IronMind Gold Nail bend

Juha Lehtimäki

Haven't attempt Gold Nail in a while so very happy with the progress.

Edited by Juha Lehtimäki
  • Like 15

Amazing, I cannot comprehend how you bend that kind of nails. 

Juha what kind of training you do in general for you specific strength? I see you do Bench here and there, but not much more then that and deadlifting the occasional barbell with one hand. Although not on social media lol 

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

We got to get you into the GripWell!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KRC said:

Amazing bend and amazing t-shirt.  

Huge thanks!

1 hour ago, Geralt said:

Amazing, I cannot comprehend how you bend that kind of nails. 

Juha what kind of training you do in general for you specific strength? I see you do Bench here and there, but not much more then that and deadlifting the occasional barbell with one hand. Although not on social media lol 

Thanks bro! Imo strong back is the key to bend heavy bars. Normally I train like a bodybuilder doing lots of sets and reps without any specific training. 

• Like 1

Whilst that style of bending is not my cup of tea, I have to admit you’ve got it nailed and the results speak for themselves. Strong and ruthlessly efficient.

Extremely impressive.

I think I may have picked up a couple of small things I can focus on to get a little more back into my sweep and initial crushdown.

Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gripmaniac said:

Whilst that style of bending is not my cup of tea, I have to admit you’ve got it nailed and the results speak for themselves. Strong and ruthlessly efficient.

Extremely impressive.

I think I may have picked up a couple of small things I can focus on to get a little more back into my sweep and initial crushdown.

Thanks for posting!

Thank you! 😊

Saalistava peto!

(god knows if google translate is accurate. :) )

• Haha 1

So easy for you mate :rock Damn that hyped me to go and bend again! Waiting for my wrist to fully heal .But the again I might be naughty and attempt bending a G5 and then a Shiny :dry

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

So easy for you mate :rock Damn that hyped me to go and bend again! Waiting for my wrist to fully heal .But the again I might be naughty and attempt bending a G5 and then a Shiny :dry

Thanks bro! Now I want to focus more to my Gold Nail project and do my best to cert this bar in future. Get well soon my friend! 👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Juha Lehtimäki said:

Thanks bro! Now I want to focus more to my Gold Nail project and do my best to cert this bar in future. Get well soon my friend! 👍

What have you found in your training that you can attribute to you smashing the gold? 

4 hours ago, Juha Lehtimäki said:

You know what you are doing, but my advice don't rush it. You clearly hand the strength but need to adapt it to IM pads. Rushing will cause problems. Maybe by next year it will happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

You know what you are doing, but my advice don't rush it. You clearly hand the strength but need to adapt it to IM pads. Rushing will cause problems. Maybe by next year it will happen.

You're right and I'm not gonna rush on that project! This is easy to bar to crush. Problem is now the first wobble/kink in single pads. Now I focus on that. Second problem is that shipping in Finland is not cheap, 6 bars+shipping cost ~50€. I have +8" 9.8mm bars and these are very similar than Gold, maybe even harder to kink. 

Edited by Juha Lehtimäki
  • Like 1

On 14.11.2017 at 11:16 PM, anwnate said:

Saalistava peto!

(god knows if google translate is accurate. :) )

Thanks! Yes, I'm hunting a beast!

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

What have you found in your training that you can attribute to you smashing the gold? 

I just have to concentrate on one thing at the time and also I'm +15kg heavier than last time attempt this. Hope that's help.

Edited by Juha Lehtimäki
  • Like 1

Absolutely awesome bend! Best of luck training and pursuing the cert - when was the last time you attempted a gold before this video? Also was there a basketball game going on during your bend and did you jump in after it and crush the other team? Just incredible!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Absolutely awesome bend! Best of luck training and pursuing the cert - when was the last time you attempted a gold before this video? Also was there a basketball game going on during your bend and did you jump in after it and crush the other team? Just incredible!

Thank you! It's been over a year ago. I think basketball or volleyball 😁

• Like 1

Crazy-fast bend.  Nice work!

• Like 1

Wow - clearly your last year of training paid off - how often do you train bending now? Once a week? Every other week? Every other day? You barely looked winded after taking down that gold nail - really awesome

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Crazy-fast bend.  Nice work!

Thank you! 🤗

6 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Wow - clearly your last year of training paid off - how often do you train bending now? Once a week? Every other week? Every other day? You barely looked winded after taking down that gold nail - really awesome

Nowdays once a week. Before that I bend IG 245kg bar. 

• Like 1

Awesome work Juha!!  

If anyone can cert this bar it’s you brother!!!  Keep us posted on your progress my friend! 💪🏻💪🏻💯

Cheers!

Rob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robertmiller67 said:

Awesome work Juha!!  

If anyone can cert this bar it’s you brother!!!  Keep us posted on your progress my friend! 💪🏻💪🏻💯

Cheers!

Rob

Huge thanks my friend! I will. 💪

• Like 1