He’s actively gunning for the 4. 

If he really dedicates himself to it, a man of his size and strength can get it done. Would be awesome to see it go down.

5 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

Go for it Chez!

Very well said. Even for freaks, this feat doesn't come overnight!

• Like 1

Weird I've never heard of this guy, has he never done any grip contests? He should do the European championships.