SJ's Four-for-February (February 24th, 2018)

anwnate

19 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

... and the gripper trophy.

3FE11840-B07E-435E-9B86-67DAA6BE0A95.thumb.jpeg.0413ccfe06c2835b8265b08cbcbb5085.jpeg

This is sick looking!  One of the coolest things I've ever seen!!  Two of my favorite things in the world.  :rock

• Like 1

Traditionally we hit arm wrestling laying prone on the floor in Nate's basement after drinking and lifting for a few hours - but yea, an arm wrestling table sounds like a very civilized alternative

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Traditionally we hit arm wrestling laying prone on the floor in Nate's basement after drinking and lifting for a few hours - but yea, an arm wrestling table sounds like a very civilized alternative

Yup...still 4-0 against Chez (Haha Haha!)  Anton...I refuse to be civilized post comp. :)

• Like 1

Yep - one night chez actually died you beat him so bad - i was there

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

Yep - one night chez actually died you beat him so bad - i was there

He would have.. if the Brooklyn dog didn't give him mouth to mouth.  I wasn't gonna do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was great how that dog was chowin down on pasta and bread the whole night before then - then the granulated flour snowball fight - good times

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Anton.Torrella said:

That was great how that dog was chowin down on pasta and bread the whole night before then - then the granulated flour snowball fight - good times

Over/under chez responds to this thread within the hour?

Just a lot of talking from two guys I plan on making my bitch at the comp as always 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chez said:

Just a lot of talking from two guys I plan on making my bitch at the comp as always 

Damn son:ohmy

4 minutes ago, KapMan said:

We allow him to mouth off now and then to keep him from whining too much.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KapMan said:

They talk a lot......I train. It shows in the comp results 😜

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, SNichols said:

I’m willing to bring mine, if Nate is cool with it.

Rocky_balboa_1_by_chicho234-d4t2u4v.jpg

Lets keep her in the truck til after the bending comp is finished.  Not 100% what kind of room we got til go time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SNichols said:

I’m willing to bring mine, if Nate is cool with it.

I'm requesting lessons.  Be gentle on me. I've only beaten Chez...so obviously I've got a long way to go.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, anwnate said:

I'm requesting lessons.  Be gentle on me. I've only beaten Chez...so obviously I've got a long way to go.

Totally not serious here.  What Chez said about kicking our asses in Grip could not be more true. 

I've got to find a different way of beating the Chezmonster...like 1oz curls (last man standing...literally lol).

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

Totally not serious here.  What Chez said about kicking our asses in Grip could not be more true. 

I've got to find a different way of beating the Chezmonster...like 1oz curls (last man standing...literally lol).

You could go for a run...

I'm working on some keychain prize grippers that I hope to have done by the time I fly out on Thursday. I wanted to get a few done to sell as well but not sure I will have time to get them done in time. Made a new spring winding jig of even smaller scale for this. Roughly 40% scale compared to full size and doing 2 each in Naval Brass knurled handles and Solid Bronze knurled handles with one of those keychain grippers going to the promoter. :) 

Will get some pics up once the first one is assembled. Looking forward to catching up with all of ya'll in person.

- Aaron

• Like 7

7 hours ago, anwnate said:

Have endurance events like a hold for time. Chez loves those...

• Haha 1

Hey 4ForFeb'rs

Letting you know that I promised Maureen that I'd put a donation box out at the event.

Thank goodness so many sponsors showed up (TY all!) to take some burden off.

I really like a no-fee event and plan on keeping it that way since I believe it makes it more appealing to newbies and...

the fact that some people are shelling big bucks to get here and or stay at a hotel.

That said...I wanted to explain it's presence at the event. 

I told her I'd put one up...and as we know...happy wife =  happy life.

This will be the last you hear of it.

People have asked what they should bring.  If we can get a few implements for the warm up area...it can only help.  I've lost my comp sheet and no longer know who I asked to bring what.

If you intend on bringing an implement...mark it WELL with your name please.

Challenge items.  Hell yeah bring them.  Post comp feats are always a blast, whether at Chris's or Jedds...even I have a goodly amount of toys.

Please ask any questions here on this thread...so others won't have to duplicate them.  Thanks ...can't wait to see y'all!

• Like 5

Key chain grippers for the Top 3 at the comp I am donating. This one is one of the Naval Brass ones.

20180220_071805.thumb.jpg.78cb42bcd52d80b306800b896bdf1de8.jpg

• Like 5

20180220_164030.thumb.jpg.38ea04439b344f88190a70d5fc5d4df1.jpg20180220_164038.thumb.jpg.1d663c26e9d6d445b19233a7f3901d71.jpg20180220_164215.thumb.jpg.38694d1f2c4aa2df79d012eb3f6c2901.jpg20180220_164218.thumb.jpg.c94829a16e66e5f815cda285e899a4f4.jpg

I weighed 1 of the hammers: 11 lbs. Seems to work good as a levering hammer. I just finished painting the handles and clear coating the heads.  I hate painting. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I weighed 1 of the hammers: 11 lbs. Seems to work good as a levering hammer. I just finished painting the handles and clear coating the heads.  I hate painting. 

So sick!  They look amazing! 

Why didn't I train???  lol. 

(Probably cause my best shot would be dropping down to 74kg (no offense to any that light).)

Blockbuster too wide/not ideal for you?

Can you legally key pinch 40lbs on the "INCH PINCH"?  

Probably...  

But just how long can you hold on for? 

Just how tough are you mentally?

$25 gift certificate to 5 Guys is on the line for the person who can hang on the longest.

Heaviest competitors (on down) will take the disadvantage by having to go first.

This challenge will take place after we crown a 4ForFeb. bending champion.

Good luck.

iP.jpg

• Like 6