Sledge Coin Lift 8lb

Bill Piche

Sledge coin lift 8lb  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Sledge coin lift 8lb

• Pass
    • Fail

Sledge Deadlift

1.  Weight of the Sledge must be shown on camera.  This can be done by showing the stamp on the head by the manufacture, or by weighing the hammer on a scale if there is no stamp.  In the case that there is no stamp, the entire sledge must be weighed and be at least 1 lb heavier than the stated weight.

2.  The handle of the sledgehammer must be at least 30", measured from the end of the handle to where it meets the sledge head.

3.  Lifter places the sledge on the ground with the head vertical, and a quarter is placed on the contact point of the sledge head that points up.

4.  Lifter grips the handle at the very end, so that no part of the handle juts beyond the edge of the hand.

5.  The lifter must lift the entire sledge hammer off the ground to a lockout position, locking out the knees, hips and shoulder of the lifting hand.  Lifter must then return the hammer to the ground.  The coin must remain on the head of the hammer from lift-off, to lockout, and until the sledgehammer head contacts the ground.  At no point may it slip off, until the head contacts the floor.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Awesome job brother!

Thanks for watching!! I know you have incredible sledgehammer skills!!

• Like 1

Just now, WestSlope said:

Nicely locked out! I voted yes for the lift, but it may be negated with the "not so sure" vote for the pajamas....

Funny that you said that. When I first started grip/socia media  I would show my wife and she would always inform me that I was wearing PJ's and I told her that nobody would notice, LOL I Thank you for the compliment and once again great job kicking butt at KK'17

On 11/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, Wannagrip said:

Sledge Deadlift

1.  Weight of the Sledge must be shown on camera.  This can be done by showing the stamp on the head by the manufacture, or by weighing the hammer on a scale if there is no stamp.  In the case that there is no stamp, the entire sledge must be weighed and be at least 1 lb heavier than the stated weight.

2.  The handle of the sledgehammer must be at least 30", measured from the end of the handle to where it meets the sledge head.

3.  Lifter places the sledge on the ground with the head vertical, and a quarter is placed on the contact point of the sledge head that points up.

4.  Lifter grips the handle at the very end, so that no part of the handle juts beyond the edge of the hand.

5.  The lifter must lift the entire sledge hammer off the ground to a lockout position, locking out the knees, hips and shoulder of the lifting hand.  Lifter must then return the hammer to the ground.  The coin must remain on the head of the hammer from lift-off, to lockout, and until the sledgehammer head contacts the ground.  At no point may it slip off, until the head contacts the floor.

100% without a doubt! PAAAAASSSSS

On 11/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, Wannagrip said:

Sledge Deadlift

Dude... I gotta say..... those pajama bottoms must have given you the bulletproof wrist strength to do that!

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude... I gotta say..... those pajama bottoms must have given you the bulletproof wrist strength to do that!

Pajama Power brother!!

Over 200 views and only 13 votes? 

29 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Haters gonna hate!

Never thought from that angle..  I have blocked or unfollowed some closet haters but that shouldn't be a factor in this voting process:)

10 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Never thought from that angle..  I have blocked or unfollowed some closet haters but that shouldn't be a factor in this voting process:)

Dude I just don’t get why people hate. We are all doing something we love and I get motivation from seeing things that I can’t do. Makes me strive to reach and surpass! Says a lot about a mans character when he hates on someone’s achievements because he can’t do better. To me, that is not a true sportsman! Give ther credit where it’s due and work your butt off to reach it!

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I just don’t get why people hate. We are all doing something we love and I get motivation from seeing things that I can’t do. Makes me strive to reach and surpass! Says a lot about a mans character when he hates on someone’s achievements because he can’t do better. To me, that is not a true sportsman! Give ther credit where it’s due and work your butt off to reach it!

I have never encountered any haters on the Gripboard. Maybe just indifferent and different tastes in various lifts. However, on social media- yikes closet haters abundant, LOL Have a good one big Joe

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Donc101 said:

Good job man, lots of wrist strength! I just voted.

Donc101-You have massive wrist strength your compliment is truly appreciated

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I have never encountered any haters on the Gripboard. Maybe just indifferent and different tastes in various lifts. However, on social media- yikes closet haters abundant, LOL Have a good one big Joe

Yes social media is what I mean . They anonymously hate like mad!

Guys, long term Gripboard member who does not post much anymore here.

No one is hating on any of you.

Lack of participation on voting on videos has always been an issue on Gripboard and always will be.

People aren't hate filled, they're just lazy.

I voted for you, good wrist strength dude.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Lack of participation on voting on videos has always been an issue on Gripboard and always will be.

Then why have these features if people are going to be lazy. 

16 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Thanks and well described.  I wasn't implying any hate just curious about 200 views and only 13 votes as this was my first "feat" judging submission. Have a good one

Great work!!!

Edited by VancouverGripper
Type the wrong thing!
  • Like 1