You only thought you were a bender of steel!!!

Martin Gaisser

On 1/24/2019 at 7:00 PM, tselegala said:

I don't mean to stir up any feelings or anything, I know I haven't been on this forum for a decade and a lot might have happened since. I just always thought of Gary as the inspiration back when I was bending seriously. He was my inspiration for pushing through the hard bends. Reading that he was a fraud just really upsets me. Not sure what to think.

I was told by my brother this discussion has come up and I feel the same way. I enjoyed his video's and his advice on isometrics and different kink angles. 

I think railroad spikes are easy to bend.  Heck, I bent a bunch of these rails when I was in my prime (no video, but pic below).  If anyone would like one of them for their wall, just PM me.  You'll have to cover shipping though.  I am also including a pic of the axle I've been cleaning double overhand recently.  I haven't added any weight yet because my elbow is still recovering from the torn tendon.  But watch out once that is healed up.   I'm also working on suddenly developing the writing skills of a PHD in English studies after being found out on sites like the old Benders Battlefield.  Successfully doing this in an instant, after posting like a functional illiterate for over 10 years will be my biggest feat of all.

Yours Truly,

Cletus "Rindo" Rinderle

P.S.  Come at me Fish!  @David_wigren

P.S.S. It is really too bad the Benders Battlefield died and all the content was lost.  If not, this thread would be totally unnecessary as you would have all lived through (or been able to see now) what actually took place.  Oh well.  If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!!!!  Happy Holidays everybody!

Rail1.jpg

prospect-station-1100x704.jpg

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2019 at 7:06 PM, ObsceneJester said:

I was told by my brother this discussion has come up and I feel the same way. I enjoyed his video's and his advice on isometrics and different kink angles. 

Someone can have good advice, good technique, and good training strategies while also being a fraud. I've seen this happen in several communities I'm in. You have to have intimate knowledge of an activity in order to cheat and make it believable, so using his advice is still probably helpful. 

I can't say with 100% certainty that Gazza was fraudulent in a great many of his later ridiculous stainless bends but I feel in my heart that the level he was supposedly at, at his peak is not humanly possible. I bent some fairly ridiculous things myself at the time and it is still beyond my comprehension that someone could bend those things he said he did with the typical stock we had available. I sent him a package of things to bend at one point with him giving me his word ahead of time he would do them on camera to "silence his critics". All things that would have done that including some cut down very hard KOAB stock, 7/16 303 SS and other known FBBC SS bars, etc, etc. The response I got later was he didn't bother to film them when he bent them because they were too easy. His insistence that he would only bend Stainless among other things never has sat well with me.

- Aaron

• Like 5

Indeed. Toward the end Gazza would post some completely outlandish videos of him bending bars way, way beyond what anyone has ever been able to come close to since. The videos of him bending 4” shiny bastard and a 6” SKOAB are not even small potatoes compared to what he would eventually post. All until 2011 where he had a break down and asked us to never talk about him again. A request which I respected for a few years since I considered him almost a friend.

• Like 1

Of course none of Gazza’s bends could ever compare against Cletus the redneck. But that goes without saying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Of course none of Gazza’s bends could ever compare against Cletus the redneck. But that goes without saying. 

This was my favorite Cletus bend.  Snapping a big G8 (5/16) while wearing waders.  Sponsored by Cabelas, Tractor Supply Co., and The US Tobacco Company.  🤣😂  Man those were fun days Wiggy.  Miss em brother.  Only bad thing about this bend is it was starting to go right before the dang thing snapped!  Close to my strongest DO at the time.  Might have gotten it past 90° if it held together.  Those things are loud when they explode.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3

I was never on the level of Aaron, Mike, or David  but I personally can't imagine doing some of those bends.  I just cannot see them as feats that are humanly possible, at least not from my point of view...but this is an old discussion anyways, one I've had with some elite guys above me in the past, and I'm sure plenty other past benders have had this discussion long before now.

Cool vids though.   They have a certain motivational flair about them.

5 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This was my favorite Cletus bend.  Snapping a big G8 (5/16) while wearing waders.  Sponsored by Cabelas, Tractor Supply Co., and The US Tobacco Company.  🤣😂  Man those were fun days Wiggy.  Miss em brother.  Only bad thing about this bend is it was starting to go right before the dang thing snapped!  Close to my strongest DO at the time.  Might have gotten it past 90° if it held together.  Those things are loud when they explode.

Mike, that was one great video!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donc101 said:

Mike, that was one great video!!!

Thanks Don!  The Fish and I used to have some fun battles back in the day.  I miss it.  

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Don!  The Fish and I used to have some fun battles back in the day.  I miss it.  

It must have been a blast to challenge each other. I am sure you two made each other stronger and better. Great stuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

It must have been a blast to challenge each other. I am sure you two made each other stronger and better. Great stuff.

I'm currently dropping weight in order to challenge him in his new sport of pole dancing.

• Haha 3