How much can you guys sledge face lever?

Oh yeah waaay apart. I will get one first and then try it slowly

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Oh yeah waaay apart. I will get one first and then try it slowly

I got a 12 made by gil and did 2.5lb jumps. But now i do .5 jumps. The 2.5lb jumps set back progress and did a number on my wrists. Definatly .5 to 1lb jumps every couple of weeks.  

• Like 1

Will get a 20LB and will do my attempts starting above. Then slowly come down. Then I see where I am and I saved money buying one instead of 2 or 3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

The 12 and the 20 are miles apart. Be careful as it could wreck your wrist if tried to jump to a higher hammer before the tissues are accustomed to it my brother.

I think the ideal way is to make your 12 into an adjustable one.  Have a nut welded onto the face of your 12 - then you can use different lengths of bolts to add small weight plates (1 1/4# - 2.5 - 5 etc) and treat it like you would any other weight exercise with progressive resistance training.

Another option would be magnetic Platemates which would eliminate any needed welding.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

I think the ideal way is to make your 12 into an adjustable one.  Have a nut welded onto the face of your 12 - then you can use different lengths of bolts to add small weight plates (1 1/4# - 2.5 - 5 etc) and treat it like you would any other weight exercise with progressive resistance training.

Another option would be magnetic Platemates which would eliminate any needed welding.

I use a fat gripz placed on the neck with a weight plate slid up to the hammer head

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

That platemate idea just hit me 2 days ago. I felt like an idiot for never thinking of it previously haha

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I use a fat gripz placed on the neck with a weight plate slid up to the hammer head

I think I'm going to give you a ten pound penalty - you're making it look way too easy :)

29 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I think I'm going to give you a ten pound penalty - you're making it look way too easy :)

Haha sledge comes wicked easy for me. I did 11 pounder 5x 1st time I ever tried

56 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Haha sledge comes wicked easy for me. I did 11 pounder 5x 1st time I ever tried

Joe - any construction etc in your background or is this something you just "had"?

4 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Joe - any construction etc in your background or is this something you just "had"?

I was into powerlifting before I had to stop due to back surgery. I always was very strong right out of the gate with anything I approached. I deadlifted 430 the first time I tried at 15 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

Another combo sledge feat from this weekend. Stacked 14kg bells and sledge loaded to 15.5lbs. This one took quite a few tries!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Another combo sledge feat from this weekend. Stacked 14kg bells and sledge loaded to 15.5lbs. This one took quite a few tries!

Dubester! That was very nice! 

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dubester! That was very nice! 

Thanks big Joe!

If anyone has access to the kabuki strength shoulderok or similar encourage you to give it a lever. 

Its so awesome

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 2:36 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Start with a 14 or a 16 brother 

Got a 20 pounds yesterday. Damn that's way different animal lol. Need to train it more. Couldn't do it from handles end as predicted (because hey I don't train it) but could do two hands above the handle end. Gonna take a vid tomorrow hopefully when I train.

1 minute ago, Alawadhi said:

Got a 20 pounds yesterday. Damn that's way different animal lol. Need to train it more. Couldn't do it from handles end as predicted (because hey I don't train it) but could do two hands above the handle end. Gonna take a vid tomorrow hopefully when I train.

Nice brother! I did this last night on my knees 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Nice brother! I did this last night on my knees 

Crazy! I bet your wrist is extremely hard to bend in AW!

Edited by Alawadhi

Just did a 16 lber for the first time ever at the medley in gripmas this past weekend. Pretty stoked about it since my wrist have always been a weak point. Going to keep training them hard since I would like to do a 20 lber this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Just did a 16 lber for the first time ever at the medley in gripmas this past weekend. Pretty stoked about it since my wrist have always been a weak point. Going to keep training them hard since I would like to do a 20 lber this year. 

This yea 2017 (next few weeks) or next year you mean?

1 minute ago, Alawadhi said:

This yea 2017 (next few weeks) or next year you mean?

Next year. Not much time left in 2017 and its always crazy in December with holidays. I don't even have access to a 20 lb sledge at the moment. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chez said:

Dude I saw that! It was awesome congrats! That’s a big feat!

46 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Crazy! I bet your wrist is extremely hard to bend in AW!

11 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I saw that! It was awesome congrats! That’s a big feat!

The only time I have Arm wrestledwas when I was a kid, I have not Arm wrestled as an adults, I feel that there’s too much of a chance to be damaging  tendon ruining my other plans for grip! I would love to do it as it looks like great fun and I think that I would do very well at it… But the risk isnt worth the reward for me

Edited by Guest

On 12/13/2017 at 9:56 AM, Chez said:

Next year. Not much time left in 2017 and its always crazy in December with holidays. I don't even have access to a 20 lb sledge at the moment. 

Dude.  That's what duct tape is for.