Cannon Blob Run Two

richcottrell

Back from holiday vacation. And now it is time for the sequel... released for the big Christmas holiday!

have they arrived?

• Like 1

Not yet 😀 I imagine the USPS is still congested during the holiday season.

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

Play on words from the movie?

Yes sir

Yes, I now have a legacy blob gym - its amazing - I used a brass wire brush to strip all paint off my half 85, hit it with chalk, and lifted it immediately - good omen for things to come - You get your half from nate's yet?

Edited by Anton.Torrella
  • Like 1

The Cannon Blob Run Two took place a few days before I went away for holidays... my wife was not excited that instead of packing or cleaning the house that I was driving to York....

but a mission is a mission.   I was off to try to hook up some people as well as tonget a half 110 for Living Legends 2019.

I then was a total jerk and took advantage of Nate Brous, and had him cut the bells in half and mail them for me.   Sure I gave him the shipping money, but trust me, that was a pain in the butt that he also did not need before Christmas.

I wanted to try to learn more about this Paint Defect and what the future might hold for the York Legecy dumbbells.  That was part of my motivation to make the journey a second time.

Sadly, while York does own the molds (so all York Legacy’s to date should in theory be the same size), there are no plans to have more manufactured via a different foundry in China.

i thought the reason for the Blobzilla being a York Legecy Dumbbell was accessibility, so this is sad because that ability to buy one now might be in the same “collectible” class as the origional Blobs and USA Blobs.  Tthey too soon might also be overpriced collectables as well.

i hate even thinking about that.

The only good news at due to this paint defect, was that   price blowout; so we now have 8 to 12 more Blobzilla and half 120s out there in the wild.

having just transported these massive bells, I am amazed some guys can pick them up.

• Like 4

Rich, what you and Nate did was not an easy task and if I said I wanted to do it my wife would have looked at me like I was crazy and said "no". Lol. You guys are awesome for doing this and I really appreciate all you two do and have done for the fellow Gripsters out there.

• Like 2

Did you do a 2nd run after Gripmas Rich?

The 130's are still in stock, and you can have a whole dumbbell (two blobs) delivered to your door for <$140. Cheaper if you buy more.

But they are certianly running out. Only sizes left in stock on the website are the following:

• 85s
  • 95s
  • 110s
  • 120s
  • 130-145s

• 5 weeks later...

dave, yes i did make a stupid second trip...
I also think --  in the future-- I will require handwritten letters mailed to my wife's attention saying:

"Dear Mrs. Cottrell,
You should stand tall --and very proud-- of your husband's selfless goodwill he has offered to our small -- yet inclusive -- group of gripsters.
Rest assured, his well meaning deeds have helped a few helpless [and gripless] souls get closer to their own personal higher callings.

We thank Providence for your understanding, as we are all searching for that seemingly unattainable steadfast grip.   Today, we are just a little closer.

Please forgive your husband for neglecting your own homestead for even a single day.  While I feel he was not intentionally overlooking his familial obligations,I can understand your distress.   I think he was attempting to continue the goodwill that GRIP has surely offered himself, as I too have felt its positive influences  on many occasions in my own life.

Needless to say, I too have been touched by this grip community..  While your husband could not Grip a dead fish out of a gold fish tank, he clearly is a loving man.  In our time together he only ever talks about you and the boys.  He is a very lucky man.

Respectfully,
Joe Blow from Grip and Go Idaho "

• Haha 2