Race to a 500 lb DO DL

Mike Rinderle

Anybody want to race to a 500 lbs. DO DL?

Tried it today after my normal deadlift session and got 450.  Fresh, I'm probably good for a little bit more.  Always wanted to do 500 DO, so hoping somebody near where I am weight wise wants to push me.

Only rules: DO, no hook, gotta lock it out, and can't drop the bar.

450 DO

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Anybody want to race to a 500 lbs. DO DL?

Tried it today after my normal deadlift session and got 450.  Fresh, I'm probably good for a little bit more.  Always wanted to do 500 DO, so hoping somebody near where I am weight wise wants to push me.

Only rules: DO, no hook, gotta lock it out, and can't drop the bar.

450 DO

You and I very close on DO axle - how about race to 396? Might take a year or two  for me depending on how my back and right hamstring behave

Edited by Kluv#0

Sure.  I'm shooting for 400 by Nationals. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Sure.  I'm shooting for 400 by Nationals. 

Cool. Iam at the start of a fat gripz extreme DL program. I will share where Iam at on the axle at the conclusion of program- another 5 weeks

Go get it boys! I’ve never tried a double overhand standard bar deadlift. Most I’ve done mixed grip was a little over 700 pre back and neck surgery. Pulled 630 in comp. Haven’t done any deadlifts outside of an axle since then.

Most ive done DO regular was 505.  Axle was 370.

i had to drop lifting due to being battered up and couldnt handle the pain anymore.

Ya’ll be safe and good luck.

• Like 2

Rindo I have done 455 DO and 363 on IM axle so we are farely close. I'll do a re-test here sometime soon to figure out where I am at. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Rindo I have done 455 DO and 363 on IM axle so we are farely close. I'll do a re-test here sometime soon to figure out where I am at. 

You BEAST!

13 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Awesome.  I'll test fresh myself.

2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Ok, ran out and tried these at lunch today.  Got 460.  475 peeled my hands open obove the knees twice.  I'll test axle later this week.

I'm a sumo puller, so does that even count as a deadlift? :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Of course. Its the best type of deadlift.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Of course. Its the best type of deadlift.

It is the easiest due to shorter pull distance and is less back and more hips. Conventional is much harder.

23 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It is the easiest due to shorter pull distance and is less back and more hips. Conventional is much harder.

All depends on individual leverages and strengths.  Conventional is much easier for me than sumo.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

Let me check with the Federation's board...

Approved.  :D

Testing grip, not deadlift form.  Conventional.  Sumo.  Raw.  Equipped.  Tested.  Non tested. Van Damme splits. SLD.  Romanian.  One legged.  All good.  Just have to DO it to lockout and back to the floor.  

I wish my sumo was stronger.  Always lags my conventional.  Gets close when I throw a suit on.  Guess my surgically repaired back is stronger than my arthritic hips.  :blush

• Like 1

HAHAHA...how is the shoulder doing?

1 minute ago, Lucasraymond said:

HAHAHA...how is the shoulder doing?

Hurts but bearable.  This cortisone injection didn't work as well as the first.  No pressing or curling.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

For anyone interested in the difference, Greg always has the best articles. I also sumo though I'm working on my conventional too. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Let me check with the Federation's board...

Approved.  :D

Testing grip, not deadlift form.  Conventional.  Sumo.  Raw.  Equipped.  Tested.  Non tested. Van Damme splits. SLD.  Romanian.  One legged.  All good.  Just have to DO it to lockout and back to the floor.  

I wish my sumo was stronger.  Always lags my conventional.  Gets close when I throw a suit on.  Guess my surgically repaired back is stronger than my arthritic hips.  :blush

Your height is better suited for conventional.That’s why I pull conventional. Not always they case but seems common

I have short legs, long torso and short arms so I feel very uncomfortable in conventional (max 475) versus sumo (545). 

5 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I have short legs, long torso and short arms so I feel very uncomfortable in conventional (max 475) versus sumo (545). 

Exactly.... perfect your you! I am the same height as Rindo. Sumo never worked for me. Conventional suits me.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dube said:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

For anyone interested in the difference, Greg always has the best articles. I also sumo though I'm working on my conventional too. 

That is a great article that breaks the ideas/misconceptions of a lot of people. 

• Like 1