Bending trainers

Sapper88

Hello fellow steel benders. Here to gauge interest in my product to see if it would justify a production run or keep making them by hand. Those who went to SJ4  may have seen them. Such as @Squeezus, @acromegaman, @Jedd Johnson, @Anton.Torrella, @Andrew Dube.

For those who are unfamiliar, here is Jedd Johnsons review 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

Hey that looks like a great idea - I've used a thor gripper to train the crush in the past but haven't found any non-destructive way to train the kink or sweep without actually bending steel - what thickness and type of steel did you use to make that? And I'm also thinking that the coil in the middle may get in the way of putting it right up against your neck while you train the kink and sweep - did you have this problem or were able to get it right up to your throat?  - and is it possible to wind the steel the otherway so you'd get it right up to your throat and push down towards the coil? Let me know what you think and again great work coming up with a reusable steel bending trainer you crafty machinist!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Hey that looks like a great idea - I've used a thor gripper to train the crush in the past but haven't found any non-destructive way to train the kink or sweep without actually bending steel - what thickness and type of steel did you use to make that? And I'm also thinking that the coil in the middle may get in the way of putting it right up against your neck while you train the kink and sweep - did you have this problem or were able to get it right up to your throat?  - and is it possible to wind the steel the otherway so you'd get it right up to your throat and push down towards the coil? Let me know what you think and again great work coming up with a reusable steel bending trainer you crafty machinist!

Thank you for your kind words and the input. This one in the video is either .343 or .312 diameter. I aimed to match common bending diameters. There are currently 3 difficulty levels: .281 diameter, .312 diameter, and .343 diameter.  I have now made them to where the coil does not get in the way anymore.

Edited by Sapper88
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crushonomics said:

What kind of price point are we talking on these?

They price point is going to be $29.99. There are varying thicknesses to progress in difficulty.

19 hours ago, Sapper88 said:

Thank you for your kind words and the input. This one in the video is either .343 or .312 diameter. I aimed to match common bending diameters. There are currently 3 difficulty levels: .281 diameter, .312 diameter, and .343 diameter.  I have now made them to where the coil does not get in the way anymore.

Very cool - did you already have some where the coil doesn't get in the way of your neck or did you literally just make some that way after reading my post?? Haha - either way efficient! Yo throw up a picture of it and I'd love to buy one

I had made some a few months ago after a buddy recommended it. A little more time consuming to produce but much more realistic. Pictures and a retail location/website are currently in negotiations and I expect that they will be available soon. 

5 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Very cool - did you already have some where the coil doesn't get in the way of your neck or did you literally just make some that way after reading my post?? Haha - either way efficient! Yo throw up a picture of it and I'd love to buy one

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sapper88 said:

I had made some a few months ago after a buddy recommended it. A little more time consuming to produce but much more realistic. Pictures and a retail location/website are currently in negotiations and I expect that they will be available soon. 

Hopefully, you can get a website together for Christmas! These look great Bill! You had so many creative items at SJ4 that I missed these. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Dube said:

Hopefully, you can get a website together for Christmas! These look great Bill! You had so many creative items at SJ4 that I missed these. 

It is all coming together! I am certain i will have everything up and going before christmas.

I greatly appreciate the kind words, especially from you. I developed a great respect for your knowledge when we spoke about our products at SJ4. You really know your stuff and you are very innovative!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick Browne said:

Is the length of the legs long enough and suitable to install handles from regular grippers to said legs?

The legs are long enough. However, due to the scale of them I'm not sure it would be practical but I would love to see what modifications or creative uses anyone can come up with.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, terryt3o3 said:

I would be interested in these if still possible.

You should check these out, steel benders helper.

https://www.cvropeandgear.com/store/p22/Steel_Bender's_Helpers™_(NOT_SOLD_OUT!_Use_Contact_Page_for_Ordering).html

i enjoy mine. The build quality is fanastic and the range of weight is unreal there’s something for everyone. I use one of mine as a warmup(sub intermediate) . The other i cant even do yet (sub advanced) 

these work the same as the ugly rubbers in that they dont replace actual steel. But they help build muscle and work the motion. 

I need to grab a intermediate. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 5:00 AM, KapMan said:

You should check these out, steel benders helper.

https://www.cvropeandgear.com/store/p22/Steel_Bender's_Helpers™_(NOT_SOLD_OUT!_Use_Contact_Page_for_Ordering).html

i enjoy mine. The build quality is fanastic and the range of weight is unreal there’s something for everyone. I use one of mine as a warmup(sub intermediate) . The other i cant even do yet (sub advanced) 

these work the same as the ugly rubbers in that they dont replace actual steel. But they help build muscle and work the motion. 

I need to grab a intermediate. 

what are  those how do you use them and how do you order them?

8 hours ago, ImpGrip said:

also where can i get an ugly rubber 

Steel benders can be used as a supplement to your bending, high reps, holds or partials to work sticking points. For example its helped with my flexibility with DO. I normally use it as a warmup or when i want to do time under tension by slowly going through the entire range of the bend.

Its not a replacement! Keep that in mind. It will help build muscles throw the full range  but nothing replaces actually bending steel. 

You order via the contact form

ugly rubbers arent made anymore but Camp verde makes an alternative. Im not familiar with it though.