Jump to content
anwnate

SJ's Four-for-February (February 24th, 2018)

Recommended Posts

anwnate

I appear to be missing a timeline.

Basically it's the same as SJ4.

 

For the 7 of you who didn't make it this Summer...

 

8:00am...Weigh-ins start for those trying to hit a particular weight class...otherwise...still gotta weigh in before we start. 

9:45am...Rules

10:00am...Begin 4ForFeb Grip Contest.  Late arrivals will be accepted if you live super far away...AND agree that everyone gets to hit your lifting shoulder once.  That's a lot of hits BTW. :)

3:00pm...Done with the Sanctioned Comp. part of day.  Since this could be...or close to, the 2nd largest NAGS Comp, and will be run on a single platform...it will require things to move without delay.  I really think 5 hours is a sweet spot for a no-break comp...IMNSHO.   After lunch...the timeline gets more sketchy.

Food!!!  Guys...we also have a ton of Water, Gatorade, zero calorie flavored water and Whiskey.  Feel free to bring anything else you may need.

4:15pm???  Awards for Sanctioned Comp.  While never officially closed...bar is officially open.

4:45pm  Bending Comp for those participating and or simply cheering.

Followed by the INCH Pinch Challenge.

5:30pm - whenever!  Friends, Feats, Fun. Headsup challenges?  Anyone Manna-Nuff at this comp?   Want to try the INCH?  Oh HELL YEAH.  Feel free to buy, trade, sell whatever implements you'd like...as long as they ain't mine. ;) 

What?  You are hungry again at 7pm, 9pm and 11pm?  Not a problem...we will have a tons of leftovers from lunch to munch.

Pretty much...if you lock most of your douchebaggery up...you won't be kicked out.  Me?  No...it's my house so I get a pass.  :laugh

the last breakfast.jpg

10am...Sunday...Breakfast is served.  Those staying in the hotel get a free breakfast...so we are "Second Breakfast."  Historically this has been a couple of great hours to chill and get to say goodbye to peeps/exchange last minute info etc.  The wifey has done a great job so far.

second breakfast.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acorn

Yay! On my way and flight about to take off.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anton.Torrella

Ah yes, the last breakfast of sj3 - we have to come up with a theme for the 4forFeb survivor breakfast picture - all ideas are greatly welcome

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bencrush

Best of strength to all the competitors!!!  Looking forward to seeing the results of another great comp put on by Nate!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
4 hours ago, bencrush said:

Best of strength to all the competitors!!!  Looking forward to seeing the results of another great comp put on by Nate!

Should run smooth.  People are great at stepping up.  No way SJ4 happened without a ton of help.  I expect some HUGE numbers tomorrow. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.

Looking forward to picking up the T Shirt I left at your house in July :rock

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee

I will be bringing these challenge bells tomorrow for whoever wants to play with them after. The inch replica is 173.8lbs and the strength shop bell is 143.8lbs :D:rock

IMG_20180123_133733.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenze646

Good luck today everyone! 

I will be thinking about the comp the entire day whilst I am at work.😔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shoggoth

Good luck everyone. Stay safe!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

@John McCarter  ...47kg Iron mind Hub.  Multiple videos...total legit.

Reee-dic--ulous.  Yeah...if ironmind recognizes it...shattered the WR.  Shattered.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kluv#0
4 minutes ago, anwnate said:

@John McCarter  ...47kg Iron mind Hub.  Multiple videos...total legit.

Reee-dic--ulous.  Yeah...if ironmind recognizes it...shattered the WR.  Shattered.

Awesome John!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
1 hour ago, anwnate said:

@John McCarter  ...47kg Iron mind Hub.  Multiple videos...total legit.

Reee-dic--ulous.  Yeah...if ironmind recognizes it...shattered the WR.  Shattered.

The beast bringing home the hubacon

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crushonomics

Thank you for hosting this contest yesterday! I had a great time and it was a pleasure to see John (and Juliet!) hitting world class numbers. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
2 hours ago, crushonomics said:

Thank you for hosting this contest yesterday! I had a great time and it was a pleasure to see John (and Juliet!) hitting world class numbers. 

Yes!  Thank you to Nate, his family, and sorinex!  For some of us that was our first comp, and what a great experience it was!  I didn't even know what grip sports were at the time of the last comp, but there at my first comp everyone made me feel as welcome as if I had been going for years.  Everyone I met was helpful and encouraging.  My only mistake was not bringing my son to keep Ace company in the juniors group!  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
On 2/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, temmmeeee said:

I will be bringing these challenge bells tomorrow for whoever wants to play with them after. The inch replica is 173.8lbs and the strength shop bell is 143.8lbs :D:rock

IMG_20180123_133733.jpg

Nate, Anthony Clarino, and I had a great workout with these at the end, bringing them back up!  Wow.  I had never seen an inch before.  Just wow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate
4 hours ago, crushonomics said:

Thank you for hosting this contest yesterday! I had a great time and it was a pleasure to see John (and Juliet!) hitting world class numbers. 

