Race to a 500 lb DO DL

Mike Rinderle

Was only able to get 455 the other night...have the video on my phone but tried 465 and was a no go. It is always my LH that fails. 

14 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Was only able to get 455 the other night...have the video on my phone but tried 465 and was a no go. It is always my LH that fails. 

Me too.  I found that moving my left hand out a couple inches shifts 10-20 lbs over to my right hand and I can pull about that much more.

I do that on the axle...problem is when deadlifting sumo half of my hand is on the non-knurling section

23 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I do that on the axle...problem is when deadlifting sumo half of my hand is on the non-knurling section

Keep your right hand where it normally is (half on and half off).  Just move your left out a couple inches where its all the way on the knurling.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Monster pull💪

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!  Felt good.  Climbing slowly but surely.  Mostly because I'm old and I can't do anything fast anymore.  :laugh:blush

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎18‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:28 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

Sure.  I'm shooting for 400 by Nationals. 

400 axle seems much harder to me than 500 DO regular bar.

6 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Anything that happens in this thread going forward is moot.

700 lb DO no hook

That 700 DO lift is very strong. But it seems to me that the bar isn't 100% straight. This could make a big difference for the required grip strength.

9 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

700 lb DO no hook

Thanks for sharing- that man is effing strong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

400 axle seems much harder to me than 500 DO regular bar.

Agreed.  I'm closing in on 500 oly faster than 400 axle.  480+ vs 360+.  I just want to get both this year before I turn 51.

7 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks for sharing- that man is effing strong

He's a beast.  All of his videos are pretty awesome. 

3 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

That 700 DO lift is very strong. But it seems to me that the bar isn't 100% straight. This could make a big difference for the required grip strength.

Looks like it might have a slight bend.  Tough to tell.  Phone cameras sometimes make them look like that with the fish eye effect.  I agree that a slight bend would definitely help some because it would lessen the spin.  Probably help at least 50 lbs.  Again though, tough to tell from a video.  Even if it is, I'm not going to be the one that says anything to that man mountain.  :laugh

You should Deadlift Lockouts from the top rack position.  Go for 5 sec holds. Only use 50-100pds over your max weight.  Partial Deads too from knee level to work the lockout position in the dead too.

Do a couple of sets of lockouts before you do floor regular deads, they will over excite your nervous system and the weight will come off better from the floor.

17 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

700 lb DO no hook

Damn I saw this over a year ago and figured it was hook grip. That's insane! Puts my 505 to shame :blink

• Like 1