ChimpGrip

Hand size limitations?

Squeezus
30 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I have straightened and cleaned up my negative attitude about it. When the important people (the experts and grip monsters on here) tell me it's ok, that's when I know it'll be fine moving forward. 

I do have a question about lifting chalk- I know that it helps dry your hands and improve your grip, and it makes it easier to close grippers (as it doesn't move around in my hand). 

When using chalk, does it make the close "equipped" or is it still just as good as a close without chalk? 

Nobody formally distinguishes between lifts, closes, etc with chalk and without. Given the right environmental conditions, chalk doesn't make all that much difference. It is mainly a friction normalizer.

29 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Can you guys make a custom all black GHP 10 gripper?

I doubt Cannon will do that, but you might find someone on the board or local to you that could anodize one for you.

Joseph Sullivan
46 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I have straightened and cleaned up my negative attitude about it. When the important people (the experts and grip monsters on here) tell me it's ok, that's when I know it'll be fine moving forward. 

I do have a question about lifting chalk- I know that it helps dry your hands and improve your grip, and it makes it easier to close grippers (as it doesn't move around in my hand). 

When using chalk, does it make the close "equipped" or is it still just as good as a close without chalk? 

I can close grippers just as easily Chalked or unchalked. It’s alot more comfortable with chalk. It’s not equipped though.... the chalk isn’t doing the closing.... it’s all you....it’s just making the surface a little more consistent to prevent slippage.... especially while doing more repetitions. It may be different for some.... everyone has a different opinion. 

Fist of Fury

For me chalk only helps with grippers when doing reps and holds, not single max closes. As long as the hand is dry and the handles are clean and have good knurling.

climber511
1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Chalk does not make it "equipped".  Perfectly fine within all the rules.

Paul Savage
19 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Just as good a close, tacky or any kind of glue is definitely not allowed but chalk is totally fine. All it does it make the hands dry, which some already have naturally dry hands, so its just making it the same for everyone.

• Like 1

Cannon
On 1/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Can you guys make a custom all black GHP 10 gripper?

Like spring too?  I think spray paint would be the only way. 

Geralt

I had to chuckle a bit on the magnesium makes easy. Just compare it with sprinting on a laminate floor on your socks compared to doing the same with shoes on. It just improves friction but the the pressure needed for the friction still comes from unaided muscle tension and says nothing on your sprinting ability. I think hand thickness is in fact a more limiting factor than size (as in length of the hand). Thick hands equal mostly thick thumbpads which just lock the backhandle into place which makes a much more sturdy platform. 

Edited by Geralt

Chez

When you sweat as much as I do, chalk is necessary for grippers to ensure a since consistent dry surface 

Joseph Sullivan
11 minutes ago, Chez said:

When you sweat as much as I do, chalk is necessary for grippers to ensure a since consistent dry surface 

After a few reps of anything my hands are totally wet and all chalk is gone. It stinks!