The Most Famous 375 lbs. Deadlift in History

Hubgeezer

During November, this lift was all over the Internet, hundreds of places, maybe millions of views. Even made it onto Jimmy Kimmel.

I chose the "least offensive" link I could find in terms of comments/posts/etc.

My thoughts are:

1. Many people who did not know what a "Deadlift" is, now know what it is.

2. Many people now know how important "form" is.

3. Even if you make millions, it is hard for some folks to find a good Personal Trainer. Hard to believe he could lift that much with that form without having previously crippled himself. Whoever trained him ought to be fired.

The lift:

https://campussports.net/2017/11/15/donald-trump-jr-deadlift-video/

Thanks for sharing, haven't seen it yet. He say himself, the form was ...

Matches his performance in the White House perfectly.

4 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Matches his performance in the White House perfectly.

He lifted without straps, didn't he? ;)

My thoughts:

• He's a 40 year old guy that just deadlifted over twice his bodyweight.  99% of people walking down the street could not do the same.

• That looked to be right around a true max.  Show me anyone who isn't a pro powerlifter who's form doesn't suffer when pulling their absolute max.  Actually, his form looked better than half the videos on the Youtubes.  

• No matter what you think of the guy (or his dad) I'm all for anyone getting stronger in the greatest lift ever.  "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift!" - Jón Páll Sigmarsson

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

My thoughts:

• He's a 40 year old guy that just deadlifted over twice his bodyweight.  99% of people walking down the street could not do the same.

• That looked to be right around a true max.  Show me anyone who isn't a pro powerlifter who's form doesn't suffer when pulling their absolute max.  Actually, his form looked better than half the videos on the Youtubes.  

• No matter what you think of the guy (or his dad) I'm all for anyone getting stronger in the greatest lift ever.  "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift!" - Jón Páll Sigmarsson

Big Mike, this is the best post of the year on Gripboard. In a tactful manner just gave a bitch slap!!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Big Mike, this is the best post of the year on Gripboard. In a tactful manner just gave a bitch slap!!!!!

100% totally agree! Trumpster gave that His all and locked it out without straps....back was rounded yes.... but hey the rich kid is obviously working his but off. God bless him. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 2:53 PM, Hubgeezer said:

it is hard for some folks to find a good Personal Trainer. Hard to believe he could lift that much with that form without having previously crippled himself. Whoever trained him ought to be fired.

The lift:

KK WR PULL

This guy makes Donnie Jr. Look like he's pulling with a straight back. He should give up the sport.  Never mind that it was one of the greatest DLs in history. ;)

20171226_190258.jpg

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

KK WR PULL

This guy makes Donnie Jr. Look like he's pulling with a straight back. He should give up the sport.  Never mind that it was one of the greatest DLs in history. ;)

20171226_190258.jpg

Dude I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR! It’s ....TREE MENDISS! YUGE!

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR! It’s ....TREE MENDISS! YUGE!

They should call him Donald Trap.  Yuuuuuuge from all the deadlift and row variations he does.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit late to the party on this, but (taking considerations about who he is/his dad is etc. etc. out of the equation) I didn't think the form was that bad for a max - would you want to lift like that all the time? Obviously not, but given he acknowledged that the form broke down I assume his normal lifts are done with a more neutral position.

• Like 1