bencrush

Timo Lauttamus 253lb One Hand Axle Deadlift

bencrush

Timo just competed in the I.A.W.A. Gold Cup in Glasgow, Scotland on November 4th.  He was in the 105kg bodyweight class, not sure of his exact bodyweight though.  This lift is higher than the official NAGS record.  He also did a middle fingers deadlift (mixed grip, but only using the middle finger of each hand) of 445lbs at the contest.  The guy is a grip freak show!  I don't know if there is any video of his one hand axle lift, but the IAWA (and USAWA) deadlifts are always strictly judged. 

• Like 2

Mikael Siversson

Don't they allow hook grip on the Fulton Bar? I think that is one difference between USAWA and IAWA. Pretty sure Timo has competed on the IM axle double overhand and his pull (vaguely remember it to be 180k or thereabouts) did not indicate capacity to pull 253lb on an IM axle with NAGS rules.

I suppose he might have gotten stronger though.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Tommy J.

😳 Very cool! 

Timo is certainly one that i am not surprised could pull that off though. Every vid ive seen of him has been impressive, for sure. I specifically remember him doing a 1 hand pullup on a 2" v bar mounted to the ceiling of a gym, and also being one of the first 5 or so to pinch 4-10k plates easily. 

That guy appears to be what could easily be described as a 210lb gymnist.

edit: 225 lb gymnist

Edited by Tommy J.
Was wrong
  • Like 2