What,why and who got you into grip?

21 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Chez - I think Anton reached out to me before I even had a chance to get to him, but in any event, thanks for the suggestion!  I attended last Saturday and they are a great group of guys who taught me a lot.  I even closed my first COC 3!  It was a light one and I couldn't repeat a second time with rest, so I've got a ways to go before I'd try for a COC cert, but it was a thrill I didn't expect to have that day.  Hope to meet you at the next one I am able to attend.  They speak highly of you.  Cheers!

Glad you made it out man. They are a good group of guys. I heard you did well in the Pinch also. I hope to see you at a session soon. I can help you with grippers. Hey, I know you are new to the sport but there is a competition in NJ coming up we are all going to Feb 24. Best way to learn is to jump in. You can meet the NJ and CT guys there. Here is a link to the competition thread. My friend @anwnate is hosting it.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chez said:

Glad you made it out man. They are a good group of guys. I heard you did well in the Pinch also. I hope to see you at a session soon. I can help you with grippers. Hey, I know you are new to the sport but there is a competition in NJ coming up we are all going to Feb 24. Best way to learn is to jump in. You can meet the NJ and CT guys there. Here is a link to the competition thread. My friend @anwnate is hosting it.

Yea I think I told Vinnie about it too - would be a great first comp - or atleast very similar to my first comp

• Like 1

It’s the closest location regularly hosting comps right now also so it’s a good opportunity to get experience 

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:39 PM, Chez said:

Thanks!  I will check that thread out now, and see you at the garage soon.

Jim Bathurst of Beastskills was the person that pointed me in the direction of the gripboard (via his website, rather than personally). I was looking for ways to strengthen my grip for the purpose of learning muscle ups back in 2011. Still wouldn't really consider myself a participant in gripsports per se, but I have an interest and am still trying to make my hands stronger!

Edited by patrickmeniru

41 minutes ago, patrickmeniru said:

Jim Bathurst of Beastskills was the person that pointed me in the direction of the gripboard (via his website, rather than personally). I was looking for ways to strengthen my grip for the purpose of learning muscle ups back in 2011. Still wouldn't really consider myself a participant in gripsports per se, but I have an interest and am still trying to make my hands stronger!

Good luck brother!