5" Bull Ring - 55.0lbs - New World Record

Squeezus

I feel sorry for the ass you squeeze.

How often you hit this device? Do you do it when you hub? 

Edited by KapMan

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

How often you hit this device? 

Once

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KapMan said:

I feel sorry for the ass you squeeze.

How often you hit this device? Do you do it when you hub? 

@anwnate is right, this was my first time using the device.

7 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

@anwnate is right, this was my first time using the device.

I know you don't want to divulge all your secrets, but I'd love to see a general outline of your training Gil, you're seriously the man.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shatterer said:

I know you don't want to divulge all your secrets, but I'd love to see a general outline of your training Gil, you're seriously the man.

Here's a couple secrets for you, I haven't trained any sort of hub since King Kong '16 when I trained for the shallow hub. I only pinch the Flask, Blobs, and a really thin block (to train for pinching calibrated plates). There is tremendous carryover for me for block pinching and hubs. I am taking it easy right now with my training, but I was pinching on the Flask 2x/week and blobs 1x/week.

And thank you. :)

Edited by Squeezus
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Here's a couple secrets for you, I haven't trained any sort of hub since King Kong '16 when I trained for the shallow hub. I only pinch the Flask, Blobs, and a really thin block (to train for pinching calibrated plates). There is tremendous carryover for me for block pinching and hubs. I am taking it easy right now with my training, but I was pinching on the Flask 2x/week and blobs 1x/week.

And thank you. :)

Thanks for the insight! Good to see you working with bells too. After you crush the SFG cert you should compete in the Tactical Strength Challenge, you are strong in all those events.

• Like 1

That is a nice pull regardless of finger/thumb placements. Not knocking your lifts or other hub lifts but had about 10 people ask me yesterday what I thought you could pull if you started your fingers not doorknob style but as a tripod(IM such as below) - I will be curious to see how long you can hold onto 40lbs with the doorknob style thumb sideways style

IronMind Hub

3 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is a nice pull regardless of finger/thumb placements. Not knocking your lifts or other hub lifts but had about 10 people ask me yesterday what I thought you could pull if you started your fingers not doorknob style but as a tripod(IM such as below) - I will be curious to see how long you can hold onto 40lbs with the doorknob style thumb sideways style

IronMind Hub

If you look closely, my finger positioning fully adheres to IM and Horne rules at the commencement of the lift. My setup is slightly different in that I take the stretch out of my skin, but the beginning of the lift is perfectly legal and definitely not "doorknob style", which is grasping the hub like a v-bar. Doorknob style is different from what I am doing and not legal for Horne or IM.

Furthermore, I created another thread challenging anyone to lift any of the more common hubs with basically any style they wish, and no one came forward with a record breaking performance. To me this indicates that it makes no functional difference among elite lifters.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

If you look closely, my finger positioning fully adheres to IM and Horne rules at the commencement of the lift. My setup is slightly different in that I take the stretch out of my skin, but the beginning of the lift is perfectly legal and definitely not "doorknob style", which is grasping the hub like a v-bar. Doorknob style is different from what I am doing and not legal for Horne or IM.

Furthermore, I created another thread challenging anyone to lift any of the more common hubs with basically any style they wish, and no one came forward with a record breaking performance. To me this indicates that it makes no functional difference among elite lifters.

Good points but what you can pull with fingers starting in tripod position. I have only seen Jared and John McCarter use your style both very good hubbers. Basically, Iam asking how much difference there is between the two styles- if there is a big difference I would switch to your style and share that with others. Fingers/thumb in a tripod START  position and  essentially vertical is completely different than your START/SETUP style where you index, middle and thumb are not close to being vertical at the start of lift.

Edited by Kluv#0
Spelling

Little off topic, but ironmind rules are all fingertips touching the bottom plate at the start. How you get there doesn't matter, nothing about vertical fingers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Little off topic, but ironmind rules are all fingertips touching the bottom plate at the start. How you get there doesn't matter, nothing about vertical fingers.

You are correct. I was always under the impression of the "models" finger placement but that is not necessarily the case. Learn something everyday.

Nobody would ever close big grippers if we went by the pictures :D

10 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Nobody would ever close big grippers if we went by the pictures :D

Hey, at least I pulled over 70 on the IM hub going by the models picture- not too shabby:) Sorry Gil about deviating from your achievement

Edited by Kluv#0