Elite Benders - Where Are They Now? - Mike Hadland

bencrush

@Booyah!!!

I thought this would be an appropriate place (instead of Goerners) to put topics on bending-related Where Are They Now queries. I hope Mike is doing very well these days. He was always super helpful, courteous, and the Chuck Norris of multiple bending styles. 

Anyone know what Mike is up to?

@EricMilfeld

• Like 4

Mike was a monster strong guy! He had many great steel bending videos but one in particular stuck in my memory. It was a 5” red nail bent in ironmind pads. It was not his best bend ever, he would eventually surpass that bend and go well beyond. But that particular bend stuck with me. Perhaps because at the time I was working on the red nail cut to 6.5” and 6”. I remember thinking a 5” red would just be completely impossible! Seeing him blast through one like that really left an impression on me. 

• Like 2

He and Paul knight were the two benders who's videos I was absolutely fixated by when I first learned about bending.  Isn't he an insane BIEW too or something crazy like that??

Hope hes doing well!

• Like 3

On November 10, 2017 at 10:51 PM, bencrush said:

@Booyah!!!

I thought this would be an appropriate place (instead of Goerners) to put topics on bending-related Where Are They Now queries. I hope Mike is doing very well these days. He was always super helpful, courteous, and the Chuck Norris of multiple bending styles. 

Anyone know what Mike is up to?

@EricMilfeld

Mike had a huge influence on my bending when I was just starting out.  Just seeing his intensity and enthusiasm was fantastic and a major motivation to bigger bends. I've wondered about this for the past couple of years too.

• Like 1

Ben, you, Eric M, and Mike were three of my big influences when I was trying to climb the ranks.  Hope he is doing well.