First Workout

Rick Walker

Speed squats-I went 275 + double looped average bands-8x2

He went 250+ double looped average bands- 8x2

Then onto deads off a box-bar was touching tops of feet. He started 455 for 3-nailed them easy. I went 500x3. Whoa. Tough. I havent deadlifted heavy in a while.

He then bumped up to 500 and got them. ERRRR!!! I didnt want to jump up but had to 505X3-very hard. I lose a lot off the deadlift when I dont pull on a regular basis. Good thing it comes back as quickly as it leaves. But hey, I still beat him!!!! :D

Glute hams-3x8-he really sucked at these so of corse I had to razz him about being a wussy! :cool

Reverse Hypers- 3 mini bands and a light band-lots O' tension-3 sets of 8-low back killa'!

Decline board situps with legs straight-3x20 with 10 pounder. I smoked him on these as well-his abs are weak.

Not bad considering he is 42 pound heavier. Man, I missed having a workout partner. I am expecting ELITE in November with him pushing me this hard!! :rock:rock:rock

The best part? He was beat down and winded at the end. I feel great, and I am going to train grip and go for a bike ride as well. :yikes

Rick Walker :rock

Rick,

That's an impressive start to your workouts!!! :bow

Please keep us posted on the progress, btw could you list a rough guide on the resistence increases that the various bands and what not you guys add to the barbell for your workouts?

ie. average band = x number of pounds?

Jon@han

I use Jumpstretch bands, the ONLY bands to use!

Band training WORKS!

The average bands in the setup I had them in and with my height, add about 130 on the bar. We double looped or triple loop them around the collars, then attach them to 4X4s that I have bolted into the concrete in my garage.

Jumpstretch used to have a presure chart that gave band tensions as compared to height of lifter-not sure where it is on the site now?

In 6 weeks we change to a new cycle-that will have me squatting with 2-strong bands on each side and 35-45% bar weight. I will be locking out close to 650 pounds.

I was 201 this AM. Gotta stay lean, gotta stay lean. My buddy wants to lift in the 220s, so he has some weight to lose as he was 242 yesterday. HE is a monster-242 at 5'10"!

But, I am stronger. So :tongue:whistel

Rick Walker :rock