Training sledgehammers. How do you guys do it!

Impressive!  How's the webbing between thumb and index finger feeling - that what always hurts for me?

6 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Impressive!  How's the webbing between thumb and index finger feeling - that what always hurts for me?

Hey brother! I don’t have any pain in my hands at all what I lever But I have to Be very careful when it’s humid and I start to sweat because I get skin tears From being overzealous with the reps. I often cannot tell that they are forming while I am doing the reps because I am so concentrating on the form. I usually do sledgehammer levering after captains of crushed because I feel like my hands are warmed and primed For the heavy work. This is the latest I’ve gone in hammers in a long time That is so great with a wicked pump in the muscle  I belly of the forearm flexors.

You'd love the double sledge lever for reps event at Gripmas this year.  Arms supported - safety rack so you can't brain yourself - you'd be a wicked force on it!

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

You'd love the double sledge lever for reps event at Gripmas this year.  Arms supported - safety rack so you can't brain yourself - you'd be a wicked force on it!

I may come down with Jedd

28 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Today was an endurance day. 30 reps with an 11 pounder.

Wow, great job!

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I may come down with Jedd

Don't know about your other lifts but this one is right in your wheelhouse!  How do you do with a 16# sledge?

That was impressive Joe!!

25 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Don't know about your other lifts but this one is right in your wheelhouse!  How do you do with a 16# sledge?

Here’s me kissing one 6x

29 minutes ago, climber511 said:

What are the other events at gripmas this year? Some aren’t that great right? 

53 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What are the other events at gripmas this year? Some aren’t that great right? 

Depends on your opinion I guess on the events.  Different people like different things.

ISG Gripper - I have fixed the issue with the light system that shows when closed.  I am the odd man out in Grip Sport that hates nutcracker style grippers so this is not really a popular event I guess - but I also have people who say they loved it way more than regular grippers - your mileage may vary.  The strongest guy will still win.  My guess is Chez if he comes.

Euro Pinch - regular rules - probably the most popular event in Grip Sport - it can be long but still the best test of pinch strength.  Jedd or Kody.  Haven't heard from Kody yet.

Medley - historically this has been the most popular event held at Gripmas each year.  Depending on the person which of the many items they like/hate.  Big guys hate this one - little guys hate that one - but I try to have a little of everything in it.  It will bring out any weaknesses you might have in a hurry - watching that darn Jedd blow right though it each year is humbling to say the least - if he has a weakness I haven't found it yet.

Double Sledge Lever - I held this once before but for max weight instead of most reps.  Once again a love hate depending on the person.  If you're good at sledge levering you'll like it - if that's a weakness - you'll hate it.  Most complaints were that it hurts their hands.  I would have guessed Luke or Jedd until I watched your video. 

Only way you'll know what you think is to show up :)

4 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Depends on your opinion I guess on the events.  Different people like different things.

ISG Gripper - I have fixed the issue with the light system that shows when closed.  I am the odd man out in Grip Sport that hates nutcracker style grippers so this is not really a popular event I guess - but I also have people who say they loved it way more than regular grippers - your mileage may vary.  The strongest guy will still win.  My guess is Chez if he comes.

Euro Pinch - regular rules - probably the most popular event in Grip Sport - it can be long but still the best test of pinch strength.  Jedd or Kody.  Haven't heard from Kody yet.

Medley - historically this has been the most popular event held at Gripmas each year.  Depending on the person which of the many items they like/hate.  Big guys hate this one - little guys hate that one - but I try to have a little of everything in it.  It will bring out any weaknesses you might have in a hurry - watching that darn Jedd blow right though it each year is humbling to say the least - if he has a weakness I haven't found it yet.

Double Sledge Lever - I held this once before but for max weight instead of most reps.  Once again a love hate depending on the person.  If you're good at sledge levering you'll like it - if that's a weakness - you'll hate it.  Most complaints were that it hurts their hands.  I would have guessed Luke or Jedd until I watched your video. 

Only way you'll know what you think is to show up :)

Wow brother thanks for the break down! I am decent at all those things I think. Only euro pinched the 1st time yesterday but didn’t do too bad!  The sledge one sounds like my favorite event