SJ's Four-for-February (February 24th, 2018)

anwnate

The same that pairs with two handed deadlifts - ridiculous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/26/2017 at 12:39 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

@Chez unleashed his fresh outta the box IM blockbuster yesterday and that implement is slick as sh**! Anyone been training the blockbuster and manage to season their implement and what kinda numbers people pulling on it? - this comp also got me touching the hub for the first time in over a year and the LBH for the first time since the SJ3 medley - RAISE THE DEAD! Anyone else?

I've had my blockbuster for like 8 months and it's still pretty slick and needs to be rechecked after each lift. It's gotten a tiny bit better. I managed 80.8 yesterday but I'm hoping for 85+ at the comp. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, temmmeeee said:

I've had my blockbuster for like 8 months and it's still pretty slick and needs to be rechecked after each lift. It's gotten a tiny bit better. I managed 80.8 yesterday but I'm hoping for 85+ at the comp. 

Not joking if you bring it to the comp and I'll get it chalked up really good for you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Not joking if you bring it to the comp and I'll get it chalked up really good for you. 

That would be SICK!! :D

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

That would be SICK!! :D

Most of the tools there for the contest that will be used are going to be chalked up like a madman after I get a hold of them.

• Like 1

I also want the pro chalking 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

I also want the pro chalking 

Okay guys. Once there's some down time, I'll break down the chalking method and how it's done.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Anton.Torrella said:

Get two lawyers together for grip training and first thing you know they're bustin out their sauvignon blancs - I love it! - Apothics always a solid red too - I didn't know they had an Inferno bourbon barrel aged but it sounds great - I liked their dark blend too and their white was good but I thought their crush blend was too sweet - You drink well my friend!

Yeah but I'm a government lawyer so fair chance it's a screw cap ... agree on the dark being their best non-bourbon red and the crush being a bit sweet.  I don't love their white but I think it is OK.  Can't wait to try hub/block/whatever.  I'm adding stuff to my xmas list left and right here ...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

80lbs on the blockbusters a good lift in my opinion - good work - sucks that its still so slick after 8 months - my IM hubs still fairly slick ands gotta be rechalked after each lift too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah but I'm a government lawyer so fair chance it's a screw cap ... agree on the dark being their best non-bourbon red and the crush being a bit sweet.  I don't love their white but I think it is OK.  Can't wait to try hub/block/whatever.  I'm adding stuff to my xmas list left and right here ...

Awesome

If anyone has certain tools they want seasoned up fast, bring em to me after the contest. I'll do what I can to get them chalked up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just updating that I'm at least a maybe; I'm hoping to switch to definite but waiting for the moment to make sure I don't get roped into a winter break vacation that prevents me from attending (my son's school is closed that week).  I'll know by early January.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Just updating that I'm at least a maybe; I'm hoping to switch to definite but waiting for the moment to make sure I don't get roped into a winter break vacation that prevents me from attending (my son's school is closed that week).  I'll know by early January.

Good to hear!  Hope it works out.

Coming will afford you the rare opportunity to meet the ELITE gripster...Aaron Corcorran (acorn).

He finally succumbed to 3 years of badgering by me and will be destroying....err I mean competing this February. :) Woot!

• Like 3

I'm a firm maybe. (Tom Flesher, coming in from Long Island). Hoping to get my wife on board so we can hang out with some friends of ours from right outside Philadelphia and make a weekend of it. 

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, crushonomics said:

I'm a firm maybe. (Tom Flesher, coming in from Long Island). Hoping to get my wife on board so we can hang out with some friends of ours from right outside Philadelphia and make a weekend of it. 

I'm also from Long Island, and hoping to tag this event onto the back end of a trip to Florida with my wife and son to see my dad -- found a good potential flight to Tampa from Philly, returning Friday evening, so I can do the event Saturday.  Wife is so not into my new interest in grip but I think she'll give in.

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, John McCarter said:

He's not lying.  He taught me how to chalk things and it works.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, temmmeeee said:

Is anyone working with the "water method" on a clean blockbuster? It sounds like that will not be an option at the comp, though, to clean the implement.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, acorn said:

Looking forward to joining you guys for this.

- Aaron

Hope I can finally meet the mad scientist 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Hope I can finally meet the mad scientist 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1