dave chaffee

pawel r

Dave Chaffee is a monster!!!

Are there more videos of him training anywhere?  I've looked but not found many.  I would especially be interested in his hammer training.  His bio on WAL said something about training with a sledge with 30lbs taped to it!!

dave chaffee see time 5 : 55

• Like 1

Dave beat Dimitry Trubin 4:0 today at Zloty in Poland. Trubin had to pull out after 4 rounds as he got injured trying to deal with Dave's power. It was considered an upset and in my opinion was the most impressive thing any of the Americans did at Zloty in the 2 day event. This is considered yearly the most high level event on planet earth for arm-wrestling.  http://en.armpower.net/

Dave's strength is off the Charts! Pure Power!

On 21/11/2017 at 8:59 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Dave's strength is off the Charts! Pure Power!

I'm' waiting for armfight Chaffee vs Pushkar 

• 1 year later...

Dave Chaffee's one armed Hammer Strength curl was most impressive. I would not be surprised if the only people who can do more are Dennis and possibly, Levan.

I read that the Hammer Strength to free weights ratio is totally inconsistent and varies depending upon exercise. One person on another board said 560 on their bench press correlates to a 400 pound free weight bench whereas shoulder press is very close (<4% variance).

Someone should take a fish scale and measure the actual resistance on the Hammer Strength curl but it seems somewhat close to a table curl (except opposite in peak resistance - easy at bottom and hard at top). That being said, I read somewhere that without weights, the resistance is four pounds.

In that video, Dave curls four 45-pound plates plus a 10 for six, or 194 x 6. I don't know how accurate one rep max charts are, but it came back with a one rep max of 225 - about what you would expect from "the elite of the elite" or top two in the world.

I am kind of fascinated with the Hammer Strength machine curl. My gym of the past 20 years closed unexpectedly and the gym I am leaning towards joining has two of them. They have room for up to 270 pounds in 45-pound plates.

I tried that exercise for the first time ever in a training session a few days ago and badly underestimated how hard it was to go very heavy. I was able to get 139 x 10 and a number of sets of 5-6 right arm only since left is injured. I tried and missed 184 twice and that will be my goal by summer - 184 x 1.

Seeing how regular gym people do so little in that exercise gives you appreciation of the kind of superhuman horse power Chaffee has in his hook.