Hand sizes?

Alawadhi

2 hours ago, IvankoGripper said:

I totally disagree with you.  Each fingers has in effect a sort of "bicep" which bends the finger. Depending on the fiber type of muscle a person has in their hands these muscles will hypertrophy. 

1121_Intrinsic_Muscles_of_the_Hand.jpg

The fingers themselves have no muscle.... only tendon. I am a PTA bro. You are showing on between the metacarpals and thumb/palm. I told you the fingers have no muscles. The thumb is not a finger.

2 hours ago, IvankoGripper said:

I totally disagree with you.  Each fingers has in effect a sort of "bicep" which bends the finger. Depending on the fiber type of muscle a person has in their hands these muscles will hypertrophy. 

1121_Intrinsic_Muscles_of_the_Hand.jpg

There is no muscle in any of those photos you posted of the fingers brother. Just tendon. The muscle is in the forearms to bend and extend the fingers and in the palm and thumb pad. Basic anatomy will tell you this. Those long bones with the muscles attached to the actual phalanges (fingers) are metacarpals.

Most people I’ve encountered wonder if there finger size will increase (girth). The tendons of the fingers will thicken.... but very slowly. The palms of course will thicken as well as the thenar and hypothenar emmanace.

24 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Most people I’ve encountered wonder if there finger size will increase (girth). The tendons of the fingers will thicken.... but very slowly. The palms of course will thicken as well as the thenar and hypothenar emmanace.

I have a friend who started climbing when he was 6 years old now 26 and has some insane sausage fingers from tendon and ligament development. You're exactly right it takes a real long time for tendons to grow in size or strength, part of why finger injuries are so common in climbing. 

Don’t really have much to contribute here, but I have long slender fingers which seems odd considering I have been rock climbing for 13 years. Most of my climbing friends have thick fingers 

As far hand/finger thickening its no different  as I said earlier than the arms or legs, etc..  Some people exhibit muscular hypertrophy as a result of strength training (e.g., pro bb'ers represent the extreme) and some people don't (e.g., Bob Peoples).  Peoples dl'ed FOUR freakin' times his weight yet had stick arms and chicken legs.  I can't dl 500x3 yet as you can see I have 30" thighs.  Its where my body is the most hypertrophically responsive.   My arms....nowhere near as responsive.  Not even close.

Edited by IvankoGripper

The lumbricals and interossei muscles dont really show a lot of muscle hypertrophy....Jedd who has been gripping longer and more often than 99% of the people on here doesn't have a significant change in hand size. The thenar and hypothenar eminence is definitely a different story but there is more of a genetic predisposition for size but you can increase the overall volume of muscle. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

The lumbricals and interossei muscles dont really show a lot of muscle hypertrophy....Jedd who has been gripping longer and more often than 99% of the people on here doesn't have a significant change in hand size. The thenar and hypothenar eminence is definitely a different story but there is more of a genetic predisposition for size but you can increase the overall volume of muscle. 

Plus one on that Luke! I tried explaining that to a few.

22 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Yes it might be genetics. Some more than the others. My hands are much different now. But I used to do Iron Palms/Hands in the past.

Edit: For some reasons the photo's I uploaded isn't uploading it seems. Lemme download it in my gallery and see.

Edited by Alawadhi

@Wannagrip I also tried uploading them in my gallery but it doesn't accept. It says

This page isn’t working

www.gripboard.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

My entire forearm AND hands have thickened since beginning intense grip training. 

What have you used to quantify the hand size/thickness difference?

My eyes & pics from a few years ago.  This ain't anything THAT complicated. 

• Like 1

Have you done any AW specific training? And what does your " intense grip training" consist of? Any plans on competing in grip?

You have a lot of controversial posts that you respond by saying "its common sense" or "not complicated" but I guess your understanding of grip and everyone else's is a little different than people that have been doing it for a long time and some of which have a much more in depth understanding of anatomy/physiology and kinesiology/physics. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

You have a lot of controversial posts that you respond by saying "its common sense" or "not complicated" but I guess your understanding of grip and everyone else's is a little different than people that have been doing it for a long time and some of which have a much more in depth understanding of anatomy/physiology and kinesiology/physics. 

I gave up on him a while back Luke - might be best if we all did.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Plus one 

5 minutes ago, IvankoGripper said:

My body ^ speaks for itself.  I don't need virtual approval or acceptance.  Every goddam day I see how much larger or more muscular I am than 90% of the world and THAT is all I need.  The internet or even the world for that matter is largely a bunch a punks who can't approach me in strength or size.

Easy to prove - show up at a contest. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, IvankoGripper said:

My body ^ speaks for itself.  I don't need virtual approval or acceptance.  Every goddam day I see how much larger or more muscular I am than 90% of the world and THAT is all I need.  The internet or even the world for that matter is largely a bunch a punks who can't approach me in strength or size.

Hey brother. You seem like a decent dude that’s proud of his strength and accomplishments. That is a great thing. There are a lot of people here that are very knowledgeable in anatomy and the mechanics of grip. It is a great resource to have the advice we can get. I think it gets funny when people don’t take the advice and answers they receive on a given subject they are asking about . Luke is a PT. so his advice is sound. I am also in that field.... so any anatomy advice you get will most likely be sound. Just a thought. Take it as you will and brush it off. In this world of strength if you don’t have a video of your lifts or a competition record you will not be recognized as  much as you like. The old adage is put up or shut up in this age.Have a great day man.

Edited by Guest
Spellibg

Size means nothing if there is nothing behind it; until you throw some actual numbers up in a contest or credible witness your just the "punk" that is wasting all of our time.

• Like 2

I'd be happy to have a grip-off or an armwrestling supermatch for a wager. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I'd be happy to have a grip-off or an armwrestling supermatch for a wager. 

I'll sponsor this competition

• Like 1

6'4" ish.  7 3/4" long.  9 3/4" span stretched on countertop.  9" thumb to middle finger.