Jump to content

Hand sizes?


Alawadhi

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

6'4" ish.  7 3/4" long.  9 3/4" span stretched on countertop.  9" thumb to middle finger.

Dude you’re hand from wrist to middle finger is less than 8 inches? Really? Wow I never would have thought that in a million years! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • IvankoGripper

    12

  • Alawadhi

    9

  • Lucasraymond

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy to prove - show up at a contest. 

Hand span is a product of finger/thumb length combined with hand flexibility and can be improved upon by stretching. I think this is one of the reasons Daniel Reinard was able to do so much incredible

You have a lot of controversial posts that you respond by saying "its common sense" or "not complicated" but I guess your understanding of grip and everyone else's is a little different than people th

Posted Images

Mike Rinderle
4 hours ago, IvankoGripper said:

My body ^ speaks for itself.  I don't need virtual approval or acceptance.  Every goddam day I see how much larger or more muscular I am than 90% of the world and THAT is all I need.  The internet or even the world for that matter is largely a bunch a punks who can't approach me in strength or size.

Anybody that lifts fairly regularly for a year or two will be "more muscular" and stronger than the 90% of the schlepps walking down the street.  While I'm happy for you being so pleased with your body, I'm not sure that qualifies you as an expert (or even strong for that matter).  The way to get recognized for being big and strong is to show how big and strong you are; not by telling people how big and strong you are.

And remember, "there's always somebody stronger than you are" is a statement true for all 7.6 billion of us, minus one.  And brother, you ain't him.

My advice, take it or leave it, is more proof and less talk.  I wish you well in your pursuit.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
Fixed a gramatical error.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
23 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude you’re hand from wrist to middle finger is less than 8 inches? Really? Wow I never would have thought that in a million years! 

Trump hands

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Trump hands

But I'm hoping they get really muscular and ripped from all this grip training.  :laugh:rolleyes

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

But I'm hoping they get really muscular and ripped from all this grip training.  :laugh:rolleyes

Hahahaha trump hands! Well you can be like ivanko gripper and increase your thickness!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm....my hand size seems pretty odd compared to you guys 

8 1/8” with a span of......8 1/8”?! lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Slender width.Good length. 

Well, at least I have one thing good! Is that strange to have a span that small? Seems pretty out of wack compared to other people’s stats in here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Booze said:

Well, at least I have one thing good! Is that strange to have a span that small? Seems pretty out of wack compared to other people’s stats in here. 

Yea most have a 9 inch span. Seems the average span of men no matter their size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

How wide is your palm?  Mine is about 4.25" at its widest.  Sometimes it is a narrow palm, but it could be that you aren't able to spread your fingers out as wide due to your particular hand physiology.  End of the day, I'd take longer length over greater span.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

How wide is your palm?  Mine is about 4.25" at its widest.  Sometimes it is a narrow palm, but it could be that you aren't able to spread your fingers out as wide due to your particular hand physiology.  End of the day, I'd take longer length over greater span.

No doubt Michael!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

How wide is your palm?  Mine is about 4.25" at its widest.  Sometimes it is a narrow palm, but it could be that you aren't able to spread your fingers out as wide due to your particular hand physiology.  End of the day, I'd take longer length over greater span.

It looks to be about 3 1/2 or so. Considering that all I’m really into right now is grippers (I’m a newbie to all of this), I guess I’ll take the length and run!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yea most have a 9 inch span. Seems the average span of men no matter their size.

The more I stare at my hands now, they do look kind of long and skinny lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 8:27 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Haha. Don’t mean a thing if they got the strength to back me up!

Well I have a ways to go on that part haha, so for now I’ll just have to deal with apparently having alien hands  :alien:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

So this is how my hands thickened. It wasn't like that in the past. Not muscular but noticeable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Alawadhi

Seems the bones on the hands gets thicker than the muscles/tendons/whatsoever. Look at this mans hand at around one minutes. That's thick from Iron Hand training. I bet he wasn't even close to being like that. I hate to get hit by him :laugh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
climber511

59 years of general weight lifting.  34 years of rock climbing.  Around 50 years of construction type work.  15 years of grip sport.  It doesn't seem to me that my hands have thickened in any noticeable way.  My two cents is that is is tied closely to body weight gain.  If you get bigger all over - so will your hands.  Of course there are exceptions to this of any other opinion.  Thickness doesn't really seem to be a good indicator of hand strength either.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

Nothing happened to my hands until I did RRBT. After that they became thick. It was like I gained 50 kg in weight but in reality I didn't gain any weight at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
climber511
8 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nothing happened to my hands until I did RRBT. After that they became thick. It was like I gained 50 kg in weight but in reality I didn't gain any weight at all.

I have never trained grippers very much (like almost not at all) - maybe that's why my hands haven't changed any???

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
Just now, climber511 said:

I have never trained grippers very much (like almost not at all) - maybe that's why my hands haven't changed any???

Might be the case man. Thenar muscles gets really good training with grippers. Especially if you do serious volume.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

My thenar muscles really blew up around the time I hit puberty.  Eye sight went bad about the same time.  Just sayin.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Martin Gaisser

6’2” 8” length 9 1/4” span 9” thumb to middle finger 4” palm. 

Only size difference I ever noticed was after I started training with grippers and doing the KTA program.  My wrist, thumb pad and the thickness of my palm increased some.  My knuckles got a little bigger too because my wedding band wouldn’t even come close to going on.  My overall fingers didn’t gain any size though.  I’ve got skinny coke bottle shaped fingers.  I was pretty surprised because I’ve done commercial roofing and most all of the related sheet metal work since I was 13.  I would have thought that cutting through the miles of 24-16 gauge sheet metal with aviation snips that my hands wouldn’t have gotten any bigger.  

I had some similar issues at puberty too Mike.  My eyesight didn’t get bad but I did become ambidextrous.  Lol  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
9 minutes ago, Martin Gaisser said:

6’2” 8” length 9 1/4” span 9” thumb to middle finger 4” palm. 

Only size difference I ever noticed was after I started training with grippers and doing the KTA program.  My wrist, thumb pad and the thickness of my palm increased some.  My knuckles got a little bigger too because my wedding band wouldn’t even come close to going on.  My overall fingers didn’t gain any size though.  I’ve got skinny coke bottle shaped fingers.  I was pretty surprised because I’ve done commercial roofing and most all of the related sheet metal work since I was 13.  I would have thought that cutting through the miles of 24-16 gauge sheet metal with aviation snips that my hands wouldn’t have gotten any bigger.  

I had some similar issues at puberty too Mike.  My eyesight didn’t get bad but I did become ambidextrous.  Lol  

 

Gotta play the field.  Can't date just one girl at that age.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.