I'm very pleased you had a great time.  Me too. 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Yes!  Thank you to Nate, his family, and sorinex!  For some of us that was our first comp, and what a great experience it was!  I didn't even know what grip sports were at the time of the last comp, but there at my first comp everyone made me feel as welcome as if I had been going for years.  Everyone I met was helpful and encouraging.  My only mistake was not bringing my son to keep Ace company in the juniors group!  

Excellent!  Absolutely...we need more Jr's to join our cult sport!

58 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Nate, Anthony Clarino, and I had a great workout with these at the end, bringing them back up!  Wow.  I had never seen an inch before.  Just wow.

My 53kg was the one with the magnets on the ends.  The Mama and Papa INCH were there...brought by @temmmeeee (time butler).  Thanks man!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anwnate

Guys...Aaron is still here...and I got a crapload of cleaning to do...so I will likely get all the numbers up late tonight...if not tomorrow morning.  Until then...here's a few pics!

received_10154585791608039.jpeg

IMG_8910.jpgantonmaureen.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee
6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Nate, Anthony Clarino, and I had a great workout with these at the end, bringing them back up!  Wow.  I had never seen an inch before.  Just wow.

My legs are sore from moving them so much. Thankfully I had friends over later to help me bring them back in my room. I was way too beat to take em in alone

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anton.Torrella

Words don't do justice to describe the awesome time I had yesterday - total pleasure meeting Tom, Frank, Mike, and Aaron and getting a real chance to talk with and hang out with everyone there who I met at SJ4 and before - John, Delmar, Carl, Adam, Devorn, Juliet, Wojo, Tim, Steve, Matt, and all the tri-state guys that make every comp and grip work out the amazing experience it is - can't wait til next time we get together! John and Juliet killed it! Thank you Sorinex for buying everyone lunch and drinks! The after party bending comp and arm wrestling matches were a ton of fun, thanks to everyone who stuck around to take part in it and bending that huge piece of 3/4" round steel - Adam tore everyones arms off then did pull ups on a hub and crusher to celebrate - the whiskey consumption competition was also awesome as usual - kirkland canadian whiskey - the magic of Jersey - and last and most, thank you Nate and Maureen for hosting another phenomenal grip competition and party - South Jerseys the place to be for gripsport and good times!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.
1 hour ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Words don't do justice to describe the awesome time I had yesterday - total pleasure meeting Tom, Frank, Mike, and Aaron and getting a real chance to talk with and hang out with everyone there who I met at SJ4 and before - John, Delmar, Carl, Adam, Devorn, Juliet, Wojo, Tim, Steve, Matt, and all the tri-state guys that make every comp and grip work out the amazing experience it is - can't wait til next time we get together! John and Juliet killed it! Thank you Sorinex for buying everyone lunch and drinks! The after party bending comp and arm wrestling matches were a ton of fun, thanks to everyone who stuck around to take part in it and bending that huge piece of 3/4" round steel - Adam tore everyones arms off then did pull ups on a hub and crusher to celebrate - the whiskey consumption competition was also awesome as usual - kirkland canadian whiskey - the magic of Jersey - and last and most, thank you Nate and Maureen for hosting another phenomenal grip competition and party - South Jerseys the place to be for gripsport and good times!

Ditto to everything Anton said! Thank you to @1stCoC Pops for buying us lunch, Nate/Maureen for having us all, all who donated prizes to the contest, and everyone for coming and being awesome. Was truly an absolute blast. Hope to chill with you guys and ladies again soon!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrankD

This was my first comp at the Brous House and I was blown away by Nate's basement gym. The equipment, the steel, the grip artwork- it is truly an amazing place. I highly recommend attending one of his comps/grip get togethers if you can. It was great meeting Anton, Delmar, Anthony, Tom, Vinnie, Adam, Duevorn,  Matt, Tim, Juliet, Wojo and Steve. Great seeing some old friends again too (Chez, Nate, Tank Andrade and Carl D).  I was very happy to get the chance to get gripper advice from grip legend, Aaron Corcorran. I learned some innovative and interesting concepts from him that I am eager to try out. Nate and Maureen were outstanding hosts. They made everyone feel at home and were extremely hospitable. Nate ran a very efficient competition. Everything ran smooth and considering the large crowd, it went pretty quick. Thank you again to Richard Sorin @1stCoC for providing the food and drinks. It was appreciated by all. John McCarter's lifts were absolutely amazing!! I have a few videos that I will post in this thread tomorrow. The bending event after the grip contest was a blast! Great job Delmar for getting that organized. If Nate hosts any contests in the future, I will do everything possible to make it there again! I hope to see you all again soon.

Edited by FrankD
added a name twice
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

I spent almost all day today relaxing and recovering. This was a great contest. Lots of impressive lifts. It was a terrific atmosphere with everyone cheering each other on to set PRs. That is what I love about the sport......the camaraderie. Hope to see some of the same faces at grip nationals in June. Big thanks to Nate, Maureen and everyone else who helped run the competition 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×