Barrel Strength Trilobite and FBBC Crusher

Tom Flesher

A friend of mine gave me a Barrel Strength 2.5" Trilobite as a gift. I love it so far! I'm curious about a couple of things.

- Is this fundamentally the same product that @Jared Goguen was producing before?

- How does it differ from the 2.5" Crusher that @Andrew P makes? I believe the material is different, but are the lifts essentially translatable from Trilobite to Crusher?

Simple questions but I appreciate any information. Thanks, guys!

I asked this same question to @Squeezus and he said that weight for the two lifts are fairly comparable. 

The Trilobite handle was originally made by Mammoth Grip Tools, which Jared has shut down.  Barrel Strength appears to have picked up the product with no changes.  Trilobite is a hollow aluminum handle that is removable from the spindle and loading pin.  The idea behind that spindle is that you could interchange it with other products.  Like if you wanted other sized handles, you could buy just the handle and use the same spindle.  The Crusher (keep me honest here) is solid steel.  So the implement itself has considerable weight versus the Trilobite.  And I don't believe the handle is removable from the spindle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

I asked this same question to @Squeezus and he said that weight for the two lifts are fairly comparable. 

The Trilobite handle was originally made by Mammoth Grip Tools, which Jared has shut down.  Barrel Strength appears to have picked up the product with no changes.  Trilobite is a hollow aluminum handle that is removable from the spindle and loading pin.  The idea behind that spindle is that you could interchange it with other products.  Like if you wanted other sized handles, you could buy just the handle and use the same spindle.  The Crusher (keep me honest here) is solid steel.  So the implement itself has considerable weight versus the Trilobite.  And I don't believe the handle is removable from the spindle. 

This is correct. I purchased the rights for the Trilobite from Mammoth Grip Tools and am producing the same product. You should be able to lift a similar amount of weight on the Trilobite to a corresponding FBBC Crusher.

• Thanks 1

Cannon is correct the crusher is made of solid steel and comes in around 8 pounds alone. I can't comment on the numbers vs a trobolite as I've not trained with one enough to comment. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cannon is correct the crusher is made of solid steel and comes in around 8 pounds alone. I can't comment on the numbers vs a trobolite as I've not trained with one enough to comment. 

I just touched a Trilobite handle first time this past weekend at Nate's place. He had it on a wall with hooks with other grip equipment and I picked it up way to fast and hard and smacked into the hooks above because I wasn't expecting it to be that light. I knew it was aluminum but I didn't know it was hallow. Its so dam light. I am use to my heavy solid steel crusher handle. 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chez said:

I just touched a Trilobite handle first time this past weekend at Nate's place. He had it on a wall with hooks with other grip equipment and I picked it up way to fast and hard and smacked into the hooks above because I wasn't expecting it to be that light. I knew it was aluminum but I didn't know it was hallow. Its so dam light. I am use to my heavy solid steel crusher handle. 

This happened. We properly made fun of Chez as the trilobite handle went flying.  ;) Good times!

• Like 3