Shaw Grip Challenges

Squeezus

Brian Shaw has been issuing some grip challenges lately. I think it's really great that someone so high profile is giving grip strength some spotlight. I figured it would be cool to have a thread of the challenges and our submissions/responses on the Gripboard.

Here are the challenges from Brian thus far:

York Shallow and Wide Hub +15lbs

York 60lbs Roundhead Toss

York Milled Plate 45 pinch with each hand

I know a lot of you guys can do these things, so let's get in there and show him what we got!

• Like 8

I did the 45s pinch with each hand tonight, not easy, but definitely doable:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Adam Juncker said:

Dang Gil, have you been working out?

Considering Gil is one of the best gripsters on the planet it is a safe bet He works out :)

19 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

I did the 45s pinch with each hand tonight, not easy, but definitely doable:

Awesome display of pinch power brother!

Edited by Guest

No doubt Gil will get all of these challenges, even the hub won't take him long I am sure. Beast!

Arms looking big Gil. Great stuff as always dude

Man Brian Shaw made those 45's EASY. I remember seeing only few people easily doing 2 45's like that. And well done Gil, that's awesome to do it, especially both hands. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chez said:

Arms looking big Gil. Great stuff as always dude

Just going to day "Dem Guns!"

14 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Someone wanna get this guy a permit for those guns?

TN is an open carry state, but I dont think military grade hardware was included. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Squeezus said:

Brian Shaw has been issuing some grip challenges lately. I think it's really great that someone so high profile is giving grip strength some spotlight. I figured it would be cool to have a thread of the challenges and our submissions/responses on the Gripboard.

Here are the challenges from Brian thus far:

York Shallow and Wide Hub +15lbs

York 60lbs Roundhead Toss

York Milled Plate 45 pinch with each hand

I know a lot of you guys can do these things, so let's get in there and show him what we got!

No doubts, Brian is doing great stuff to make gripsport more popular among strongmen and people who like to work out in gym. Gil, thanks for posting this info in this forum. Looking forward to makiing such kind of challenges in the future.

• Like 2

Knocked out another one. I guess Brian Shaw owes me a steak dinner now:

• Like 10

Steak with Shaw! And bring the flask for after dinner drinks

• Like 1

First one I saw was the 45s.  My submission was - sorry for the lack of "guns"

Edited by climber511
  • Like 10

Tried the 45’s after deadlift tonight and failed miserably, couldn’t even twitch them, no chalk but I doubt that woulda made a difference. Huge respect to the guys hitting these lifts, guaranteed that there hands aren’t nearly the size of Shaw’s making these feats that much more impressive 

• Like 1

I just saw where Mighty Mite Bob Sundin just entered - mighty hard to beat a guy nearly 60 - at 170ish pounds - lifting old style Yorks Left and right handed - RESPECT!!!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MurrayStrongnan said:

Tried the 45’s after deadlift tonight and failed miserably, couldn’t even twitch them, no chalk but I doubt that woulda made a difference. Huge respect to the guys hitting these lifts, guaranteed that there hands aren’t nearly the size of Shaw’s making these feats that much more impressive 

Chalk will make too much of a difference depends on your hand if it's dry, sweaty and so on. Usually it makes a big difference. Also there are plates which are too wide and sharp and doesn't stick well to each other. Use a plate which fits well in your hands with the best texture available. Mine are too smooth and wide and sharp.

13 hours ago, climber511 said:

I just saw where Mighty Mite Bob Sundin just entered - mighty hard to beat a guy nearly 60 - at 170ish pounds - lifting old style Yorks Left and right handed - RESPECT!!!

Bob lifted Old School Yorks?!?!?!

Has Shaw acknowledged anyone’s videos yet? Where the hell is everyone’s steak?

He just put out another one, lift any York blob 30lb or higher. Seems like he's trying to make them more accessible for non grip enthusiasts

• Like 1

Agree with that about the 25-45 plate pinch, but do you know any non grip enthusiasts that have access to blobs?

• Like 1

By accessible I meant more people have the strength to accomplish it, not literal access to the equipment.