Jump to content
Mike Rinderle

Race to a 500 lb DO DL

Recommended Posts

Mike Rinderle

Anybody want to race to a 500 lbs. DO DL?

Tried it today after my normal deadlift session and got 450.  Fresh, I'm probably good for a little bit more.  Always wanted to do 500 DO, so hoping somebody near where I am weight wise wants to push me.

Only rules: DO, no hook, gotta lock it out, and can't drop the bar.

450 DO

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
39 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Anybody want to race to a 500 lbs. DO DL?

Tried it today after my normal deadlift session and got 450.  Fresh, I'm probably good for a little bit more.  Always wanted to do 500 DO, so hoping somebody near where I am weight wise wants to push me.

Only rules: DO, no hook, gotta lock it out, and can't drop the bar.

450 DO

You and I very close on DO axle - how about race to 396? Might take a year or two  for me depending on how my back and right hamstring behave

Edited by Kluv#0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

Sure.  I'm shooting for 400 by Nationals. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
46 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Sure.  I'm shooting for 400 by Nationals. 

Cool. Iam at the start of a fat gripz extreme DL program. I will share where Iam at on the axle at the conclusion of program- another 5 weeks

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Go get it boys! I’ve never tried a double overhand standard bar deadlift. Most I’ve done mixed grip was a little over 700 pre back and neck surgery. Pulled 630 in comp. Haven’t done any deadlifts outside of an axle since then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan

Most ive done DO regular was 505.  Axle was 370.

i had to drop lifting due to being battered up and couldnt handle the pain anymore.

Ya’ll be safe and good luck.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

Rindo I have done 455 DO and 363 on IM axle so we are farely close. I'll do a re-test here sometime soon to figure out where I am at. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
2 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Rindo I have done 455 DO and 363 on IM axle so we are farely close. I'll do a re-test here sometime soon to figure out where I am at. 

You BEAST!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
13 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Rindo I have done 455 DO and 363 on IM axle so we are farely close. I'll do a re-test here sometime soon to figure out where I am at. 

Awesome.  I'll test fresh myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
2 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

Rindo I have done 455 DO and 363 on IM axle so we are farely close. I'll do a re-test here sometime soon to figure out where I am at. 

Ok, ran out and tried these at lunch today.  Got 460.  475 peeled my hands open obove the knees twice.  I'll test axle later this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle

No video - didn't happen, so here's the footage.  Thanks to @Shoggoth for the Canada Toque power!

460 & 475 DO Attempts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth
1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

No video - didn't happen, so here's the footage.  Thanks to @Shoggoth for the Canada Toque power!

460 & 475 DO Attempts

Hell yeah! Utilize the force of your inner tobogganeer!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

I'm a sumo puller, so does that even count as a deadlift? :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
27 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I'm a sumo puller, so does that even count as a deadlift? :D

Of course. Its the best type of deadlift.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
19 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Of course. Its the best type of deadlift.

It is the easiest due to shorter pull distance and is less back and more hips. Conventional is much harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
23 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It is the easiest due to shorter pull distance and is less back and more hips. Conventional is much harder.

All depends on individual leverages and strengths.  Conventional is much easier for me than sumo.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 hour ago, Lucasraymond said:

I'm a sumo puller, so does that even count as a deadlift? :D

Let me check with the Federation's board...

Approved.  :D

Testing grip, not deadlift form.  Conventional.  Sumo.  Raw.  Equipped.  Tested.  Non tested. Van Damme splits. SLD.  Romanian.  One legged.  All good.  Just have to DO it to lockout and back to the floor.  

I wish my sumo was stronger.  Always lags my conventional.  Gets close when I throw a suit on.  Guess my surgically repaired back is stronger than my arthritic hips.  :blush

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

HAHAHA...how is the shoulder doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Rinderle
1 minute ago, Lucasraymond said:

HAHAHA...how is the shoulder doing?

Hurts but bearable.  This cortisone injection didn't work as well as the first.  No pressing or curling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew Dube

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

For anyone interested in the difference, Greg always has the best articles. I also sumo though I'm working on my conventional too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
56 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

All depends on individual leverages and strengths.  Conventional is much easier for me than sumo.  

Yes that is a good point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
49 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Let me check with the Federation's board...

Approved.  :D

Testing grip, not deadlift form.  Conventional.  Sumo.  Raw.  Equipped.  Tested.  Non tested. Van Damme splits. SLD.  Romanian.  One legged.  All good.  Just have to DO it to lockout and back to the floor.  

I wish my sumo was stronger.  Always lags my conventional.  Gets close when I throw a suit on.  Guess my surgically repaired back is stronger than my arthritic hips.  :blush

Your height is better suited for conventional.That’s why I pull conventional. Not always they case but seems common

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

I have short legs, long torso and short arms so I feel very uncomfortable in conventional (max 475) versus sumo (545). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
5 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I have short legs, long torso and short arms so I feel very uncomfortable in conventional (max 475) versus sumo (545). 

Exactly.... perfect your you! I am the same height as Rindo. Sumo never worked for me. Conventional suits me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond
1 hour ago, Andrew Dube said:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

For anyone interested in the difference, Greg always has the best articles. I also sumo though I'm working on my conventional too. 

That is a great article that breaks the ideas/misconceptions of a lot of people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.