2 3/8" axle

Andrew Dube

I welded one up yesterday and gave it a try. I was pulling for sets of five but I would estimate my 1RM around 250-260 which would be about 75% of what I lift on a 2" axle. Curious what others pull relative to their 2" axle. I believe @Andrew P had a cool graph comparing his crusher numbers?

image.png.27b22ef5d946efdbb4bef55b1d0c6a44.png

The average 2.375" axle pull was ~86% of the athletes 2" axle. 

• Like 1

@Andrew P Thanks Andrew! This is exactly what I was looking for. Maybe I will get closer to 85% when I test my 1RM or after some more practice with it. I'm planning to use the bigger axle through the winter. 

Ive pulled 301 on the 2 3/8" axle with a 353 on the 2" so I fall in the norm at 85%. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

I welded one up yesterday and gave it a try. I was pulling for sets of five but I would estimate my 1RM around 250-260 which would be about 75% of what I lift on a 2" axle. Curious what others pull relative to their 2" axle. I believe @Andrew P had a cool graph comparing his crusher numbers?

Wheres mine?

30 minutes ago, Rob McMurren said:

Wheres mine?

I thought you were still honeymooning with the Saxon bar?

7 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

I can pull around 310 on a 2 3/8 inch axle and have gone as high as 360 on a 2 inch. Haven’t done axle since August.

I would expect the average to be around 85%. Not sure if anybody else has noticed but 2 is 84.2% of 2 3/8.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I would expect the average to be around 85%. Not sure if anybody else has noticed but 2 is 84.2% of 2 3/8.

Math is power

• Like 3

Actually tested my max on 2 3/8" this Sunday. Pulled an easy 280 from a 3" deficit and got 290 to my knees. Puts me right at 85%. With the Winter Freeze contest coming up I won't say what Rob pulled...

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Actually tested my max on 2 3/8" this Sunday. Pulled an easy 280 from a 3" deficit and got 290 to my knees. Puts me right at 85%. With the Winter Freeze contest coming up I won't say what Rob pulled...

I got 302 an got 312 to my knees with the 2 3/8 axle after a long lay off of axle deads. That would put me at about 355 with a 2 inch which is about right I would say. Cool formula!

I'm curious to see if this event takes off. I'll also have one at gripmas for guys to try out. 

• Like 1