Has anyone seen this mutant!? I am jealous!

3 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

I competed against him in July. He is not extremely strong (yet) in the axle (145k in the 93k class) but naturally gifted with solid dumbbells. His dad is very strong in thickbar lifting, pulling over 90kg with the notoriously difficult LGC handle.

Oscar is also (at the age of 15) currently ranked #9 (NAGS) in the 93k class in grippers (20mm block set). Impressive to say the least.

I believe Håkan has the WR on the LGC handle right? 93.15 kg, tied with @Biffmaister I'm not sure if anyone has lifted more with this handle?

Anyway, there's a very good chance Oscar will beat that record in the future.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:21 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Well.... his grip just might be if Hafthor couldn’t do it. I lifted the inch after 3rd time seeing it... broke it off the floor 1st time tried. I have never seen another video of Hafthor lifting it other than with 2 hands for an overhead press. Hard to say I guess. I saw the video you are talking about of the 17 year old... it was a black kid.

I found a clip on Hafthor's Facebook where he easily clean and jerk 145KG on the axle (around 319 pounds). Other people who lift the Inch can not do the same. This shows his super grip. I thick he has wide hands and can't properly grip it. This happened to one armwrestler when they did baby inch holds for time and one of the best grips there couldn't because his hands are wider than the inch handles. @Kashtan know who he is I think?

Edited by Alawadhi

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

I found a clip on Hafthor's Facebook where he easily clean and jerk 145KG on the axle (around 319 pounds). Other people who lift the Inch can not do the same. This shows his super grip. I thick he has wide hands and can't properly grip it. This happened to one armwrestler when they did baby inch holds for time and one of the best grips there couldn't because his hands are wider than the inch handles. @Kashtan know who he is I think?

That was impressive. I’m so tired of seeing axle cleans with mixed grip! At least he did it double overhand! He did it very beautifully! 

12 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Maybe Andrey Pushkar you mean? His hands a huge. 

Yes I think it's him!

On 12/12/2017 at 11:29 PM, Kashtan said:

Maybe Andrey Pushkar you mean? His hands a huge. 

Must be the same deal for Hafthor, to big hands. I can’t imagine either Hafthor or Pushkar having any trouble lifting the inch.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Must be the same deal for Hafthor, to big hands. I can’t imagine either Hafthor or Pushkar having any trouble lifting the inch.

That’s exactly right!